LAMA SA-315B Fully Scale Making - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Standard & Large E-Heli Talk Discuss all standard and large sized electric rc helicopters in here

LAMA SA-315B Fully Scale Making

Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Default LAMA SA-315B Fully Scale Making

Hi there Scale Helicopter Buddies,

Did take a new route in the hobby with the helicopter name LAMA SA-315B from HIROBO with the MRB-III scale rotothead system that will be converted to a electric machine. Probably a 50 size electric motor will be suite in as powerplant later on this year.

Did purchase the product from HIROBO Japan in last August 2008 and received it on September 2008. Did start this project this winter (2008-09) and have made a large amount of add-on's and serunding add-on's as to be the LAMA SA-315B home base location area.

Alote of scale part's need to be done and created,, but so far it is going pretty good on the scale making part's of the LAMA.

I will show here the link where you can follow my build with this wonderfull project I have to do.

http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/v...t=9638&start=0

If all goes right and well on the making,,
I should be flying somewhere this next summer 2009 with my LAMA SA-315B Search&Rescue Medical Helicopter unit...

But as you know,, their is no rush while making doing Scale replica's...
Just a pleasure to be doing them for my Helicopter EyesBall dome view...

Regards to all,
Scale builder's and fan's of the LAMA SA-315B !

Last edited by Cpt.TYPHOON; 02-12-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 PM
rcshirt

HEy found this site too...

i am converting my raptor to a brushless setup(align 600xl motor)
i overheated the motor so a new one would cost 150.00 so electric it goes.
then into a fuse.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Hi yea rcshirt,
What have you done?
Burn out the motor?

Was it a glow motor you have burn out, and made the switch to electric motor or you have burn out a electric motor and will get a 600xl from align? I guess you have burn out a electric motor...

The 600xl is like what size,, is this a 60 or less?

Talk to you later bud...
Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

The (40th) birthday of the LAMA is this year...

My french buddy from (France2) Europe as just completed the celebration design & has realized the advertising poster to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Alouette III and the 40th anniversary of the Lama in 2009.

He as just sent me the latest work design contract for the LAMA 2009 celebration in Europe this year...

Congrat Buddy on this wonderfull work of art & he is shure a talented person in real life with the imaginations he own's...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	090126093226128307OlivierAUDIGECopyrights 2009.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	92175  
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

What's a ,

LAMA SA-315B Search&Rescue Helicopter Unit
with out those strecher's that are attaching to the Crane Puller Lifter's chrome bolt end...

These strecher's are use while in critical situations when the helicopter can't reach the peoples in urgent need's...

The strecher's are attach to both Medical comportment backrear end and later deployed to the Crane Puller Lifter's... To be manage airflow evacuation from inside Medical Comparment ,,Will drill one hole on eachside of strecher's so the air can evacuate from interior Medical comparment...

Did also fix the Medical compartment to the steinless steel pole with (LOCK Springs) that are attach to them and also attach to the LAMA structure for holddown point will come later,, as I have'nt found that devise yet.

I mite circle the interior metal hole with rubber seal's... Make's it more as a finish devise...

I have found some materials to do my LAMA interior canopy. The sheet's I have found look like the steinless steel floor plates of helicopters canopy. They are made of silver chrome colorscheme as I the real thing and very lite as weight goes... Will take pic's and will show them here later...

The strecher's & Puller Crane Lifter's...
http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/v...t=9638&start=0

Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

The FIRST DAY,
out of the hanger for the LAMA SA-315B Search&Rescue Medical Helicopter Unit.

She just had to be out on her Alpha 1One Charlie Patform heli-path
base on that wonderfull March 1st sunny afternoon !

Enjoy the Photoshooting plates-set's buddies...

Here I have just slice open the 2 tale and large hanger door's in front of the LAMA while she is seatting in her hanger homebase.
Now she can have a pic of what is outside this dark hanger where she is been built...

The LAMA SA-315B Search&Rescue Medical Helicopter Unit:
In her hanger with the door's wide open on eachside...

Below,
The LAMA SA-315B Search&Rescue Medical Helicopter Unit:
On her Heli-path Platform called "Alpha 1One Charlie" on a
sunny March 1st sunday afternoon winter season 2009...

http://picasaweb.google.com/LAMAHORS...ricConversion#

Old 05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Was so nice yeaterday,,
no wind or a breeze ...

My buddy Paul should have freak out,,,, as he was working and not be able to fly his Ecureuil... Their will be many more to come buddy,,, for shure,,, I will need the sunny, no wind days to when my LAMA will be ready to explore around,,,lol...

So yesterday I have done a little on the LAMA. I did find the way I will do my UHF tailboom plate. My parts have been cut,,, and will glue them this week while it will rain like tomorow and thursday.

