Wings Across America 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 2013 Saga of the Wings Across America Plane as it travels throughout the United States.

Wings Across America 2008 (WAA-08) ----History In The Making!------

Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Yank51 and gents, we had some reported posts on the video so I moved it out for review by the Admins. PM Yank for a link if you want to view it.

I'm on dialup and never view videos so couldn't make the call myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

Were you saying bad words again Yank
Old 06-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Things run a little slower in GA don't ya think?

Frank
I kinda like it that way to be honest.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

You know cats and dogs don't play well together.

Frank
Old 06-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Total pilot count as of today is 277. Anyone care to guess which two states has the most pilots?

I suspect once the story about WAA-08 in MA hits the streets we are going to get a bunch more requests. I believe the tone of that article was asking for more pilots.

Frank
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

It was reviewed, Yank's post is back on the previous page. Now you don't have to pester him with PM's.

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Yank51 and gents, we had some reported posts on the video so I moved it out for review by the Admins. PM Yank for a link if you want to view it.

I'm on dialup and never view videos so couldn't make the call myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Pilot #5 says he's looking at a Sat morning flight with a hand-off to pilot #6. From then on I hope things move quickly.

Frank
Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
yank51
I'm a free radical...

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
It was reviewed, Yank's post is back on the previous page. Now you don't have to pester him with PM's.
Thanks Don... It WAS just a link to a commercial, and for a food product at that. NOT adult related in any way. Someone ACTUALLY wanted it reviewed?? I guess that's their right, but now I'm more confused than anyone else...lol (nothing new there, eh??)

No Bill... No bad words this time...lol

Last edited by yank51; 06-04-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
hillbille
Super Contributor

Pilot #5 says he's looking at a Sat morning flight with a hand-off to pilot #6. From then on I hope things move quickly.

Frank
Gee - 277 pilots averaging 2 days each is 554 days. Looks like 2010 for a full circuit! LOL!!! The idea of a "mass" flying day looks better and better!! Of course the wind here in my little section started blowing the second week of April and hasn't stopped yet, and we have severe wind warnings of gusts over 45 - 50 mph for the next three days before it settles back into it;s normal 25 mph breeze. Looks as though it will be "windy" until after mid June here. Weather is certainly going to play a big part in this adventure.

Really when you think about it that's what this is - an adventure. One little plane flying in every state of conus!! Very few Americans have ventured into every state of conus. I have traveled a lot throughout the southwest and a few side trips (New York, Philly, Chicago, etc.) been in Mexico and Canada but I have NOT been in every state in the conus let alone visited with friends everywhere I went!! I personally think thats one of the things that makes this a GREAT adventure - all the friends made, making, and to be made. Doesn't really matter how long it takes - it ain't a race. More of a good will tour of model aviation. Proud to be a participant!! So - THANKS - Frank and all the others that have joined and are participating!!

Hillbille
Old 06-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Kingcrash
Good Winds and RIP

I hope pilots 3-12 are doing OK. Nasty weather through here today. We lost a couple of trees, but they missed our house. The power has been off for a while and keeps coming and going.

Anyway, Frederick, Germantown, Gaithersburg..Culpepper. You guys be safe and keep your heads down.

Greg S
Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Mr. Baggins
Goofball

That was funny
Old 06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
hillbille
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
I hope pilots 3-12 are doing OK. Nasty weather through here today. We lost a couple of trees, but they missed our house. The power has been off for a while and keeps coming and going.

Anyway, Frederick, Germantown, Gaithersburg..Culpepper. You guys be safe and keep your heads down.

Greg S
Hope all is well there - I don't think it's funny as I grew up in tornado alley and saw a great deal of severe weather. When people and property are in danger there's nothing funny about it! We all joke about the weather but my prayers are always for the people IN the weather.

Hillbille
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I think Bill was referring to the video Ned posted.

I just got back in from camping out with 100+ kids up near DC. Lost power, tornado warning, buckets of rain coming down all at once but we're all good. Thanks for your concern Greg for us and all the others. I haven't had the chance to watch the new to see how bad it was.

Frank
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Gee - 277 pilots averaging 2 days each is 554 days. Looks like 2010 for a full circuit! LOL!!! The idea of a "mass" flying day looks better and better!! Of course the wind here in my little section started blowing the second week of April and hasn't stopped yet, and we have severe wind warnings of gusts over 45 - 50 mph for the next three days before it settles back into it;s normal 25 mph breeze. Looks as though it will be "windy" until after mid June here. Weather is certainly going to play a big part in this adventure.

Really when you think about it that's what this is - an adventure. One little plane flying in every state of conus!! Very few Americans have ventured into every state of conus. I have traveled a lot throughout the southwest and a few side trips (New York, Philly, Chicago, etc.) been in Mexico and Canada but I have NOT been in every state in the conus let alone visited with friends everywhere I went!! I personally think thats one of the things that makes this a GREAT adventure - all the friends made, making, and to be made. Doesn't really matter how long it takes - it ain't a race. More of a good will tour of model aviation. Proud to be a participant!! So - THANKS - Frank and all the others that have joined and are participating!!

