E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli

Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
bassplayinDude

Brought my mCX to work this morning, stuck a "Good Morning!" note on the front skids and buzzed my coworkers. They got a kick out of it! One of them said, "Is someone using an electric shaver?" just before I flew over the cube wall. Boy was he surprised!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

sweet! I can't wait till I can get mine
Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default Bind N Fly

The BNF's have yet to hit the store shelves.

I've been told that the transmitter for the Vapor will bind to the Blade MCX. It would be nice to not have another Tx laying around.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 PM
rcproptester
We the People...

Hodges had a few BnFs, but I had to let mine go b/c someone else wanted it more than me. I got a RTF one, and I actually think I like that one better. Now I can take the MCX with me without having to carry my expensive 9303 around to fly it. Now I think it will make the trip to St Paul with me in a couple weeks....
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Goanna

I got mine last weekend. Man it's a fun little heli.

I have a CX2 and I fly it well but it's still too big to really be able to fly it around inside, unless you have really big rooms, which I dont, lol.

I also have the small Walkera 5G6 and that flew just as well, but the differance is the walkera burnt out one of its motors within 3-4 flights, and the blade is like 20 flights in so far (including some crashes), and it's still going strong.

I also took it to work and had some fun with the high ceilings and drop down light fixtures, lol. Office/work environments provide some nice obstacle courses, lol.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 AM
wattman

What a outstanding , great little , easy to fly helicopter .
Even I can fly this , anywhere , on a recent road trip , motel room flying and landings are great , small rooms at home are great , this is a go anywhere , fly for fun machine .
I fly it so much , being retired , I am afraid that I will wear it out too soon .
I could not be more pleased , what a great product for the investment .

3 batterys for the mCX now , rapid AA recharge batts and a one hour charger for the AA's , for the flight battery charger , also useing my Vapor charger , waiting for the motors to cool off , is my only pause from flying .
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I took mine on the recent trip to the mountains with my wife. It was a blast flying in the high ceilings of the cabin we were in...I also was able to land on the ceiling fan, but due to the tilt of the blades, it wouldn't stay there..
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default YES It Works w/Other Transmitters

I just heard back from Horizon and they say the Vapor controller works with the mCX. So the rumors are true that the other controller will work with the little heli as well.

I flew a friends mCX and... well I fly the bigger heli's and a coaxial is REALLY stable. I wish the mCX would move a bit faster.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

btw.. I did find out that you CAN make the 2 blades hit each other. It is harder than with other co-axial helis though....
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by rcproptester View Post
btw.. I did find out that you CAN make the 2 blades hit each other. It is harder than with other co-axial helis though....
Yea, if I go full left rudder and full forward & right cyclic I can take my mCX out of the sky. After proving this was repeatable on my bird, I stopped doing it.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
rcproptester
We the People...

Me too
Old 10-22-2008, 02:14 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

Has anyone bought an extra battery for their MCx? I purchased an extra one, and it didn't fit in the charger right. i called horizon about it, and they sent me a new battery. I just tried that one, and it doesn't fit either. I disassembled the charger, and found that the charger will engage the connector on the battery by rocking the battery forward and pushing down. However, the way the charger is set up, you cannot rock the battery forward to connect it.
I ended up modifying my charger to allow the batteries to connect without sliding it down the slot.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 AM
RyuuChi

i bought 8 and they all fit... that's odd that you're getting some that don't...
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I thought I read somewhere that others were having problems fitting batteries too. I just can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 PM
dilipc

I bought 7 (three by mistake online!). So far, three have arrived and they all fit like a shot!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
bassplayinDude

I bought 3 more and they all fit in the charger better than the one that came with the mCX.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:54 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Build Review Charger

I've had trouble with the charger that came with my Vapor, the same charger as the mCX.

It's such a small connector and I found that the part on the battery will get out of alignment which can be fixed with a little glue between the battery and connector. Try not to get the glue in the connector holes that plug into the charger.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Wink Delicate...

The mCX is pretty fragile. The canopy is thinner than paper. You guys that have big hands be really careful working on this heli.

