Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby Bellanca Decathalon Or Hobby Zone Super Cub

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Hobby Lobby Bellanca Decathalon Or Hobby Zone Super Cub

Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 AM
fireflyer

Default Hobby Lobby Bellanca Decathalon Or Hobby Zone Super Cub

I would like to know which plane is tougher, more sturdy, and easier to fly.
The Hobby Lobby Bellanca Decathalon (http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bellanca.htm) Or Hobby Zone Super Cub. I like the SUper Cub because I've read many good things about it, I like the Decathalon because of the price and the optional airleron conversion.(comes with 4 Channel transmitter)I have the Realflight G3.5 simulator and a Firebird Freedom. I'm buying a second plane because I finally heard how bad the FbF really is and currently in repair, I was told not to spend any money on it. So I'm buying a new plane.
Matt
Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Sabrehawk

Well I think either one of those two would be fine, but if you want a much better looking and flying foam Decathalon I'd point ya to this one,:\http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5795

I have this one, and it flies just fine on it's stock motor and in scale.
I've upgraded mine with an E-flight park 400 and is a real sweet aerobatic performer now. Not that it wouldnt on the stock brushed direct drive, it would........you just had to coax it alot.
But thats a good thing, it keeps you on your toes and teaches ya to fly right or else. Then you really learn the planes habits and quirks this way, and then later on up the powerplant and wooopie.
But yes, as is proper you have to fly it on it's wing 100%

But as I said, it's now an animal up there with it's new BL motor.
It comes with a full house of controls, servos installed and you supply your own reciever(PnP). Cant beat the price either.

Here's mine
Old 04-06-2008, 04:59 AM
fireflyer

Thanks for the reply, Id have to put some thought into that one.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
zook

Good day saberhawk, I am some what a huge fan of my super cub, this little plane has taught me so much,I have on one hear in the nortwest georgia mts. to help!! But to make a long story short I am so glad I went with s/c . Lots of craches and all reparable so far. Much luck from the zook
Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
fireflyer

Thanks Zook, I will put that into consideration.
Matt
Old 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Leo L

Get the SuperCub. Its absolutely the best plane to learn with. The Decathlon could be a good second plane (or in your case third plane), to get you started on aileron control once you have become proficient at flying the SC.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
chrisvonbfl

My own personal experience as a newbie was after becoming proficient on the hobby shop simulator I bought the Super Cub. I've put up several sessions with it and have been impressed how it flys. Also impressed by how everything fit together and where the center of gravity placed. Just adjusted the control surfaces to the servos and was good to go.

Chris Padham
Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Balr14
WWI Jet Ace

I'm with Sabrehawk. The AT Decathalon is a great plane you will never outgrow and you aren't wasting money on "throw away" electronics.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 AM
fireflyer

Thanks for your replies.
Matt