Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Keithhs
Building toys since 1941

Every thing that Mike says is right on. The part about the heat shield is very important. If you touch the fuselage with the hot iron you won't have to worry about getting the receiver out, it will be laying on the bench. It might help if you put some soldering past on the bare wire befor you try to tin it. Be sure to use a NON CORRISIVE flux that is made for electronics soldering. One of the handiest things you can have to use on a job like that is a couple of pair of about 4 inch needle nose pliers and a pair if diagonal cutters the same size. Get the best ones you can afford. They will work better. To strip the little wire I grip it about 1/4 inch from the end, squeeze lightly with the diagonal pliers and pull. If the insulation comes off on the first try you were probably gripping it to tight and most likely some or all of the wire will come off with the insulation. If you are gripping it with the right pressure the insulation will generall come of on the third or fourth pull without breaking any wire.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:22 AM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Talking Broken Shaft / Replacement Shaft

I don't have the Cessna yet but... I've seen lots of them at indoor flys.

About the Cessna shaft problem.

I have fixed other shafts with carbon fiber rods. I had a friend tell me that Axi motors use carbon shafts. I recently fixed an eFlite 250 brushless motor this way since you can't get a replacement shaft for it. Though there is a slight wobble in the outside housing, from the crash or an oval rod, I've been flying my plane with a carbon shaft ever since.

Get a rod near the correct size. I lightly sand it using a Dremel; put the rod in the Dremel. If it's loose a drop of CA fixes that. I put some CA on the end that had the 'C' clip on it and/or leave the rod large during sanding. Be careful not to tighten setscrews too tight on the rod since it will crush.

Cutting carbon fiber rods. Xuron has a new set of pliers made to cut rods. I use a hobby knife and roll the rod back and forth then snap it, then a light sanding. You can cut it with a Dremel but that gets really dusty and I don't think that is good on your lungs.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:01 AM
bjacobs00

I've had a few chances to fly mine outside. I noticed that the range isn't all that far. I think maybe only 150' or so. Anyone else get better range?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:04 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

Originally Posted by bjacobs00 View Post
I've had a few chances to fly mine outside. I noticed that the range isn't all that far. I think maybe only 150' or so. Anyone else get better range?
My son flew his that he just got for Christmas the other day, and as far as I could tell, the range was about 150' or so for his also.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
wattflyer6161

Hi, I am thinking of buying one of these. However, I would like to know how long the motor and battery last before buring out, and how much the replacements cost.

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

I lost one to a thermal whiletesting the range (quite long range, where I live), and it had over 20 hours of air time when it went away. None of the batteries have gone bad. The motor's gearbox may enjoy a spot of light oil or preferablt dry lube (oil just attracts grit).

Replacement parts vary, but batteries are ~$7, motor/gearboxs are ~$12 - $18, radio/servo bricks are ~$2 - $60.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
JIMFRISKY
JIMFRISKY

Lost 210 To Plam Tree In Front Of Home In Simi Was Checking Ever Coupe Min. And It Just Disapeared? Got Another One Loads Of Fun.we Have Came A Long Way Sence Rubber Band Escapements. Lol .looking Forward To A Line Of War Birds Endless Possibilitys With That Little Brick.jim In Simi
Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
mustangpilot

Here is my little jewel on skis, yes she flies well with them on. I have packing tape on the bottom of the skis so it would slide on concrete.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3531.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	50858  
Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Redbeard

My idea of a 210, or should I say 310

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28892579&hl=en[/GVIDEO]

Build thread and more video here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793362

Name:	310-23.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	51422  
Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Hotch

That is a friggin' awsome mod! Looks like it's a real nice flyer too.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
mustangpilot

Very, Very NICE!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Redbeard, yours should get posted in the Minium conversions thread at RCG. This one is a cool mod as well (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798163), but I really like your twin.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
gfl

Still here Mr. Taylor?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 PM
RacerPaul
No doors or fenders!

Very nice 310! Songbird?

Paul
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Unhappy ?

Originally Posted by gfl View Post
Still here Mr. Taylor?
I subscribe to this thread for discussion of a airplane I'm interested in and get this interesting information
Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
gfl

I aplogize. I saw that Mike Taylor was logged on and recognized him from reading many of his postings. I posted this on RCG as well. Trying to rebuild the elevator without removing the rudder. Will a stryofoam plate type material work tracing the orginal onto the plate or will it be too thick? Also, what should I use for hinges?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Hi. I pop in and out; didn't see the query. Sorry if you feel cheated, gohmer...

The foam plate should work OK, but there are a bunch of other (free) sources and one has to be a decent size. Take-away hamburger styro boxes are a lot thinner than foam plates and IIRC are about the same thickness as the Cessna's surfaces. Our local sushi bar's take-out trays are also a better thickness.

The easiest hinging material for this type of stuff is Blenderm or Micropor tape. It is a medical type, thin, flexible, fiberous, and very sticky. In fact, it sticks better than most other tapes, and the fibers keep it from breaking down like Scotch-brand stuff.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
gfl

No disrespect was intended to gohmer or any other forum readers. I appreciate the answer. Would you think placing the tape on the bottom or the top (or possibly even both) of the elevator would be better?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

I usually tape the top. The opposite side needs to be beveled to allow movement away from the hinge, and the groove would look worse on the top rather than the tape...
Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Here's a picture of it in flight It was only 15 ft from me .When it would get outta range at 50' the pilot Minnisteve ,would run after it.

Name:	Flying on Dec22 07 005.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	51682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying on Dec22 07 014.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	51683  
Old 01-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Range should be much better than 50'. Just guessing, but perhaps MinniSteve was pointing the antenna at the airplane? The antenna should be point up so the airplane sees the side of the antenna, not the end of it. Think of it as a flourescent light bulb - you see a lot more light looking at the side of the light compared to looking at it end-on...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:26 AM
gfl

Mr. Taylor - Thank you for the elevator advice. I rebuilt it using a styrofoam plate since thats the only thing I could find. Was initially a little tail heavy. Remedied this with a Thill (yellow) light on the front and red / green on the wings. Flies as good as new. Actually, for whatever reason, I achieved inverted flight across my court. First done by mistake putting the plane into a dive for too long to try multiple loops. Was able to replicate inverted flight several times. Prior to rebuilding the elevator, I had never seen this, only heard about it on other posts. Thank you again.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Sunfm

Default my plane is brutal

ok so heres the story

i order my plane , a friend of mine wants one to so ok we order at the same time to spilt shipping n stuff what ever no problem
they finnaly arive today
my friend opens his breaks the wing trying to get it out BRUTAL
I get mine out np start the battery charging
another friend of mine has one already and i borrow his battery and fly mine around for a while SOO SWEET such a nice plane to fly SOO much fun
so my friend (first friend) glues his wing with regular CA cuase hes a moron and it started to eat his wing abit no problem flies around crashes it no promblems
Im still flying mine my (second friend) flies too and no problem
fly around but it gets dark pretty quick so no problem pack up go home and put the battery on charge before i left for home get home un pack
battery is almost done so
then its done turn on the TX turn on the plane and this is what happend
beep,
prop turns for a second
beep and red light
beep and red light
beep and red light
for ever
ok no problem ill try the "bonding thing" try it ok np
nothing works
tried EVERYTHING every possible thing
even have diffent batteries and i mesured the voltage on my bat 4.18 or 16 V i have 3 battery
ok so call up my buddies we go down to the place where we fly ( its a black top tennis court lighted) its now like 8 30
ok so i think my battery might be screwed anyways so i plug it into my friends plane and it goes
OK
so i try bonding my controller to all 3 of my buddies's planes not a problem works every time
try 2 of my buddies TX to bond to my plane NO GO
try all kinds of stupid ways NO GO
NO GO
nothings working still
beep and red light
beep and red light
beep and red light for ever
gettin pretty pissed
so i cut open the plane along one side and see whats up nothing
wiggle stuff around
nothing
nothing
SO
thats my situation as of now
So im gunna call parkzone in the morning and see what they think
but im pretty choked

if u guys have heard of this before or what ever please post
and iv tired EVERYTHING its beeping stupid
like it just screwed its self on the ride home or somthing ....???

Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Everyone I flew the one that minnisteve had in chino, if your not used to them, they can be a handfull as I found out they were surprised that I made it hang on the prop I was not trying to do that, just trying to keep it from crashing after I got used to it a little, it was fun, Take care, Chellie
Old 01-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Default On my second one now

I finally destroyed mine by accidentally plugging in the battery backwards. Got a new one yesterday from rcsuperstore.com Best deal I found and he has all the colors in stock.

Now I have two chargers and some other spare parts

Quick Reply: Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.19338 seconds with 16 queries