E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli

Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
halzzh

Thanks, Rabbitcreekok. I've found this site very helpful for troubleshooting and ideas on
what to buy next. I've been flying planes and a CX2 for a short time. It's just as addicting
as I was told at the beginning.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Toddy86

Hi there, does anyone have any ideas for interesting obstacle courses or are there some tricks that I can learn on the MCX?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:25 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I try to land mine on the ceiling fan....

while it is off of course!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:30 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rcproptester View Post
I try to land mine on the ceiling fan....

while it is off of course!
Have you succeeded? I've had it up there, but the turbulence in the close-quarters makes it challenging. And, the angle of the blades makes me wonder how well it would sit.....but I like that we both think the same....

At my work, in the front waiting area, we have 2 "rafters" that are actually light tubes. I fly over them; it's kinda tight, but it was fun to do. Just don't wanna land on them. Be a PITA to get them out from up there.....
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I have landed on a fan that was hanging from an extended shaft. I have not been able to land on the close mounted ones yet.
If you do manage to land on the blades, it won't stay there too long due to the angle of the blades..
Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I like to go outside in a slight breeze and hold mine at about a 45 deg angle and let it fly into and climb in the breeze. then the breeze returns it to me to start over again
Old 01-06-2009, 02:36 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

I have landed on a fan that was hanging from an extended shaft. I have not been able to land on the close mounted ones yet.
If you do manage to land on the blades, it won't stay there too long due to the angle of the blades..
The ceiling fan in our living room is on a 3 foot shaft; I will have to work harder at trying. And then goose it after it falls off......
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by halzzh View Post
After reading all the positive comments on the mCX I had to go buy one this morning. It's
raining and I was going into "no flying withdrawals". It's excellent, no complaints except
the battery is really difficult to remove from the charger. Also, I would have gladly paid
an extra 2 bucks to have an AC adapter for the charger. It flies great and I would
recommend it to anyone regardless of flying experience.
The batteries seem to get easier to remove over time. Either that, or I'm building up my kung-fu battery grip.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
caskydog
skydog

Default Kitchener - London:

Hi Lazlo:
That little bird shure does flie nice Eh. I also have a Blade 400 and am flying it pretty good after six months. It really helps if you put in a 401 gyro and makes it a lot easier and then if you are crashing and often have to change the servo gears that is a nuissance so I upgraded to Hitec 65 mg that is with metal gears and they are only 65,00 each at Big Boys in Missassauga. Check out my website at -
http://www.skydogsports.com/r-c-airc...elicopters.htm

and my YouTube videos at -
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...og&view=videos

Let's fly together sometime.

Bob (519) 453-9961
[email protected]

Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Finally - another bird will able to fly. I have two BCX2's - love them both! But I have a hell of a time with my Blade 400. Nothing but crash...crash...crashhhh..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 PM
halzzh

That mCX is excellent indoors on rainy days. Tried it outside once, hit the side of the house. Enough of that. I also have a cx2, also very good. I'm still debating between the Blade 400 and T-Rex for my next heli. The Blade is cheaper, even after upgrades, I think. But the general opinion is that the T-Rex flies better, so it may be better to buy that and skip the Blade 400.
Maybe if I find a sack of cash............
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 AM
caskydog
skydog

Default Blade or Trex 450

OK, I bought my son's Blade 400 and he bought a Trex 450 as a better heli for him. After I did the proper upgrades I had only one hundred dollars less that I could have had the Trex for so I wish that I had bought the Trex to start with because it has all of the metal parts and also it it much easier to work on as the body sides are fiberglass or carbon fibre and the Blade body is plastic and so it has to be thicker making the space between the sides narrower mainking it harder to work on and locate the ESC and receiver. In my opinion the Trex is a much better buy in the end. I call my Blade 400 a B-Rex because it has most of the upgrades. I think that it flies just as well but can't be quite as snappy because the head can't move quite as far for more colletive motion so the Blade can have 10 degrees pitch and the Trex can have 12 degrees pitch on the blades.
Hope this helps.

Bob Grant - Lndon, Canada
Old 01-09-2009, 01:56 AM
caskydog
skydog

Default Kevin How To:

Hi Kevin.
How do I get a photo like you have and how do I get my signature to show in all my posts?

