Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 AM
jecchile

Originally Posted by RickTheRaven View Post
Does it use the same battery and transmitter as the 210?
YES IT DOES... BUT... there is no way to buy just the airplane. It comes bundled with the transmitter and 1 battery, just like the Cessna... I asked at the LHS because I wanted to buy one and use both planes with one transmitter... anyway, the answer was NO so I didn't buy it... as it is, I already have 3 transmitters and really don't need anymore.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Redbeard

Yes, the 210, Citabria and Ember are all compatible with each other.

Kyosho sells just the planes, but they don't appear to be available in the US.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile Transmitter

The problem with using one transmitter for more than one of these airplanes is you have to re bind it every time you switch airplanes and also change the trim settings. Seems like a lot of trouble to me when the complete package is so inexpensive.

Originally Posted by jecchile View Post
YES IT DOES... BUT... there is no way to buy just the airplane. It comes bundled with the transmitter and 1 battery, just like
the Cessna... I asked at the LHS because I wanted to buy one and use both planes with one transmitter... anyway, the answer was NO so I didn't buy it... as it is, I already have 3 transmitters and really don't need anymore.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Redbeard

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
The problem with using one transmitter for more than one of these airplanes is you have to re bind it every time you switch airplanes and also change the trim settings.
Sorry, but that's not correct. Each reciever binds to the transmitter, so there is no rebinding needed once initially done. I run all my planes off the same transmitter. Just turn on the transmitter, plug in a plane and go!

When each plane is set up for zero trim, the trim settings are seldom needed.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
Sorry, but that's not correct. Each reciever binds to the transmitter, so there is no rebinding needed once initially done. I run all my planes off the same transmitter. Just turn on the transmitter, plug in a plane and go!

When each plane is set up for zero trim, the trim settings are seldom needed.
If this is correct, then I would hope ParkZone would soon offer the aircraft without the TX; would make a lot of sense. Heck, they would probably get quite a few sales of airplanes that they would not normally get as it is now.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Redbeard

Unfortunately, only Kyosho has seen the light and sells the planes separately. Parkzone continues to only sell complete packages here in the US.

I agree, Parkzone is 'missing the boat' on this one and probably a lot of sales too.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
Unfortunately, only Kyosho has seen the light and sells the planes separately. Parkzone continues to only sell complete packages here in the US.

I agree, Parkzone is 'missing the boat' on this one and probably a lot of sales too.
That is quite incorrect. There are many sources of the plane and components with the 'ParkZone' branding available in the U.S. Most dealers have the spare parts in stock.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Redbeard

Sorry Mike, I meant to say Parkzone doesn't sell the plane it'self alone and assembled like Kyosho does. They only sell the complete package with tranmitter and charger or they selll separate parts that you would then need to assemble yourself. If you know of a Parkzone source selling the assembled plane as a separate item, please let us know.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 PM
jecchile

Originally Posted by Mike_Taylor View Post
That is quite incorrect. There are many sources of the plane and components with the 'ParkZone' branding available in the U.S. Most dealers have the spare parts in stock.
You can buy parts for the Citabria here:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...itabria_parts/

The plane would end up costing $90.50 plus shipping and handling... and includes no battery , charger or Tx...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Blak16

I lost mine to the wind...Flying in about 13 m.p.h. winds by mistake. How? I step out and saw no wind, felt no wind...Let 'er rip, 3, 2, 1...WOOSH!!! My neighbor's house was blocking the wind from me. It really didn't help that the right rudder function stopped working. She flew backwards for 1/4 mile and is a new resident in the trees of the apartment complex down the road. I have a few more search and rescue's planned for tomorrow, so, I'll let everyone know if she pulls through...
Old 03-06-2008, 04:17 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Flew my Cessna210 today out front of my house.....2 very short hops. While the winds seemed very light to non-existent, there were stronger winds at 10-15 feet up. It always amazes me how the winds can be so different in such small layers of atmosphere. Anyway, I was able to get her down with no incident whatsoever. Was just glad to have a few moments of flying.

Can't wait for warmer evenings when the winds die down at sunset......
Old 03-06-2008, 04:31 AM
RickTheRaven

Default What's the Dif?

I bought a 210, but as a beginner it is too much to handle flying in a gym. I also looked at the Citabria and the new Ember, all from ParkZone. Except for cosmetics, they all seem to be identical. Am I missing something?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
jecchile

Originally Posted by RickTheRaven View Post
I bought a 210, but as a beginner it is too much to handle flying in a gym. I also looked at the Citabria and the new Ember, all from ParkZone. Except for cosmetics, they all seem to be identical. Am I missing something?
NO, you are not missing anything... the 3 airplanes use the same technology to operate - the differences are only cosmetics.

