Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

New F27-C Stryker (Advice Please!!)

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
rc_flyboy1

Default New F27-C Stryker (Advice Please!!)

I just bought a new F27-C brushless Stryker and I noticed that the elevons are'nt level with the wing (One a little up and one a little down). To make them level with the wing I had to give it all the left trim that the transmitter would allow. I'm afraid that if it tries to bank right, I won't have anymore left trim to give it. I have'nt flown it yet because I wanted to find out if this is normal or not. If I put the trim in the center, it looks like it would try to bank right but I got to thinking that this may be the setup on this plane to cancel out the torque from the brushless motor. Could this be possible? I don't want to launch this monster only to have it to plunge directly into the ground! I like lawn darts but not with a plane. Any advice will help. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
manblue

it was the same thing with my stryker.

Remove the tape and pull out the servos. Then when you have all your transmitter trims on neutral but the servo horns as close to a 90 degree angle as possible. (that will make sure the elevons move up and down by the same amount)

And then just adjust the push rods so that the elevons are paralell to the bottom side of the wing.

I hope this helped
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Welcome to wattflyer rc_flyboy1!!!!

you came to the right place for help with questions like this. Feel free to ask about anything you have in question in the future also.

However,
I disagree with blue man, don't remove the servos. Center the trim and unhook the servo arm to the control horn, by turning it clockwise or counter clockwise it will adjust the length of the control arm and correct the problem.

Both of the elevons should be level with the bottom side of the stryker body. If you have to adjust the trim in flight i suggust you center it when you land and go thru the previous step again until no trim adjustment is needed.

You will find the stryker C is a very easy plane to fly, it will coast very slow and land with ease, it is one of my favrote planes that i have in my hanger.

GL lets us know how your maiden flight goes.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
rc_flyboy1

Thanks guys!!!!! I tried centering the trim and adjusting the control clevis's and it worked. I still haven't flown it yet. Hopefully I will get to tomorrow. I will let you know how it went. Thanks again !!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 AM
sakko

take some video i love watching those things fly!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 AM
jimweda

Hey DetroitHawk. How's it going! I noticed you state that you have a "Funjet". I was wondering how you liked it. I'm new to flying. 3 weeks ago, bought an F-22 Raptor (Hanger 9). Was too scared to fly it since I've never flown before, only heli's. Bought the F-27C, launched, had a little accident, reversed servo's, fixed it and have flown it at least 50 times already and it still looks and fly's great! I've recently taken the Raptor out twice and am doing well with that. I was wondering how that funjet fly's. I want to get one, but, only if it fly's great! How about some input! =) Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 AM
jimweda

Hey, has anyone have any ideas on putting on some stream lined wheels for this thing? The place I fly out of is a dry lake bed and is kind of cracked dirt and hard on the body of a foam plane. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm sure the wheels on my F-22 Raptor are taking a pretty good beating as well and am worried about the balsa frame becoming weak after awhile. Its not as bad as it sounds, but the front nose wheel has like a coil which acts like a shock absorber I guess and when it touches down or takes off, I can really see it shaking more than I would like. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Ron S

Originally Posted by jimweda View Post
Hey DetroitHawk. How's it going! I noticed you state that you have a "Funjet". I was wondering how you liked it. I'm new to flying. 3 weeks ago, bought an F-22 Raptor (Hanger 9). Was too scared to fly it since I've never flown before, only heli's. Bought the F-27C, launched, had a little accident, reversed servo's, fixed it and have flown it at least 50 times already and it still looks and fly's great! I've recently taken the Raptor out twice and am doing well with that. I was wondering how that funjet fly's. I want to get one, but, only if it fly's great! How about some input! =) Thanks in advance.
The FJ fly's great! And fast! Ron
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
rc_flyboy1

First flight with the Stryker went great!!!!! After making those adjustments, I didn't have to trim it much at all. 2 clicks right and 3 down. I'm going to enjoy this thing a lot and I'll try to get it on video next time. Thanks a bunch guys !!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 AM
autorail1

Can you swap out the EC3 plug on the strykers speed controller to a deans connector. All of my batteries are Deans types.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by jimweda View Post

The funjet is a great plane and being you already have a stryker C, you could always take all the gear out of the F-27C and place it in the fun jet. That is the setup i am running and it is a great combo. It flys like the stryker but because it is lighter it climbs quicker and because it has less drag it flys faster. (it also seems to make less noise then the stryker too) It really is a fun plane to fly for the $60. Granted it is not as durable as a stryker C but i tend not to crash anymore so mine has held intact very nicely.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by autorail1 View Post
Can you swap out the EC3 plug on the strykers speed controller to a deans connector. All of my batteries are Deans types.

