Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Reload this Page >

Can I use a different ESC with my jeti phasor 30/3? or do I have to use a Jeti brand?

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Can I use a different ESC with my jeti phasor 30/3? or do I have to use a Jeti brand?

Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 AM
pbjones81

Default Can I use a different ESC with my jeti phasor 30/3? or do I have to use a Jeti brand?

the matching jeti controller from hobby lobby is $100. Im wondering if there is a cheaper alternative. the plane is a 4 channel Hobbico Superstar electric with the jeti phasor 30/3 motor.

will this controller work with it?https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=2062
Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

According to specs, that motor pulls to ~40 amps so you can safely go with a smaller esc. The brand does not matter. The esc does not have to match the motor by brand - only the amps need to be appropriate.

There are less expensive alternatives but you may want to consider one that is easily programmable.

BTW, Welcome to WF!!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 AM
jooNorway

Most controllers can be used.
But: Jeti have some of the best controllers on the market! My absolute favourite. Have ran (among others) CC, Hyperion and Jeti on my Phasor motors and Jeti is the one which always works best, give some more RPM, smoothest start and so on.
After testing a lot of controllers I only buy Jeti Adv, and the last months Jeti Spin. No more test and fail with cheap stuff.