So yesterday was so nice I decide to do some cleaning around the LAMA homebase in our backyeard estate. I have some lights sytem to install for night on the Heliport TARMAC. It will look so cool after I am done with it.
I also got out the LAMA at the end of the day to shoot her on the Test helipath TARMAC next to the LAMA homebase location...

Was very nice out,,, that is what summer is all about...

LAMA seatting on her Helipath TARMAC @ her LAMA homebase Heliport:

Did the 2 UHF plates last night,,, as test with the alumi stripes.

Looking good as design goes, but will have to do them again in real one today or tomorow. I am not completly satisfy with my result,,, so up again on the cutting and fitting of new ones. It should be the right design now, and will be completed on my next fiew days ... They will look very cool ...

My Buddy Paul as found what should be the electric conversion system on my LAMA. I agree with him that it should be the best around. Should get a order by next week if all goes well.
So many little devise system's to be installed befort this LAMA fly.

But getting close to that flying day and all seem's to be coming a more reality for me now... Thanks to that great Buddy Paul that helps me alote to make this LAMA the way I needed to be ...

Thanks Bud!!!
It shure is a great experience to be doing this hobby with you by my side...

I feel so secure... Thanks !!!

I see on the conversion devise that I can even get my large battery in the canopy.That will be for shure a test,,, but I would like if possible to be fit inside. But If my Buddy Paul find it will be better outside for the battery issue,,, I will simply make some exterior underbelly support for them that's all. That was my first idea anyway to have the battery outside @ underbelly location. But should be so cool if I could hide them inside.

I will have to figure some ventilation devise so the system remain cool as Temp goes while the helicopter is on operation.
So much more issues to come,,, but getting there after 9 months on the built... lol...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Okay,
So I got to my UHF tailboom plates yesterday,
and did work on them all day. I have done them right this time, and the way I wanted them to look. I have also made and glue a support plate sheet of plastic behind to make it straight and stronger.

On them I have glue 1one stripe of real alumi material and 1one black stripe of fibercarbon matrial. So 2 stripes on eachone as design. I did choose only 2 on the plates for weight issues.
They really look good and clean as view matter.

I have started on a other add-on.
A top canopy sunviser grill UV sun cutter.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,
You are wondering what that is hey
I'm for shure trying to make it fit perfectly,
and my hold down devise are making this devise looking so sharp on my LAMA ...

So cool !!! (On to test this devise at the moment)
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Been a while,,,
The LAMA is going today to get a electronic's inplant.
My Buddy heli mentor with great experiences in
scale helicopters will do that for me...

Many things have been modify as add-on's on this helicopter
and will be reflecting as LAMA SA-315B (SAR) Missions Leader
Helicopter Unit.

If you want to see how it is looking like now,
you can have a view on her homebase helipad Private Air-Station
that I have created for her and for my own pleasure in my backyard.

Will be flying in the next fiew weeks.
Enjoy the LAMA at his best via the link here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/LAMAHORS...lipadPlatform#
Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
sam94

Default esky belt cp scale

Hi, im saying this to you because you obviously know about scale helis and that, but im going to get a esky belt cp kit, and put my electronics in and im planning on making it look really scale (like you lama), but is it possible as the heli is 6ch, and i dont wanna be doing crazy aerobatics with a beautiful fuselage on it.

Any help
Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Good day SAM,
Are You asking me,
if a 6ch would do the trick as to make your kit a scale machine?

(im planning on making it look really scale (like you lama), but is it possible as the heli is 6ch)

Not shure it's what you meen??
You are asking if you can make your LAMA a scale helicopter if you
are using a 6 channel servo machine?

You meen for the interior canopy working office right?
As for the exterior scale add-on's of the LAMA,,, your servo's would'nt be a problem or in the way ...

Is that what you meen on your last post?

Let me know,,,
just want to understand your question right Bud !
Old 08-04-2009, 11:48 AM
sam94

Originally Posted by Cpt.TYPHOON View Post
Good day SAM,
Are You asking me,
if a 6ch would do the trick as to make your kit a scale machine?

(im planning on making it look really scale (like you lama), but is it possible as the heli is 6ch)

Not shure it's what you meen??
You are asking if you can make your LAMA a scale helicopter if you
are using a 6 channel servo machine?

You meen for the interior canopy working office right?
As for the exterior scale add-on's of the LAMA,,, your servo's would'nt be a problem or in the way ...

Is that what you meen on your last post?

Let me know,,,
just want to understand your question right Bud !

Sorry - my question was, ive got a esky belt cp helicopter- its just the basic helicopter, but i want to make it look like a lama, and make it look scale by making my own fuselage and everything.
But my Belt cp is 6ch, so it can do tricks, but if i make my heli scale i dont really want to be pushing it to the limits when flying, i more or less want to do scale flight the whole time.

