New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue

Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Default Beacon Foam-Tac Glue

Far & away, Beacon Foam-Tac Glue is the best glue I've ever used. I like it so much, that I've contacted the manufacturer & am now one of the largest dealers of their Foam-Tac product. I'm also working directly with Beacon to improve upon the product, and we believe it's now exactly what we as foamie flyers need. If anyone has additional suggestions/comments about the product, please email me.

Beacon Adhesives is open to hearing more from our niche market, and we are exploring a second formulation as an alternative to CA based glues for 'at the field' repairs!

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue bonds Depron, EPS, EPP, XPS, EPO, and many other kinds of foam quickly & cleanly. It does not attack/melt/dissolve foams, and when dry it remains flexible and clear. It's also great for bonding carbon fiber.

My own personal observations about Foam-Tac:

1. It's a thick clear goo, reminds me of shoe-goo in it's consistency, but a little thinner.
2. Even though it's thick, when you pull the bottle away, it doesn't have any stringys to deal with.
3. Once bonded, you will not see the seam line & have no idea that it was ever two separate pieces.
4. Even though it forms a strong & permanent bond, the glue remains flexible & clear. I have used it to re-attach a broken aileron, and the aileron
functions just as it did before re-attaching (I actually glued the aileron straight onto the wing, knowing that it would still flex after Foam-Tac cured).
5. Beacon & the bottle instructions say it takes 10-20 minutes to form a strong bond, but in my experience it happens in as few as 5 minutes
(assuming it's not overly humid).
6. You don't need to use much glue at all, I use far less of it than if I were to use a foam-safe CA for the same task.... and there's no need for any
accelerator.
7. And lastly..... It is made right here in the USA by American employees, in a local company. It is NOT outsourced to Asia! Support USA small business'!

FOAM TAC has been tested with:

* DEPRON
* BLUECOR
* CELLFOAM
* EPP
* EPO
* EPS (STYROFOAM)
* XPS
* Open-Cell type foams

I have used Foam-Tac to repair a broken aileron & it worked beautifully. The aileron came off cleanly at the hinge point after a bad crash, and I used foam-tac to GLUE THE AILERON BACK ONTO THE WING! This glue is super strong, yet stays pliable, and you would never know that the aileron had ever been broken off! The jet still looks new & there was no need to mar up the finish with any hinge tape or fasteners. The only evidence of the repair is a few tiny white spots right inside the foam hinge, where the paint had flecked off. Coloring is different in before & after because of lighting conditions. I can assure you this is the same airplane, look at the CA glue marks where the wing meets the fuse... you'll see they are identical. If I had used Foam-Tac for the initial build, those stains wouldn't be there!

FOAM-TAC is not CA (cyanoacrylate) based. At the heart of the glue is a high quality resin that creates a permanent bond between the two surfaces. It does not have any of the negative qualities that come with using CA.

FOAM TAC:
* Won’t glue your fingers together.
* Won’t leave a white haze on the surface.
* Won‘t require kicker or accelerator.
* Won’t leave a brittle joint.
* Won’t foam up.

If anyone reading this would like to buy a bottle, I sell them on my website here: FOAM-TAC

Last edited by Billbo1970; 10-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

I've been using their 3-in-1 Advance for my foamy builds and it works great. Been wanting to try Foam Tac as well but haven't seen it in the stores yet.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

I sell it at my website for a very reasonable price. It's far superior to the 3-in-1 product, in just about every regard. If you build a lot of foamies (or repair them) I highly recommend the Foam-Tac product.

Price: $4.99 for a large 2 oz. bottle
Shipping: $5.49 for 1-4 bottles!!

http://www.filadelfosrc.com/foam-tac_Glue.html

Bill,
Owner
Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

This has been selling extremely well, and everybody that tries it seems to like it. I am down to my last ten (10) bottles. Once they are gone it will probably be about 2 weeks until I get my next supply, unless Beacon decides to do a product run earlier than expected.

If anyone from here has tried the product, please post your opinions of it here! Beacon Adhesives is open to hearing more from our niche market and wants to support us with more products specifically designed for the foamie flyer. I am working with them on a separate faster curing product to replace use of CA, that will retain the clarity, strength, & flexibility of Foam-Tac. Any other product suggestions will be appreciated, I have a direct line to the scientists who are formulating this stuff!

Bill
Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Default THE best foam-safe glue

I've gotten better pricing from Beacon, I am now able to reduce the price to $4.29/bottle! I've bought SEVERAL cases of the stuff & can ship out immediately. Shipping costs are still the same, $5.49 for 1-4 bottles.

