Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
ThisIsYourKaptainSpeaking

Friends: (0)
Default Aerial Photography UAV

This is a bit of an interesting project. My dad is a serious photography enthusiast, and has recently bought a new DSLR, a Nikon D850, and we decided to collaborate on a project that would utilize skills we have learned from both of our hobbies, an aerial photography UAV! Unfortunately, I have never taken on such an audacious build, since I only am an eleven year old, having only two years of RC experience. The D850 is quite a heavy camera, and I do not think a simple quadcopter could lift that much weight off the ground.
Here are the criteria for the final design.
1. Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds of weight. (Batteries, stabilization, camera, etc.)
2. Must be able to maintain a stable, level hover for shooting stills.
3. VERY IMPORTANT!! Must be able to safely land itself and the payload even after losing power to a motor.
4. VERY IMPORTANT!! Must have a structure that will protect the camera even after a rough landing.
5. VERY IMPORTANT!! Must be able to safely carry the camera, without dropping it.
Thanks guys!!
Old 05-13-2018, 04:37 AM   #2
Panther
Super Contributor

View Panther's Gallery10
Club: Lockyer Valley Aeromodellers can be found on Facebook.
Friends: (2)

Didn't I see this same post on RCGroups?
I would suggest that to meet all those criteria a sensible move would be to buy a commercial drone designed for the job, however there is no guarantee that any drone can protect a camera if an incident occurs. It's called risk management.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV