Flight Simulators Discuss computer flight simulators here

New Aerobird Swift for CV/FMS rc-sims

Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
ggunners

Default New Aerobird Swift for CV/FMS rc-sims

Hello all!

I have just completed a model of the Aerobird Swift for ClearView and FMS.

The Aerobird Swift is a nice pod and boom aileron trainer from the HobbyZone folks that have brought us all the Aerobird and Firebird variations.

Model Specs are:
Span: 48.0 in (1.22m)
Length: 34.0 in (0.86m)
Weight: 22oz (0.624kg)
Motor: Speed 480
Radio: 3 channel A/E/T proportional FM, 27 MHz, 6 available freqs.
Speed Control : Power FET proportional ESC/RX
Battery: 7 cell 8.4V 1000mAh Ni-MH pack

Please try the model with ClearView or FMS and let me know how it flies or whether any adjustments are needed.

-- ggunners
Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
pburt1975
Hotel California

Hey ggunners, I'll download this for CV and try this weekend. let ya know how it goes.

I thought there was one for FMS already? I've flown a swift on there, but it was before your post here?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 AM
pburt1975
Hotel California

BTW I did get to fly this model on clearview. I thought it behaved pretty well but like all aerobirds could use more power, lol.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Thanks again for posting this model for FMS.

Unfortunately, I recently upgraded to Vista with NVIDIA graphics and FMS 8.5 is having serious problems.

I solved the missing DLL problem but now have terrible flickering. I know I can turn off textures to elimintate flickering but not really a solution. Have also had some limited success with 3D landscapes but there is still a flickering box around the airplane.

Any thoughts before changing to another sim?

Clint
Old 02-16-2009, 05:31 PM
ggunners

Sorry dude, FMS 2 alpha 8.5 and Vista do not always get along. There are fixes out there, but image flickering seems to be related to how DirectX 9 plays with Vista and the version of your graphics card drivers. I actually run older and stabler version of my graphics drivers to have them work with other graphics software.

We can ask the brothers Moeller for an FMS upgrade to a newer version of DirectX and perhaps that would help fix some of these problems.

Otherwise, there are some nice under $100 simulators that work with Vista. I'm converting many of my FMS models to work with ClearView that has Vista support.

-- ggunners
Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ggunners View Post
Sorry dude, FMS 2 alpha 8.5 and Vista do not always get along. There are fixes out there, but image flickering seems to be related to how DirectX 9 plays with Vista and the version of your graphics card drivers. I actually run older and stabler version of my graphics drivers to have them work with other graphics software.

We can ask the brothers Moeller for an FMS upgrade to a newer version of DirectX and perhaps that would help fix some of these problems.

Otherwise, there are some nice under $100 simulators that work with Vista. I'm converting many of my FMS models to work with ClearView that has Vista support.

-- ggunners
Thanks for your quick response.

FMS works fine with Vista on another computer with built in graphics adapter but has fits with the Vista PC with NVIDIA graphics chipset. (Although not surprised there are issues after having to copy an old DLL from XP into the Vista system directory to get it to work.)

Downloaded ClearView and it looks pretty good under Vista with NVIDIA. Glad to hear that you are converting your FMS models to work with the ClearView program.

I have not heard anything about whether a Vista compatible version of FMS in the works.

Clint