Dog got ahold of Havoc Heli - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Dog got ahold of Havoc Heli

Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Lynn39

Default Dog got ahold of Havoc Heli

Hello,

Our dog got a hold of my son's Havoc Heli. The foam things on the bottom..the things you land on were ripped off. Can these be rigged back up somehow, I was thinking of trying to cut foam into that shape and glue on.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks...
Old 01-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

If you still have them, you could glue them back on or you could make some new ones out of the foam trays from the meat department at the grocery store.

You can use just about any type of foam and use low temp hot glue, Elmers or epoxy to fasten them on. You may have to tape them in place overnight to let them dry with the Elmers or epoxy.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lynn39 View Post
Hello,

Our dog got a hold of my son's Havoc Heli. The foam things on the bottom..the things you land on were ripped off. Can these be rigged back up somehow, I was thinking of trying to cut foam into that shape and glue on.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks...
some poster foam board should work for you, then glue it on with some 5 min epoxy, Hope that helps, Chellie
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Lynn39

Thanks...

We will give it a try..
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 AM
parris001

I have cut my landing skids off before in order to split the heli............. before I go into a long story, I just cut thin strips of scotch tape and lay them on the seams where the skids meet the main body. It will hold good enough without adding much weight.

But back to splitting the heli. Someone on here suggested opening the thing up and trimming some foam out of the nose in order to move the battery forward to achieve more forward flight. I find this modification to be one of my favorites! It's kind of a pain in the a** to split is and not tear anything up but it can be done. And then I just tape the two halves back together with very thin strips of scotch tape. It has the potential to make one move pretty fast. I highly recommend it.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 AM
You Bought Watt?

Default Gorilla Glue.

Gorilla Glue worked great on mine. After a few spin drops (as my 4 year old calls them) from about 20 ft, one of the fins broke off. I tried super glue but it didn't last. Gorilla glue has held for weeks and still looks strong.
http://www.gorillaglue.com/