Bob Grant
Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 AM
halzzh

Thanks, Caskydog. Your info was very helpful. I wasn't aware that the
T-Rex was easier to work on. I'm anticipating doing a lot of repairs as I learn
to fly a "real" heli. Sounds like a good example of getting what you pay for.
Wish I hadn't passed up the chance to buy a T-Rex v2, complete except for
receiver for $500. It seemed to have all the good parts and had never
been flown. Oh well.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by caskydog View Post
Hi Kevin.
How do I get a photo like you have and how do I get my signature to show in all my posts?

Bob Grant
Bob,

Go into your Control Panel (Click the "MY WATTFLYER" link) and there are links to upload an avatar and links to edit your settings to add a signiture.

Also, folks, let's remember this thread is for the Blade mCX Heli.....please refrain from the extensive discussions on the Blade 400 and T-Rex here. Perhaps a new thread for that discussion would be in order.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:37 AM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Originally Posted by halzzh View Post
That mCX is excellent indoors on rainy days. Tried it outside once, hit the side of the house. Enough of that. I also have a cx2, also very good. I'm still debating between the Blade 400 and T-Rex for my next heli. The Blade is cheaper, even after upgrades, I think. But the general opinion is that the T-Rex flies better, so it may be better to buy that and skip the Blade 400.
Maybe if I find a sack of cash............
After flying both I would suggest the TREX. If you can find a 450SE (pre-version 2), I think that was an awesome price for what you got. I don't see the V2 being worth the upgrades, but it is still a great value. The first version was just soooo low priced I got spoiled.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

I flew my MCX using my 9303 for the 1st time last night. I liked it way better than the stock TX. I was able to program in a little expo and also increase the response by bumping up EPA to 125%
I think I'll fly my MCX that way from now on. It is more fun that way.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

I've been flying one since Christmas(my wife apparently listens to my "subtle" hints after all)--this little heli is AWESOME. I, quite frankly, suck at flying helis, with 95 flights logged on a Blade 400 and only a handful of those doing anything over than hovering and hover-taxiing, but the MCX had me doing figure 8s around the ceiling columns and flyign backwards on the first flight!

I changed out the upper and lower blades for glow blades and put on the glow vertical fin, and somehow I went from having very little forward speed and lots of backward speed to the opposite, lots of forward, little backward. I was careful not to change the linkages, since I had already dialed them in to minimize transmitter trim(using my DX6i). Weird, eh?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
giddyuperic

```````````````Have you guys seen the new one coming out it is a police helo. I will put the link up when my computer stops freaking out. you can buy a spot light and runing lights for it too. It is so cool I already ordered mine. I got the mini for x-mas and the dog as has no rest since, i love the little bird. Like today the wind is blowing 40mph to 70mph out here in so cal , so it is inside with the micro's. Luv it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
giddyuperic

Horizon say's that it will be out by the end of the month. Can't wait. the BNF is $149.99. On the one I have now I made a little hook on the bottom I can pick things up and fly around with them. My girlfriend say's I am a little boy stuck in a mans body. She loves the man but hates the boy. HA!! HA!!! jKD

Last edited by giddyuperic; 01-09-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

giddy,

That link you provided requires a log-in and password. Please either post a different link or remove that one entirely.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

I flew my MCX using my 9303 for the 1st time last night. I liked it way better than the stock TX. I was able to program in a little expo and also increase the response by bumping up EPA to 125%
I think I'll fly my MCX that way from now on. It is more fun that way.
Jeff,

Adding EPA puts your servos at extreme risk to failure. Horizon has recommended strongly against this. Just wanted to pass that along.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
rcproptester
We the People...

thanks for the heads up Kev... I will change it back. It was fun while it lasted though
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

I bet.....LOL
Old 01-09-2009, 11:16 PM
giddyuperic

I was told to do that by the tech guy at horizon, He said" put the travel adj to 125% on the forward only" I have not had a problem with mine yet and I fly the Cr$# out of it. I just put the glow in the dark parts on it man it is so cool to turn off the lights and fly it. I am going to the AMA show and horizon will be there and I will ask them again.But hobby town said then same thing about the Epa adj. and the link is gone it was a news letter I get from e-flight and I forgot that? Duh
Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Giddyup, I think this is the link you wanted.

Quick Reply: Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11997 seconds with 12 queries