PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator

Old 01-30-2007, 10:41 PM
20Q

Default PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator

Hi there. I'm new to heli's. I picked up a blade cx2 about a week ago. I just can't get over the fear of crashing this beautiful heli. So I started looking around for some sim software. The only one that I can find that was priced reasonably (around $70) is the PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator. I know there are also free ones out there like FMS, but this one claims to be specific to the Blade line.

Here're my questions:
1) Has anyone used the PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator? If so, what do you think?

2) Does anyonw know where to buy the pc cable to hookup the bcx2 tx to the computer? Or maybe plans on how to make one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Brutal E

Forget the simulator. The heli flies so stable you can master it in an afternoon. Fear of crashing you will need to get over it as everyone will crash, even pros. Try to learn how to minimize damage in a crash and get over it. Think about those people with really expensive helis who crash them, they can be out a ton of money. You can fix a CX2 for cheap. Also they are tough little helis. Scared to crash=scared to fly. You scared boy? Get out there and get your first crash under your belt! LOL.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Demo Dick
I break things

Originally Posted by 20Q View Post
Hi there. I'm new to heli's. I picked up a blade cx2 about a week ago. I just can't get over the fear of crashing this beautiful heli. So I started looking around for some sim software. The only one that I can find that was priced reasonably (around $70) is the PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator. I know there are also free ones out there like FMS, but this one claims to be specific to the Blade line.

Here're my questions:
1) Has anyone used the PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator? If so, what do you think?

2) Does anyonw know where to buy the pc cable to hookup the bcx2 tx to the computer? Or maybe plans on how to make one.

Thanks in advance.
I agree with Brutal here.

I have a cp pro & can hover somewhat decently but far from what I would say is good.

I picked up a cx in the hobby store & flew it all around the store like a pro.

Take it easy & you will be fine on the cx
Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Flyborg

20Q,
Hey, great to hear that you are getting into helis! I am also new to the hobby, I have owned a blade cp for about 3 months now and I am just getting to the point of hovering this thing. I would like to know where you found the simulator? I am taking to this hobby slowly because I travel alot and don't have much air time. A sim would be great to hone my skills while I am away. I have looked at other sims i.e. G3, and Real Flight but if I could pick up this sim for 70 bucks that would be great! I also am looking for an interface cable. I have seen many links to them and how to make them. But the ones for sale seem to be too expensive and with my scedule I don't have the time to make one. If I come by a link to a cable for sale I will post it for you they run about 40 bucks I think.

Good luck with the CX I think you will love it, but will want something bigger shortly.

Last edited by Flyborg; 02-01-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Flyborg

here is a link to a USB interface cable for sale.
http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 PM
20Q

Flyborg,

I actually found the sim on eBay while doing a search ob Blade CX2. http://cgi.ebay.com/PRE-FLIGHT-Blade...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the info on the usb interface.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Hitch

Dont waste your money on this one. I bought it, its not very realistic. You can get a feel for orientation...which sometimes is the best reason for a beginner to use a simulator, but its pretty bad. I really thought it would be better because I could use the Blade CP transmitter....but get the RealFlight or FSOne. I broke down and bought Real Flight and its well worth it.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:37 AM
Brutal E

Took me about ten minutes to teach someone to fly the CX2. A total beginner. Your money is better spent on back up parts. If you get a simulator go all out and buy a good one skip one made specifically for the CX. You will discover that you bought a simulator for a toy and it will do you no good in the long run. Also keep it under 6 feet, most of the time if you crash you will not break anything. I will keep saying it as you will know exactly what I am talking about soon enough. You do not need a simulator for a CX2. If you buy one buy it because you want to step up to something else as in collective pitch. That is something a simulator is useful for. Unless you have terrible hand eye coordination I see no use for a CX2 simulator you will outgrow it the minute you buy it.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Flyborg

I downloaded the free trial of Preflight and I hated it! FMS is much better that this and it's free.
I have never flown a cx just my blade cp I am sure the cx is much easier to learn than the cp and may not need any sim time but I fell that a sim could be a big help when trying to learn a cp machine.

Hitch, are you using the supplied controller or your transmitter with Real Flight? I want to get a sim but I don't know if I should spring for one with a controller or buy a cable and use my transmitter?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Lawn Dart
Crater Meistro

Hi 20Q!

To help get over the fear of flying a CX or CX2, get some training gear. I dunno if training gear will fit a CX, but if it does then it will definitely help you to learn how to land upright... If a helicopter comes down a little sideways, the pingpong balls will contact the ground and help bring the heli back upright before the skids finally touch down. They've been a lifesaver for me and my CP Pro!

I've got a feeling that once you strap on the training gear and get your heli into the air, most of your fears will go away.

Good luck!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Dont be scared about crashing your CX2! Mine has been through the ringer and back again! They take a lickin abnd keep on flying.

