First plane for purchase? Wing dragon or Flying dragon or tiger dragon, junior rtf - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

First plane for purchase? Wing dragon or Flying dragon or tiger dragon, junior rtf

Old 11-29-2006, 07:33 AM
wingdragon

Default First plane for purchase? Wing dragon or Flying dragon or tiger dragon, junior rtf

Ok so i found the flying dragon for a good deal online $59 shipped. Anyone bought this plane is it just a art tech WD rebadge to sell in other markets so as not to enfringe on dealer sales. I should mention all the above planes look the same just different stickers.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Appointmentwithground

many good rtf "new flyer" so to speak planes are usually $100+ im not saying dont buy this plane just be careful i learned there is no free lunch in this world the hard way, and knowing me i probably dont know what im talking about lol
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
CGFlyer

I have the Wingdragon 4, she flies great. The stock cheap rx/tx combo glitches like crazy, so I traded it out for my hitec gear, she rocks now. Just my two cents to go with the Wingdragon.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 AM
wingdragon

Default Hi i bought the FD and it arived today

I will get pics for ya latter, first thing i had to do is remove the stickers there everywhere, then touch up paint the wings as some color came off. Wal mart has apple 44cent bright yellow its a perfect match and cheap. Looks just like the wing dragon but the radio is two stick looks to be a 4channel setup. Didnt come with any cds or rear landing gear. So far im liking this plane its a big size and saved quite a bit of money.

Last edited by wingdragon; 12-03-2006 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 PM
DAngilello

I like the Wind Dragon/Begin-Air planes. They fly great and are tough.
Get a 4ch plane and buy an extra wing from the 3ch plane.
Use the 3ch wing to start.
When you are ready for 4ch just put the original wing back on.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
joelau

I am trying to put a brushless motor on my wing dragon. Anybody has experience in that. I found it hard to mount the motor on the outside because there is not much space to put the screw in,any suggestion ?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Sir Raleigh
Super Contributor

Go to this link http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22731 and scroll down to " Brushless outrunner motor mounts:". There are a few links on various ways people have mounted outrunner and inrunner motors.