I converted all of my planes to deans, it is just easier and IMO a safe thing to do.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Ron S

Originally Posted by autorail1 View Post
YES= Ron
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 AM
jimweda

Originally Posted by DetroitHawk View Post
The funjet is a great plane and being you already have a stryker C, you could always take all the gear out of the F-27C and place it in the fun jet. That is the setup i am running and it is a great combo. It flys like the stryker but because it is lighter it climbs quicker and because it has less drag it flys faster. (it also seems to make less noise then the stryker too) It really is a fun plane to fly for the $60. Granted it is not as durable as a stryker C but i tend not to crash anymore so mine has held intact very nicely.

Sweet DetroitHawk! Sounds like a great Jet! I think I'm going to get one, and, do as you suggest. Putting all the electronics from the Stryker C to the FunJet and test that baby out to see which I like better. I wouldn't mind a little more speed. I do appreciate your input and thanks for the pic of your Funjet. Looks much better when you see someone's real plane and not the advertisement picture. I can't wait to get mine and test it out next weekend. Happy flying!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 AM
jimweda

Originally Posted by DetroitHawk View Post
I converted all of my planes to deans, it is just easier and IMO a safe thing to do.
I agree. The first thing I always do is change out to deans connectors. Secure and so much easier to deal with.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Ron S

You will like the FJ! It flys better than the stryker,has more adjustments,penetrates the wind better,ect.The FJ is a blast to fly,and it looks allot more like a real jet. I used the Stryker motor,prop,and ESC. I didn't use the servo's though. I installed two HS55's,because they would fit the factory wells in the wing panels,and the are also lighter. I wanted to keep the all up weight as low as possible,and it hasen't dissapointed me yet! The FJ will do harriers into the wind to the point it looks like it's almost hovering,slow (or fast) inverted passes with ease,and inverted harriers. I've noticed that I'm flying my "light" FJ allot more than the other one,that's set up more for speed,and I sure get allot longer flight times on the light setup also. You won't be dissapointed with it. Ron

Last edited by Ron S; 10-09-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Ron S

DH,are you logging allot of stick time on the FJ? It's becomming my "go to plane" more than ever now! Ron
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
DH,are you logging allot of stick time on the FJ? It's becomming my "go to plane" more than ever now! Ron

Lately i have been flying at dusk so while i enjoy the funjet and have logged probally 60+ flights this summer with it, once it gets late it becomes hard to see. Its a fun plane to fly and even with the strykerC setup this plane is a blast. Money well spent.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
autorail1

When setting up the Strykers PNP with a radio. Do I need to turn Wing or V tail on to get the elevons to work properly.

I am using a JR Sport 600 Radio. The only option I have is to turn on wing or v tail on or off.

Thanks,

Jeff S
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Ron S

I'm just guessing,but I'd say V-Tail if that's the only option that is available on the transmitter! Ron
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM
autorail1

Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
I'm just guessing,but I'd say V-Tail if that's the only option that is available on the transmitter! Ron

Ok I have found the option for Delta Mixing on or off. Delta "ON" should be all I need right.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:09 AM
DragonWeezel

delta mixing is what you want.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, as I am a noob, but I believe
V-tail mixing mixes the Rudder and elevator channels. While delta mixes aileron and elevator.

Both perform a similar function using two servos to control the aircraft, mixing the servo amounts based on stick input. Both surfaces down for nose down, up for nose up, RIGHT up for right turn, L up for L turn.

I learned this nice check from my LHS.

For your preflight check, This mnemonic should be used before every flight.

UP, UP, UP, Down.

R stick? R surface goes UP. L' stick L surface goes up. Pull stick towards you, both surfaces should go up. Push stick away from you, both surfaces go DOWN

up,up,up, away=down

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by DragonWeezel View Post

UP, UP, UP, Down.

R stick? R surface goes UP. L' stick L surface goes up. Pull stick towards you, both surfaces should go up. Push stick away from you, both surfaces go DOWN

up,up,up, away=down

Good luck!
That's good! I don't check every time I fly, but I do check anytime I've fiddled with the electronics or had the radio in setup mode.

Except for that one time I didn't. Which is why now, I always check!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 AM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by DragonWeezel View Post
delta mixing is what you want.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, as I am a noob, but I believe
V-tail mixing mixes the Rudder and elevator channels. While delta mixes aileron and elevator.

Both perform a similar function using two servos to control the aircraft, mixing the servo amounts based on stick input. Both surfaces down for nose down, up for nose up, RIGHT up for right turn, L up for L turn.

I learned this nice check from my LHS.

UP, UP, UP, Down.

up,up,up, away=down

Good luck!

LOL @ answering a question ONE YEAR later.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
DragonWeezel

haha, I didn't see the date, was searching a thread for something!

Quick Reply: New F27-C Stryker (Advice Please!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15603 seconds with 12 queries