I plan on getting one of these later this year or early next year. Money is just too tight rignt now and I have plenty of other planes & helis to mess with through the winter months, though it would be nice to have good indoor flier.

I still wish the mCX was a bit faster. I've flown my brother-in-law's Xmas present, I had to test it out to make sure it was good. Then I've flown my friends mCX a few times as well.

So this winter I finish some of my kits and repair/modify others and dream of the mCX.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Laszlo

Originally Posted by caltrop View Post
The mCX is pretty fragile. The canopy is thinner than paper. You guys that have big hands be really careful working on this heli.

I plan on getting one of these later this year or early next year. Money is just too tight rignt now and I have plenty of other planes & helis to mess with through the winter months, though it would be nice to have good indoor flier.

I still wish the mCX was a bit faster. I've flown my brother-in-law's Xmas present, I had to test it out to make sure it was good. Then I've flown my friends mCX a few times as well.

So this winter I finish some of my kits and repair/modify others and dream of the mCX.
My sentiments exactly. My Blade 400 is under repair/upgrade on my workbench. I have recently taken a brake from my RealFlight G4 to do a little real flying of my two BCX2s - indoors. Both need adjustments. With the way the economy is I have plenty of tinkering during the winter months. No mCX for me this Xmas.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
carhop
Carl

Default Installing battery

I found pluging in the battery before installing it makes it a lot easier on the MCX . Then after the light stops blinking put it in.
Carl
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Build Review More Speed From The mCX

I got more forward speed out of an mCX. You can not use the stock transmitter for this, you need a DX7 or something similar.

First turn the right pushrod six full turns clockwise. This shortens the length.

Next adjust the transmitter:
SUBTRIM
---ELEV UP 55
TRAVEL
---THRO H100% L100%
---AILE L70% R70%
---ELEV D150% U70% this is what gives it twice the forward speed
---RUDD L80% R80%

Toning down some of the controls keeps the mCX from self crashing due to too fast of a control change.

After these changes you can go too fast in turns and slide into walls and stuff.

Have fun crashing
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
e-gull

The body is thin, but it bends a little giving and not brakeing. I have heard of people brakeing parts, but usually it takes some bad abuse to do that or leaveing the power on in a crash so the blades finally brake the ball connector off. I have crashed 4 to 5 feet onto a cement floor several times and run into a shelving unit, steel pole, and hanging wires with no damage at all. I turn my power off as soon as I can. Got use to that flying electric planes so in a nose over or crash the ESC doesn't burn out or prop brake.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by e-gull View Post
The body is thin, but it bends a little giving and not brakeing. I have heard of people brakeing parts, but usually it takes some bad abuse to do that or leaveing the power on in a crash so the blades finally brake the ball connector off. I have crashed 4 to 5 feet onto a cement floor several times and run into a shelving unit, steel pole, and hanging wires with no damage at all. I turn my power off as soon as I can. Got use to that flying electric planes so in a nose over or crash the ESC doesn't burn out or prop brake.
I broke the rotor head on my mCX in what I consider a freak accident as the rotors and flybar got caught against the wall in a one-in-a-million combination that instantly caused the head to snap. I've cracked the canopy but I'm in no rush to replace it as it so far doesn't affect flyability.

Other than the broken rotor head, my mCX has handled crashes admirably. In fact, it is its ability to handle crashes so well that lets me allow myself to go well beyond my comfort zone.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Leadchucker
Curmudgeon

All this talk about the little mcx being fraglie confounds me a bit. I pretty much beat the snot out of mine running it around the house and up and down stairs and it just keeps going. Only piece that has got broken so far is the flybar, and that got stepped on by another house occupant. Not many flybars will take a direct shot from a 110 lb female girl lady woman wife type person. Another easy solution for more forward is to hot glue a 6-32 brass nut to the inside nose of the canopy.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Default DX6i & the mCx

I'm working on the radio settings for the DX6i. I should have them done today some time.

Quick Reply: Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12134 seconds with 13 queries