Actually, if you are that much of a beginner, perhaps you should have started with the Ember since it is the slowest of the 3 with the Citabria being #2 and the Cessna the fastest due to its wing - it will slow down but not as much as the other 2... they all fly great indoors and you do not need a huge gym to do it in. You'll get it eventually and the good news is that the little planes can take a lot of abuse (to a certain point).
Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Default Just want to make sure this is normal......?

Does anyone else's prop appear to wobble? If I hold the plane and look at it from the side, I notice as I turn the prop by hand the shaft has a slight wobble in it. Is this from the build in down/right thrust angle, or does it sound bent? It flies fine, same as it has out of the box.

If it IS bent, how much of a chore will it be to repair/replace?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Redbeard

It's not uncommon for the spinner to be glued on crooked making the prop appear to wobble. The shaft however should not.

If you unscrew the prop and remove it does the shaft still wobble? If so you can generally fix it with some gentle nudging with a pair of pliers.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:04 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Yeah I can see how the shaft moves "up and down" as I look at it from the side. Not sure if it is because of the angle and the relation to the front of the plane's fuse. I'll try and look at one tonight when I go flying at the gym. If it's the same, I won't worry. If not, well, then I guess I will punt.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Keithhs
Building toys since 1941

All good advice from Redbeard.

If you do try to straighten it don't be surprised if you find that you can not get it perfect. The angle that the motor sets would have nothing to do with whether the shaft appears to wobble or not. If you think it would help, cover the fuselage of the plane with a sheet of paper to where all you see is the shaft then tilt the plane till the shaft is level. If the shaft is bent there will probably be more vibration at high speed than if it was straight.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Keithhs
Building toys since 1941

Default Not trying to hijack this thread

I am Not trying to hijack this thread. but, Redbeard I was wondering if you were going to MIFF in Kansas City. It is probably about the same distance for you as for me, but from opposite directions. (145 miles + -). Anybody else?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Redbeard

Humm, hadn't heard about this one. I'll have to take a look and see.

P.S. You win, it's 202 miles for me
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile Deliberate OT

Originally Posted by Keithhs View Post
I am Not trying to hijack this thread. but, Redbeard I was wondering if you were going to MIFF in Kansas City. It is probably about the same distance for you as for me, but from opposite directions. (145 miles + -). Anybody else?
I'm not going
Try pm if you don't want to annoy people subscribed to this.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
AeroChamp

Default Nice Cessena

Do we have some kind of sketches or plans for trainer cessena plane

thanks in advance
Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 PM
jstancel
Rookie

After reading the experiences/reviews on this board I went to my local hobby town to upgrade to a better plane than my Air Hog planes. With the guidance of the store employee and the information I gained from the site. I bought the Parkzone Cessna.

Before the Air Hogs planes my R/C experience has been with electric and nitro off-road trucks. So having to sink money into these things when I break them is a reality that I have accepted years ago. So far I have had no problems with this plane. It takes a pretty good beating. It has been flown by me and several of my friends (one of them had never used any kind of R/C vehicle) and it is still in one piece. It has made it through countless hard landings on asphalt and several trips into trees. I cannot be happier with it's build quality and performance.

The only problem I have run into with the plane is it losing signal mid flight. I am guessing it is due to the interference from the location I am flying. I was flying in the Turner Field (Braves Stadium) parking lot and about 30 feet out in a particular side of the parking lot it will lose signal but if I turn around and fly on the other side of the parking lot it does not have a problem. Other than that I have had no incidents.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

jstancel,

Welcome to Wattflyer! This is a great place to hang out and talk 'lectriks!

Great lil plane you got there! I love mine.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Redbeard

Originally Posted by jstancel View Post
The only problem I have run into with the plane is it losing signal mid flight. I am guessing it is due to the interference from the location I am flying. I was flying in the Turner Field (Braves Stadium) parking lot and about 30 feet out in a particular side of the parking lot it will lose signal but if I turn around and fly on the other side of the parking lot it does not have a problem. Other than that I have had no incidents.
Jstancel,

The general consensus with this issue is the plane does not like to be flown in a wide open area. Those that do, seem to experience signal loss the most. It is believed that indoors or in a crowded suburban area the signal has a chance to reflect off of other surfaces and thus provide a better lock on the plane. Others have also reported that changing the antenna inside to exit straight out of the top of the plane has helped. Parkzone now seems to be shipping the citabria with the antenna bent into an "L" shape. Your mileage may very.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Originally Posted by jstancel View Post
<snip>

It is a great model. I do not agree that wide open spaces are the problem. I fly out of my yard, over orchards and lots of open space. My 'loss of signal' only occurs beyond 250' range near one phone/power pole with a large transformer mounted on it. Keeping the TX antenna pointed straight up helps improve the range; point the antenna AT the model reduces it.

Yours is an interesting observation. Some people have seem cell phones, both use of and flying near repeaters, and satelite dishes that may be causing problems. Is there any transformer or cell phone repeater in the area where you get the interference? If you can identify what is in the 'dead area', it might help others with range issues.

Quick Reply: Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11779 seconds with 11 queries