Understand?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Yea,
now it is more clear.

Great that you want to do a scale LAMA out of scratch built.
One thing I have to tell you,,, you will have a big built on the tailboom truss as it is all truss... Your choise.

I dont know the kit you are talking about,,, what is the weight total
to fly by the maker compagny statistic? 7lbs , less or more?

You shure can do a LAMA with any size mechanic's ,,, but you will still have alote to figure out as weighty goes. My LAMA is going to be looking at a weight of 11lbs on the total T/O weight. Till now, it is what we are looking for.

If you have any picture of your model mechanic,,, it would help.
Dont forget the included total weight of the spec on your kit.
Then you could see what will be the best material to use to built your LAMA with keeping the idea of a lite weight helicopter.

Have you gone to my built bench Thread where I have started my project? ... At that site it is a helicopters MAster Builder forums.

It mite help you to ask your questions in there on a new thread built post with your questions. Someone with great expertise will answer you in ever datail's ... I have been on that site for a while now,,, and found that when you want to do it scale,,, it is the right place to be asking questions and have the best help their is to acheive your scale built LAMA project.

Many LAMA builder there,,, and MAster too !!!

Hope it did help you on your built expectation.

The Master Scale helicopters site:
http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/portal.php

Regards Buddy...
SW
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
sam94

Originally Posted by Cpt.TYPHOON View Post
Yea,
now it is more clear.

Great that you want to do a scale LAMA out of scratch built.
One thing I have to tell you,,, you will have a big built on the tailboom truss as it is all truss... Your choise.

I dont know the kit you are talking about,,, what is the weight total
to fly by the maker compagny statistic? 7lbs , less or more?

You shure can do a LAMA with any size mechanic's ,,, but you will still have alote to figure out as weighty goes. My LAMA is going to be looking at a weight of 11lbs on the total T/O weight. Till now, it is what we are looking for.

If you have any picture of your model mechanic,,, it would help.
Dont forget the included total weight of the spec on your kit.
Then you could see what will be the best material to use to built your LAMA with keeping the idea of a lite weight helicopter.

Have you gone to my built bench Thread where I have started my project? ... At that site it is a helicopters MAster Builder forums.

It mite help you to ask your questions in there on a new thread built post with your questions. Someone with great expertise will answer you in ever datail's ... I have been on that site for a while now,,, and found that when you want to do it scale,,, it is the right place to be asking questions and have the best help their is to acheive your scale built LAMA project.

Many LAMA builder there,,, and MAster too !!!

Hope it did help you on your built expectation.

The Master Scale helicopters site:
http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/portal.php

Regards Buddy...
SW

Well my heli might aswell be a ant to yours, mines electric and uses a 450 bl motor 3800rpm, i think it may be a alot of time and effort trying to make a lama, having to get the CG correct and everything.
But many thabks for your advise and im sure it'll come in handy one day.

I may get a jet ranger or md 500e fuselage.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

The following,
is my mentor helicopters Master Builder post with my LAMA doing:

Well started installing the Electro conversion kit and guess what, no instructions first headake.
after 3 hours of I finally got it figured out and installed
Just the bottom plate left to install and then I move on to the gears, but not tonight

Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Hi SAM,
Your welcome Buddy.
Your idea of making a LAMA is nice,,, but making it scratch built will be
hard a little,,, but possible with alote of times and help from Master builders. But possible...

If you ever want to choose to go all the way scale with electric conversion on a helicopter one day,,, have a look at my good buddy here that as made as scratch built towards a BELL JetRanger helicopter of 10fts long.

You can follow his built thread over here.
I have met the man a fiew weeks a go over my homebase here in Quebec Canada. He wanted to visite me and share about this helicopter I am building right now and his Jet Ranger. He is working closely with BELL helicopters for final approaval and will be displaying his machine at their Executive office factories later on if all goes well...

Scratch building a 1/4 scale Jetranger
http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/v...hp?f=17&t=9302

Best of luck on your helicopters built choice!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 AM
stabes

Hi

This is my first post here on this forum, so hello.

What a fantastic thread of a beautiful model...well done

Jus
Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

Hi Stabes,
Glade you like it...

Yea, alote of work have been done to come to that result. I mite
say it was worth wild the waiting,,, that's for shure !!!

Here is
the RE-Direct link to the NEW RE-Design SA-315B CCG SAR
Final results view.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...019#post650019

Small detail's still have to be done,
but I'm pretty done on the project Big Picture.

Thanks to those all peoples that have supported me while I was on the making ...

Regards

Lt.Cmdr. SW. "LAMAHORSE"
LAMA SA-315B (SE) CCG SAR Mission Leader Officer