Bill
Old 11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
stoney7713

I've bought and used several bottles now, works better then the 3-in-1 Beacon which melts some foams if not applied right.

The Beacon Foam-Tac also sets up faster then the 3-in-1 but remains flexible and durable and a forms a much stronger bond in my experience.

A fresh new bottle though does seem to melt the bluecor foam a little bit if applied to heavily, I suggest letting it breath a bit to get rid any solvent it may have. Cut the tip and leave it open for an hour. I worked in a solvent plant and know the smell of many acetones, acetates, and other solvent eating foam chemicals and this has just a touch of the smell in a new bottle.

Don't worry about it hardening in the bottle like CA, I left the cap off over night before and it remained fluid.

Use lightly like any tack glue, too much just adds weight, it sets quickly, very tacky, won't bond your fingers together, I tried to, just to measure the set up time.

One bottle lasts a long time and beats the high price of foam safe CA any day. After you try it though you'll wish you ordered 2 or 3 bottles so you never run out.

I've built entire foamies only using Foam-Tac in place of CA.

The only foam safe non CA glue I've used that bonded better took 24 hours or more to fully dry. The Foam-Tac bottle says 10-20 mins before it bonds, but it tacks up faster then that in my usage. It can have you back in the air in less time, depending on repairs needed. No worries about the runny CA and Kicker, or brittle repairs.

I've recommended this to all my combat buddies, especially to the ones yelling for the debonder after they CA'd their fingers together.

5 out of 5 stars
Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
tflight

how long does it take foam-tac to cure 100%?

Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
Far & away, Beacon Foam-Tac Glue is the best glue I've ever used. I like it so much, that I've contacted the manufacturer & am now one of the largest dealers of their Foam-Tac product. I'm also working directly with Beacon to improve upon the product, and we believe it's now exactly what we as foamie flyers need. If anyone has additional suggestions/comments about the product, please email me.

Beacon Adhesives is open to hearing more from our niche market, and we are exploring a second formulation as an alternative to CA based glues for 'at the field' repairs!

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue bonds Depron, EPS, EPP, XPS, EPO, and many other kinds of foam quickly & cleanly. It does not attack/melt/dissolve foams, and when dry it remains flexible and clear. It's also great for bonding carbon fiber.

My own personal observations about Foam-Tac:

1. It's a thick clear goo, reminds me of shoe-goo in it's consistency, but a little thinner.
2. Even though it's thick, when you pull the bottle away, it doesn't have any stringys to deal with.
3. Once bonded, you will not see the seam line & have no idea that it was ever two separate pieces.
4. Even though it forms a strong & permanent bond, the glue remains flexible & clear. I have used it to re-attach a broken aileron, and the aileron
functions just as it did before re-attaching (I actually glued the aileron straight onto the wing, knowing that it would still flex after Foam-Tac cured).
5. Beacon & the bottle instructions say it takes 10-20 minutes to form a strong bond, but in my experience it happens in as few as 5 minutes
(assuming it's not overly humid).
6. You don't need to use much glue at all, I use far less of it than if I were to use a foam-safe CA for the same task.... and there's no need for any
accelerator.
7. And lastly..... It is made right here in the USA by American employees, in a local company. It is NOT outsourced to Asia! Support USA small business'!

FOAM TAC has been tested with:

* DEPRON
* BLUECOR
* CELLFOAM
* EPP
* EPO
* EPS (STYROFOAM)
* XPS
* Open-Cell type foams

I have used Foam-Tac to repair a broken aileron & it worked beautifully. The aileron came off cleanly at the hinge point after a bad crash, and I used foam-tac to GLUE THE AILERON BACK ONTO THE WING! This glue is super strong, yet stays pliable, and you would never know that the aileron had ever been broken off! The jet still looks new & there was no need to mar up the finish with any hinge tape or fasteners. The only evidence of the repair is a few tiny white spots right inside the foam hinge, where the paint had flecked off. Coloring is different in before & after because of lighting conditions. I can assure you this is the same airplane, look at the CA glue marks where the wing meets the fuse... you'll see they are identical. If I had used Foam-Tac for the initial build, those stains wouldn't be there!

FOAM-TAC is not CA (cyanoacrylate) based. At the heart of the glue is a high quality resin that creates a permanent bond between the two surfaces. It does not have any of the negative qualities that come with using CA.

FOAM TAC:
* Won’t glue your fingers together.
* Won’t leave a white haze on the surface.
* Won‘t require kicker or accelerator.
* Won’t leave a brittle joint.
* Won’t foam up.

