Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Hyperion eos0606i charger

Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default Hyperion eos0606i charger

Hi everyone, just thought I'd mention the hyperion eos606i charger that I bought 6 months ago. I've got, at last count, 5 battery chargers but I haven't used any of the others since getting the Hyperion. It works brilliantly for all my different batteries, is compact and light, and best of all, smart I'm really new at electrics and lipo's and this charger takes out all the guesswork. at $140.00 AUS, it's not cheap, but it's worth every cent. I'm rigging up a solar panel to trickle charge the 12 v car battery, which then powers the charger, so every way it's a winner. I recommend it to everyone , cheers.....
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

I completely agree, thats why I use them here all the time.

And not to thread hijack, but I have some extras from a job that are still brand new in box here that I'll sell for a deal (PM for price too low to advertize!)

Brand new in unopened box..

Shipping not included, but not up-charged. Direct shipping costs only.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Twmaster

I too cannot speak more highly of the Hyperion line of chargers. I have the EOS 1210i and am completely happy with it. Tons of features and capacity. Until the battery world changes dramatically I can see me with this charger for many years to come.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default follow up on charger

Hi everyone, glad others have found the same thing. Just one question; is it possible to get an adaptor to charge the battery on my jr maxx66 tx, and possibly the aa rechargeable batteries i use in a couple of my budget parkflyer tx's as well? I have to use mains power to charge these at present, and being able to use a 12 volt battery with solar trickle back-up would be really convenient. Any Ideas?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
Just one question; is it possible to get an adaptor to charge the battery on my jr maxx66 tx, and possibly the aa rechargeable batteries i use in a couple of my budget parkflyer tx's as well?
That charger will charge everything for you. Take your TX battery with you to Radio Shack, and get a plug that fits into the battery and some bannana plugs. I often use old servo leads, or rx flight pack charger leads from a factory charger. In any case its usually you just making your own plug from shelf parts.

Its often helpful to get some AA battery trays (cheap at RS). With those they often have the standard 9 volt plug, for which you just make a plug for your charger and use the tray to charge loose AA's.

You can charge the TX battery either in, or out of the TX. If you charge the battery while inside, keep it to the rating of the battery, meaning charge a 900 mah pack at .9 amps and so on.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Twmaster

The only problem you might have is many transmitters have a reverse polarity protection circuit built in and my false peak your charger.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
The only problem you might have is many transmitters have a reverse polarity protection circuit built in and my false peak your charger.

Yeah, thats why I suggested not charging at beyond 1C.