Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Sept 3,4,&5- "Zephyr" Electric Fly-In Festival - Zephyrhills, Florida

Old 07-23-2005, 05:16 AM
springer

Default Sept 3,4,&5- "Zephyr" Electric Fly-In Festival - Zephyrhills, Florida

The Zephyrhills Can-Am Flyers is hosting an all electric aircraft 3 day fly-in at their club field on Labor Day weekend. It is located about 30 miles northeast of Tampa Florida. This will be the first of a planned annual event. If it is electric powered and flies, you can bring it to the "Zephyr". There already is a large interest in all types of electric R/C aircraft and helicopters.

You can find out a lot more at the official website: http://www.zeff.info. You can also advance register online which enters you in a special door Prize drawing.

This event is well organised and promises to be a great time for all. There is a lot in the area to do with the family if you make a vacation of it.

They have more than $2500.00 in raffle and door prizes for this event with more arriving almost daily. See the sponsor's page on the official website.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

I would love to go, but am not an AMA member - do I need to be to fly? I will be in FL at that time, Orlando area.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
springer

Sorry, the hosting club field rules and the AMA sanction requires a current AMA or Canadian MAAC Membership to Fly. You are more than welcome to come as a spectator and enjoy the festival including the raffle. There is no admission charge for spectators. There is still probably time to get an AMA license if you hurry.
Joe
Old 07-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

Thanks - I'll look into it - will at least be there as a spectator
Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM
springer

Default Early arrivals and overnight parking update

If you are planning to attend the "Zephyr" and staying on the event grounds, the gates will be open Friday afternoon (Sept. 2) for early arrivals. There will be security on location all weekend. Sorry, there are no utilities on site. More info posted on the Zephyr web site: www.zeff.info.

See you at the “Zephyr”,
Joe
Old 08-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Red Scholefield
Batteries/Chargers

Originally Posted by springer View Post
The Zephyrhills Can-Am Flyers is hosting an all electric aircraft 3 day fly-in at their club field on Labor Day weekend. It is located about 30 miles northeast of Tampa Florida. This will be the first of a planned annual event. If it is electric powered and flies, you can bring it to the "Zephyr". There already is a large interest in all types of electric R/C aircraft and helicopters.
Your dates are different than those at the web site:
Which are correct?

Hosting Club: Zephyrhills Can-Am Flyers Inc.

Date: October 27,28 & 29 2006
Old 08-20-2006, 01:57 PM
springer

Originally Posted by Red Scholefield View Post
Your dates are different than those at the web site:
Which are correct?

Hosting Club: Zephyrhills Can-Am Flyers Inc.

Date: October 27,28 & 29 2006
Hi Red,

Sorry for the confusion. This is last year’s thread for the 2005 "Zephyr" which was held on Labor Day weekend last year. Please Note the posting date. The www.zeff.com website is correct and a new thread was started for the 2006 "Zephyr" at: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238. We would be honored to have you come and join the fun. I'm sure your loyal fans would be delighted .

Joe
Old 08-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Red Scholefield
Batteries/Chargers

Originally Posted by springer View Post
Hi Red,

Sorry for the confusion. This is last year’s thread for the 2005 "Zephyr" which was held on Labor Day weekend last year. Please Note the posting date. The www.zeff.com website is correct and a new thread was started for the 2006 "Zephyr" at: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238. We would be honored to have you come and join the fun. I'm sure your loyal fans would be delighted .

Joe
Sorry, chould have checked your post date. :o Looks like the electrics are growing. Ocala Flying Models Club is hoisting an electric bash Feb 26-18th, 2007the Ocala Volt/Age of Flight.