If anyone reading this would like to buy a bottle, I sell them on my website here: FOAM-TAC

Old 11-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile

How about some free bottles like the guy on Supercubclub is doing?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 PM
tflight

How is he doing it? how do I find the guy?

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

I AM the guy on SC.. The guy you were being nasty to.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by tflight View Post
how long does it take foam-tac to cure 100%?
FULL cure is 24 hours, but the glue is 'cured enough' after only an hour or two. You only need to hold the parts together a minute or twho though, no need to clamp them or anything.

Bill
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
tflight

ok..thanks

FULL cure is 24 hours, but the glue is 'cured enough' after only an hour or two. You only need to hold the parts together a minute or twho though, no need to clamp them or anything.

Bill
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by tflight View Post
ok..thanks
It's not intended for quick 'at the field' type repairs. It's for initial build & permanent repairs once back home
Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM
tflight

are you filadelfosrc.com?

Bill
Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile

I AM the guy on SC.. The guy you were being nasty to.
Oh, OK. How many other screen names do you have here?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Oh, OK. How many other screen names do you have here?
Here we go again??

This screen name is older than my business is, I started the company in July. My signature clearly shows www.filadelfosrc.com though.

Bill
Old 11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
tflight

you should setup your signature to state "Welcome, I am Filadelfos RC retail store. We specialize in electric RC aircraft, display models, and hobby supplies" and then a link to your web page.

this would show on every thread you answer.

see if mine works on this thread....not this thread but it works on newer threads

Here we go again??

This screen name is older than my business is, I started the company in July. My signature clearly shows www.filadelfosrc.com though.

Bill
Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
tflight

let me see if my signature works.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
tflight

did not work....try again..it works
Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
TbigD

5.49 shipping for a bottle of glue ? really ? Makes a 4.00 bottle of glue about 10.00 ...........
Old 11-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Default shipping

It is a flammable item. That means it has to ship either UPS ground or be VERY well packaged for USPS. Both of which cost more than the $2.50 it would cost to just ship 1st class. I am NOT making money off of the shipping. Most people buy 2 bottles at a time, and I get a fair amount of x4 orders, which is the cap on what I can ship for $5.49. This glue is worth the cost, you won't use anything else once you've tried it.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
rcsuperhero
rcsuperhero

Hi Im getting foam-tac from www.rcfoam.com
along with a bunch of other stuff -I recommend it to all my rcsuperhero owners that buy the Rcsuperhero kits and plans.
I noticed some people having trouble (make sure its NOT Beacon 3 in 1 glue-it can and will burn holes in your foam!) w/ the foam tac glue.Like any glue it can be used improperly-I only use this glue to laminate two SHEETS of materials together -like contact cement-use a very thin layer on both parts to be joined. Now if I need a butt joint or Huge strength in a small area I use a low temp hot glue gun (this is at least half of how I build my planes).
here is a couple videos for the fun of it!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNWbxNMHso8[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBiGpH3y6jM[/media]

Last edited by rcsuperhero; 02-22-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: adding glue tips
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 AM
neilgaede

Default Warning - beacon foam tac may melt your foam!

Here is an image of a GreatPlanes Flatout CAP 580 Elevator I glued the carbon fiber tube to. When I took off the scotch tape it pulled off the laminated graphic and you can see where the foam was melted quite a bit.

Very dissapointed as this glue is supposed to be the cat's meow for foamy construction.

Not sure what glue to use now; maybe I'll try foam safe CA like they recommend...

This is my first foamy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image00001.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	143708  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
neilgaede

Angry Beacon Foam-Tac nightmare.

Just finished assembling my elevator/horizontal stabilizer assembly for my Greatplanes Flatout CAP 580.

It is now an ugly spongy mess that is unflyable. The plastic inserts that go into the stab that act as hinges pulled out and the carbon tube that was glued to the elevators allows it to flex too much.

It did appear to glue the fuselage together ok, but we'll see once it's done.

It just keeps getting worse...
Old 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Billbo1970
RC Entrepreneur

Neil,

I don't see how this could be Beacon Foam-Tac. I have sold HUNDREDS of bottles and this is the only complaint I have heard. Also, from looking at your photos,I do not see any glue residue that looks anything like foam-tac.

If you truly did have a problem and used beacon's Foam-Tac glue, then I suggest you contact them directly to report the problem:

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Signature Crafts, 1-800-865-7238
All of Beacon's glues are proudly made in America.
BEACON ADHESIVES, Inc., 125 MacQuesten Parkway South, Mount Vernon, NY 10550, Tel: (914) 699-3405
E-mail: [email protected]

Bill

Quick Reply: Beacon Foam-Tac Glue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10473 seconds with 11 queries