Turnigy Multi Function Watt Meter - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Turnigy Multi Function Watt Meter

Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
rckowal

Default Turnigy Multi Function Watt Meter

Can some one who owns this meter give me a short course (or point me to a source that can) on the practical setup & use of it?

http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBI...idProduct=6553

They include a so-called manual (index card size in Chinese shorthand) but it's not very helpful. I know how to use it for the basic functions Ok but it has some "bells & whistles" that the dinosaurs (like Watts Up, etc.) don't have. Those are where I could use some help.

I have an electrical background so there's no need to go into electrical theory, ohms law, etc.

Best regards, Richard
Old 01-08-2009, 05:11 PM
pburt1975
Hotel California

Originally Posted by rckowal View Post
Can some one who owns this meter give me a short course (or point me to a source that can) on the practical setup & use of it?

http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBI...idProduct=6553

They include a so-called manual (index card size in Chinese shorthand) but it's not very helpful. I know how to use it for the basic functions Ok but it has some "bells & whistles" that the dinosaurs (like Watts Up, etc.) don't have. Those are where I could use some help.

I have an electrical background so there's no need to go into electrical theory, ohms law, etc.

Best regards, Richard
The only bells and whistle I know of that turnigy meter over the wattsup would be the servo plug on the side that allows you to either test the motor without having a RX in line or to make sure your servos work before installing them.
For that, you plug the ESC or servo up to the unit and connect a battery. Use the pot on top to control the motor or servo.