Hillbille

It really is an adventure and no doubt we are in for the long haul. I am hoping an average of two days per pilot, but if it turns out to be two, three, five or even 10 days per pilot, we'll make this happen.

Thank You Hillbillie and to all the participating pilots.

Frank
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I just got confirmation that Marty at RedneckRC has received the new ESC from Castle and has sent it off to meet the WAA-08 plane at Pilot #10.

Thanks again Marty! Feel free to send Marty a "Thank You" email to let him know we appreciate his efforts.

Frank
Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Looky what I got!

Thanks to our WAA-08 treasurer.

Frank

Last edited by Murocflyer; 10-29-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
donjiskra
WAA-08 Pilot

WOW, WHAT AN HONOR FOR pilot #1.
Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 PM
ama1437

Wink I wish it was SQuiRT

I wish it was SQuiRt that arrived today, but it was not.

However the newspaper article about flight number one DID arrive today. I will get it properly scanned and posted ASAP. Might take a couple of hours, (I have to wait for my expert to become available) but it should happen tonight.

Boy, that's a relief, I thought this article might be lost in the mails.

Keep SQuiRT flying guys and hurry up, I'll probably be pilot number 847 by the time we get this bird all the way around the country. OK, just kidding, don't hurry, just have fun and bring it back alive.

It will be interesting to see the changes that take place as SQuiRT makes the loop. The first guys see a brand new plane. Those of us at the end will see a very seasoned plane. And a WHOLE LOT of stickers and signatures!

Scott (end of the line) S
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
hillbille
Super Contributor

I just got back in from camping out with 100+ kids up near DC. Lost power, tornado warning, buckets of rain coming down all at once but we're all good. Thanks for your concern Greg for us and all the others. I haven't had the chance to watch the new to see how bad it was.

Frank
Yep - Sorry Bill - Frank and Bill - I'm one of those people that can't type without looking at the keyboard and I make 12 mistakes a minute during a short paragraph - so I sometimes miss a lot and there can be several posts between where I think my answer - post - is going and where it ends up making for some pretty silly looking stuff. I guess I should have backed up a page and read the post (and looked at the video - it is funny BTW!) then maybe I would have gotten it! I'm also older (just getting where being old will allow some leeway for this sort of thing - but not there yet!! LOL!!) so I hope Bill (aka MR. Baggins) will accept my apology for any slight I might have inferred. I do hope all is alright back there with the weather!! Like Andy Griffith says,"I don't know why I keep gettin' my britches caught up on my own pitchfork!".

Hillbille
Old 06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Frank
It made "Breaking-News " on the Cable news , -MSNBC-CNN-flux news, glad ya'll are Okay, bub steve
Old 06-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Kingcrash
Good Winds and RIP

Here's an idea for those who weren't here.
(edit) the youtube tags are giving me a fit - so here's the link (/edit)

</EMBED>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM0a-Y-0MO8

As for the Certificate, You're welcome, Frank. Pilots 2, 3, and 4 should also have one

Greg S
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by hillbille View Post
Yep - Sorry Bill - Frank and Bill - I'm one of those people that can't type without looking at the keyboard and I make 12 mistakes a minute during a short paragraph - so I sometimes miss a lot and there can be several posts between where I think my answer - post - is going and where it ends up making for some pretty silly looking stuff. I guess I should have backed up a page and read the post (and looked at the video - it is funny BTW!) then maybe I would have gotten it! I'm also older (just getting where being old will allow some leeway for this sort of thing - but not there yet!! LOL!!) so I hope Bill (aka MR. Baggins) will accept my apology for any slight I might have inferred. I do hope all is alright back there with the weather!! Like Andy Griffith says,"I don't know why I keep gettin' my britches caught up on my own pitchfork!".

Hillbille
No worries, it's all good. You're still all Aces in my book.

Frank
Old 06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Here's an idea for those who weren't here.
(edit) the youtube tags are giving me a fit - so here's the link (/edit)

</EMBED>[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM0a-Y-0MO8[/media]

As for the Certificate, You're welcome, Frank. Pilots 2, 3, and 4 should also have one

Greg S
Wow, you should work for the weather channel. Very good commentary. That's how it looked for us also. Just imagine a bunch of 11 year olds in a 40 year old cabin with that going on. It was fun. But this morning it was beautiful out.

Frank
Old 06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
It made "Breaking-News " on the Cable news , -MSNBC-CNN-flux news, glad ya'll are Okay, bub steve
Thanks Steve!

Frank
Old 06-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Kingcrash
Good Winds and RIP

Originally Posted by Mr. Baggins View Post
That was funny
IT was. I won't be able to eat a dog this summer without a little giggle.

Greg S

Quick Reply: Wings Across America 2008 (WAA-08) ----History In The Making!------

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14929 seconds with 11 queries