HITEC customer sevice is very good,very helpful to talk to asking questions. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC customer sevice is very good,very helpful to talk to asking questions.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

Default HITEC customer sevice is very good,very helpful to talk to asking questions.

i just want to compliment hitec corperatioon for their customer service.

I have been emailing hitec regarding questions on my new eclipes 7 tx and rxs I'm using and i must say...they have been getting back to me to answer questions right away and offered to send spc plugs free as i misplaced mine for 2 rx's.

the reason i may have crashed is something i discover today after work. i was connecting power to the esc to check conection,the ubec,and servos,motor when i heard a soft crackling sound in the electric wires...i knew it was a short somewhere so began wiggling wires. found right away the positive wire to the deans t plug on the esc was loose....not off by any means but loose enough to cause a broken circuit when giggled and the reconnect to fool me thinking all was ok ...this is also where my castle ubec is wired in near by. i figure the many plugging in and out to batteries for many flights wore it out. fixed now! thank goodness i didn't get it installed in the rebuilt edge 540t and have it work only to crash again.

another kudos goes to tower hobbies for shipping my replacement canopy for the 540t so quickly. i cant wait to put this bird back in the air and with all the good customer treatment i think it'll be quicker than thought.

thanks again hitec and tower!!!!! stu
Old 09-25-2013, 05:00 PM
E-Challenged

Be very careful of polarity when connecting SPC pigtail to receiver. I have been flying with an Eclipse 7 with 2.4GHz module and about to learn the ins and outs of my new Aurora 9 touch screen programming. Hitec user manuals and instruction sheets have some mistakes/unclear stuff that are never corrected except by corrections and supplemental info in vendor forums etc. Use the HPP-22 PC interface andyour USB cable to keep transmitter and receiver software/firmware up to date.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 AM
A.T.

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
i just want to compliment hitec corperatioon for their customer service.
I have been emailing hitec regarding questions on my new eclipes 7 tx and rxs I'm using and i must say...they have been getting back to me to answer questions right away and offered to send spc plugs free as i misplaced mine for 2 rx's.
the reason i may have crashed is something i discover today after work. i was connecting power to the esc to check conection,the ubec,and servos,motor when i heard a soft crackling sound in the electric wires...i knew it was a short somewhere so began wiggling wires. found right away the positive wire to the deans t plug on the esc was loose....not off by any means but loose enough to cause a broken circuit when giggled and the reconnect to fool me thinking all was ok ...this is also where my castle ubec is wired in near by. i figure the many plugging in and out to batteries for many flights wore it out. fixed now! thank goodness i didn't get it installed in the rebuilt edge 540t and have it work only to crash again.
another kudos goes to tower hobbies for shipping my replacement canopy for the 540t so quickly. i cant wait to put this bird back in the air and with all the good customer treatment i think it'll be quicker than thought.
thanks again hitec and tower!!!!! stu
The following page may also be of benefit:

. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - FAQ - Setup and Additional Programming

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links