Just be prepared to repelace some blades, and the body when it gets cracked up
Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Brutal E

Tinman is right I am a pretty good pilot for a 1 year novice, but back when I started with my CP I bought a CX a month or so after it and beat the crap out of it. I am impressed by these little birds they are pretty tough. Also you can get training gear for it. Plenty of places carry it.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
20Q

You guys are absolutely right. What is the point of getting this heli if it's not going to be flown. The only way to learn will be to just put the heli on the ground, pick up the tx and learn to fly this thing.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragements.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

You guys are absolutely right. What is the point of getting this heli if it's not going to be flown. The only way to learn will be to just put the heli on the ground, pick up the tx and learn to fly this thing.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragements.
Your welcome and good luck! If you need any help let us know, Lots of people here have the CX
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Tibroc

Here're my questions:

Thanks in advance.
Hope you’re flying your cx2 right now, by next week you will be asking how to move the servo arms up a hole or 2 so you can go fasters or fly that little bird in the wind. It only takes a few packs to get flying it pretty darn good. I have put about 200 packs through mine and I can fly in a wind chime wind with it. Not say you should but if you move up the servo arms to the 3rd hole you can push the nose forward into some wind but when you turn the tail hang on it can really take off lol. Just fly it and then fly it some more and you will crash it and fix it. The more you crash the better you will get at fixing it and the fear will be gone.

steve
Old 03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Murdock1
Thumber

Brutal, you make me lol. 'You scared boy?'...that's great stuff. I remember being scared to crash. I remember when I first started (all of two weeks ago) I was sure I would never crash. How could I? I'd spent 6 weeks on a simulator afterall. Even now when I crash bad enough to need replacement parts I still kinda feel like I'm mistreating a small dog or somethin. Geez what a soft touch I am. The cool thing is the more you do it, the better you get, the more confidence you have. It's a self perpetuating thing to do. The more confidence you have the more you fly and the better you get. Etc. etc. etc. add infinitum.

Go fly...crash easy...rebuild...repeat. You'll very soon discover (especially with the CX2) that you'll be spending more and more time in the air and less time rebuilding.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Brutal E

Reminds me of gator hunting with a buddy I know. He gets a permit every year. He had shot a gator and it is lying in the water near shore. We are on a boat all standing there looking at it thinking the same thing somebody will have to get in the water and haul it up on shore as it is too big and heavy to lift it over the side of the boat. "Pee Wee get in there and get him!" My buddy yells. The smallest guy on the boat who usually gets the short end of the stick for some reason. "Hell no that thing ain't dead yet!" Pee Wee says. "Boy you scared!? You better get your ass in the water and get that gator unles you want to swim home!" He then pushed Pee Wee face first off the boat into the water. He belly flops into the nasty lake water and sure enough the second he hits the water the gator starts thrashing all over the place. Pee Wee is screaming my buddy is yelling at him "Boy you better grab that gator before he grabs you!" Man we are laughing so hard. If the gator had grabbed him we would have been no help. Nothing to do with helicopters but that attitude of not worrying about the outcome does apply to helicopters. I still crash, so do the pros who cares. I am getting to be a great mechanic and parts for my helis are not terribly expensive so alls good.

PS. I love a good crash. Something about it gets to me. Sure I am a little bummed about what happened. Yet I hear the theme to The Six Million Dollar Man playing in my head. "We can rebuild him." Something very visceral about a good crash. Makes you pay closer attention next time also.

Last edited by Brutal E; 03-24-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 PM
20Q

Tibroc, I have been flying. I have also move the servo arms out. Installed a boom kit and super skid from boomtown hobbies. Great kit. The lighter tail makes for better tracking into wind for outdoor flying.

Brutal, great story. Thanks for the boot in the a**. Gotta admit it your comment got me to thinking " the heck with...just fly.."
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Murdock1
Thumber

Brutal that's so damn true. Before my first crash I thought even my simple little Pro was a thing of great mystery and magic and I would never be able to work on it myself. I've never in my life done anything even remotely similar to this hobby. I do not build or tinker with small things. Houses yes, helicopters no. But you realize very quickly (and by quickly I mean within about 10 seconds of your first crash) that if you're going to fly the thing you're gonna learn how to take it apart and put it back together. And ya know the cool thing that happens...the mystery and magic disolve away and you now understand that it's simply an assembly of parts. I now know I could build a Pro from a pile of parts and make it fly just fine. I also know that the Trex in my future is no big mystery either. Now programming the DX7 to make it work like a dream might be a bit different, but only for awhile.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 PM
bart44

Exclamation question on wind

Hey pplz i got an e-flight cx2 and i added the training gear just to give it some weigth, so i was wondering if i could fly this thing in alittle bit of wind and do i have to weight till it perfectly clam out side to fly it.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Hi Bart,

The CX2 won't take much wind at all. I flowin mine outside several times. Just becarful you dont get it up to high, the wind will take it away.

Keep it low untill you figure out what wind you and the copter can handle. I reccomend flying in the evening when the wind is really calm.

good luck
Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 AM
shredder777

I was afraid to crash my neet little cp pro, then I hit a pole at my friends backyard because f wind and I have never experience a gust controlling my heli!

The fear of crashing went away and I just replaced my blades and jumped back on the horse.

Like everyone said, "It Will Happen" Just fix it and fly.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
bart44

Exclamation questionable thing happened

I noticed as i was flying my e-flite cx2 with the training gear i lost controle and striaghtened it out by moving the tthumb stick left then right. it then came down with the lower rudder wings broken off the shaft and the upper runders with cuts in them, this has only happened now, but with out the training gear before it didn't happen.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Frodo

Any fast move can cause the blades to clash together. I have done this and I have never used training gear.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
bart44

thanks i'll keep that in mind

Quick Reply: PRE-FLIGHT Blade CP/CP Pro/CX2/CX Edition Simulator

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17481 seconds with 12 queries