Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Help My Heli Is Broken And i havent used it yet !

Old 12-29-2011, 02:33 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Payne, I never trust what the ads for these helis state for channels. Heck, they sometimes consider up-down-turn left-turn right as 4 channels! I had the chance to fly a $20 3 channel that was like this without the fans. It actually worked pretty well, but I still found it harder to fly than my MSR, as to avoid anything, you had to use the yaw to turn away from an obstacle, then push the 'cyclic' to move away. With a regular 4ch, you just move the cyclic where you want to go.

Still-cyco, if you're serious about getting into the hobby, or at least want a heli that you're not battling to control, one like Payne showed will be way more fun. It just takes a little time to learn the basics, but no more than the cheap mall heli's. Soon you'll be flying the tunnle between the coffee table and the couch, chasing the dog/cat, etc.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 AM
earthsciteach

Things to check:
1. Pull off the connecting rods (the two pieces that connect the balance bar which is the topmost rotating thingy with the weights). If the balance bar falls off, then you need to replace the piece at the top.

2. Check the gears on the motor shafts. They are notorious for stripping. I doubt this would cause what you are experiencing, but you never know...

3. Even with cracked blades, it shouldn't fly off the the right as it is doing. It would simply vibrate insanely.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Still-Cyco

ok so......it only came with two bades spare.....one blade for the top, and one for the bottom, so i'v replaced the one with the biggest indent/crack/deep scratch on the upper blades....and it seems to have made a difference....
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

All right! Some progress! Hopefully it's good enough for now. Now for the next problem with the not-hobby-quality helis..... parts. Hopefully if this is indeed the fix, you can order replacement blades.

Well, it is late over there, so good night. And good luck. Hopefully you'll keep flying and stay with us. Your experience will help someone else one day.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Still-Cyco

well...the blades havnt worked .....i got it in the air for 3 seconds before it started zipping off again ! ..... im just gonna bin it...take the blades off and stick it in the bin i guess any suggstions on a heli ? my mother payed 79.99 pounds for this....n it dont work....down side is.....we dont have the recipt because it was bought along time ago...cant wait to finnally be able to get a heli that works and get it in the air !

obviously im gonna stay here

need some god pilot training ! haha
Old 12-29-2011, 03:06 AM
earthsciteach

Only advice I have is, its fixable! Just have to figure out what the problem is!
Don't toss it!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 AM
payne9999
That's gonna leave a mark

Originally Posted by Still-Cyco View Post
well...the blades havnt worked .....i got it in the air for 3 seconds before it started zipping off again ! ..... im just gonna bin it...take the blades off and stick it in the bin i guess any suggstions on a heli ? my mother payed 79.99 pounds for this....n it dont work....down side is.....we dont have the recipt because it was bought along time ago...cant wait to finnally be able to get a heli that works and get it in the air !

obviously im gonna stay here

need some god pilot training ! haha
Go with the Blade McX2 and when you feel real comfortable with it and if you really enjoy flying micro-helis, graduate to the MsrX.

Dave
Old 12-29-2011, 06:04 AM
FlyingBrick50
FlyingBrick50

Cool OK

Originally Posted by Still-Cyco View Post
my heli is broken my first one too !

bassically my problem is.....

every time i try and take off....its tilts and its totally uncontrolable !

can this be fixed or is it totally screwed ?

Still-Cyco
Really, Hmmmm your first
Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Still-Cyco

thanks for the help again guys, im gonna buy the mcx2
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

I moved the thread to the beginner heli forum