Indoor Flying Site - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Indoor Flying Site

Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Sergio M

Default Indoor Flying Site

Hi,

I need you guy's help. I am not sure if I am asking in the right spot or not but here goes. I have the possibility of obtaining a site for indoor flying. I live in Miami and not aware of such a place around her. So with that in mind I have done some leg work and have two auditoriums that would allow indoor flying. However they are asking me for some information be presented to them. I am looking for other clubs or indoor flying sites. after a search on the net I cant really find what I am looking for . If anybody can send me a link or direct me to some clubs information that would help me to either properly present my idea or better structure the idea would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
Hi,

I need you guy's help. I am not sure if I am asking in the right spot or not but here goes. I have the possibility of obtaining a site for indoor flying. I live in Miami and not aware of such a place around her. So with that in mind I have done some leg work and have two auditoriums that would allow indoor flying. However they are asking me for some information be presented to them. I am looking for other clubs or indoor flying sites. after a search on the net I cant really find what I am looking for . If anybody can send me a link or direct me to some clubs information that would help me to either properly present my idea or better structure the idea would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance
i really dont know how to help you, but i'm in miami too and have been dying to fly indoors. if you need any help setting it up, i'll be glad to donate time.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Sergio M

Thanks Yaniel, I will keep you in mind and thanks again for the offer. Well this place that I have talked too is about 95 % for sure that it is going to happen. only I want to be properly set up with as much info as possible. I really am looking forward to some indoor flying.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile IndoodrFlying

It might help to print out a copy of the AMA insurance to show prospective site officials, if you are a member.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

The AMA would also have all the information you would need to help secure a site...it's what they do.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Your chances of someone letting you use an indoor site without the backing of AMA and their insurance along with an AMA club being involved are slim to none.

As Smoke said join AMA and get them involved in helping you obtain a site.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

I'm an active AMA member, at least until the end of the year if you need someone with a membership
Old 11-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
The AMA would also have all the information you would need to help secure a site...it's what they do.
I third that. Contact the AMA. It's what they do.

Frank
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Sergio M

Thanks Guys,. As a matter of fact I have been a member for many years of AMA. I really never thought about giving them a call. I mean I new that sooner or later I would have to contact them in reference to the site. but it never really occur to me, that calling them up first could be a great help. I will ck with AMA and see how they can help. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again
Old 02-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

any update on this?