ParkZone 4-Channel Sneak Peek - Page 6 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

ParkZone 4-Channel Sneak Peek

Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pache11 View Post
Picked up mine yesterday. Charged and flew it on the way home at a school in Naperville. Very windy 10+mph. Could not control on low rates, flys great on high rates, gets blown around quite a bit and needed alot of up elevator. It seems that nearly all of these come nose heavy. Will have to play with modifying the CG when the winds are calmer. It still is alot of fun when windy, but landing on pavement was a handfull. Would like to modify for brushless as soon as available. Great plane.
Wow!! You were flying yours in yesterdays winds!!! I live in Sugar Grove which is only about 7 miles west of Naperville. I didn't even want to fly my Trex in the winds we had yesterday. However the winds are a bit stronger out in the farmlands. Whare do you usually fly?

CTD
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
giddyuperic

Are you guys talking about high rates on our radio or on the plane??
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
HeadMaster

Originally Posted by giddyuperic View Post
Are you guys talking about high rates on our radio or on the plane??
In my case both. 100% rates on TX and inner most hole on the control horn on the plane.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 AM
giddyuperic

I got it and I put a T pin in the tail for some weight and she flies like a dream only thing she can't do is hover. But they say on the GWS prop it will? I hear maybe a bigger motor coming out maybe??? GREAT LITTLE PLANE AND THE GIRLS THINK IT IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

No....... it doesnt matter what prop , not enough grunt to hover
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 AM
giddyuperic

Maybe the motor will do the trick. But that is only a rumer. I sure someone will hop it up it just a matter time.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
HeadMaster

Maybe the motor will do the trick. But that is only a rumer. I sure someone will hop it up it just a matter time.
Check this one out...ultimate su26

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1413
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Son of Paleface

Quick , they are back in stock..........

https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...sho_Minium_Etc)

Ian
Old 08-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

I got my SU26 today. Today is my B-Day and a buddy [Matt] called me to wish me a happy B-Day. He is building a L-39 with retracks, it is a thing of beauty. He said why don't you stop by on your way home from work and see the L-39. He just got it finished and he wanted to show me the plane with the working flaps and retracks. I agreed to stop by and check it out. He may maiden it this weekend, it's running about 1000 watts of power. Can't wait to see it rip holes across the sky. Anyway back to the story.....I stopped to see the L-39 and he suprised me with a new SU-26!! He knew I had one on lay-away at the LHS so he stopped in and paid it off for me!!! That was a VERY NICE SURPRISE!! I was out of work for 6 months and he knows things are very tight for me budget wise so he thought it would be a great gift....and it was!!!!

I got to fly it this evening at the local park. Wow, what fun!! I had the CG set up at 31mm and it was still nose heavy so I had to put a bunch of up into the elevator but other than that it flew great. I tapped a T-Pin to the fuse back by the tail when I got home so that should help trim her out some more. It was almost dark after the 1st flight so I wasn't able to recharge and fly her again, so I'll have to see how it flys with the T-Pin another day. It was very windy all day today. Winds were gusting to 26 MPH this afternoon, but this evening it was only 3 to 4 MPH when I flew her. I cant wait to fly her inside or when there is 0 wind. What a great B-Day it has been!!!

CTD
Old 08-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Son of Paleface

From down under , HAPPY BIRTHDAY , CTD , may all your landings be gentle..
Old 08-22-2009, 04:39 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I bought a passel of planes today from a fellow getting out of RC flying and it included an SU-26. I have been wanting one so now I can't wait for a calm evening so I can fly it.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:49 AM
giddyuperic

Happy birthday from so cal. I have had alot of guys say that plane is junk and I say have you put a T-pin in the tail for balance and most say no!!! Well that is your problem. I fly the common sense batteries and it rips all over the sky snap rolls inverted flight, spit S's you name she does it. You can just stick the T-pin in the back by the tail there is nothing that will get hurt and when you take it out there is no hole. Like you said I go out at six in the AM and there is no wind maybe 1 mph, but to fly in a big gym or warehouse would be so much fun, I have the micro helos too. It would be a blast. Buy four or so props and did you get the free battery tell sep 20th when you buy a BNF small plane you get a free e-flight battery with it. Check the new AMA mag that came this month it is in there. One more thing before I blow up the computer there is a GWS prop that goes o here and makes a big differance check the forum they even have the part number. And one guy who moded the crap out of one of these and it is smoken hot. Check it out.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:18 AM
HeadMaster

Hey giddy you need to try a 5043 prop....turns a good plane into an awesome one!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:11 AM
giddyuperic

Is that a GWS? And what do I need to make it work? Can you post some photos of it mounted on your plane please? Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Thanks for the B-Day wishes!! My 4 kids, 3 son/daughter inlaws and 7 grandchildren are coming over for a party tomorrow. Wow, it's going to be a busy day tomorrow, but fun too!!

Question? I got to fly the SU-26 again this morning at the park. I did a ROG take off this time and all went well except I lost the LG. I think it came off sometime during the flight. There is no-way I'm going to find it in the grass, so it looks like a trip to the LHS is in order. Also I broke the prop upon landing, DRATS! I think I read that the props screw on rather than push on. Do they screw off counter clockwise?

I was thinking that I would just grip the shaft with some neddle nose plyers. Is this how you guys do it or do you have to take the turtle deck off to get access?

CTD
Old 08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Look What I found. All the mods are here in this link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...89&postcount=1

CTD
Old 08-22-2009, 04:02 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Crash Test Dummy View Post
Thanks for the B-Day wishes!! My 4 kids, 3 son/daughter inlaws and 7 grandchildren are coming over for a party tomorrow. Wow, it's going to be a busy day tomorrow, but fun too!!

Question? I got to fly the SU-26 again this morning at the park. I did a ROG take off this time and all went well except I lost the LG. I think it came off sometime during the flight. There is no-way I'm going to find it in the grass, so it looks like a trip to the LHS is in order. Also I broke the prop upon landing, DRATS! I think I read that the props screw on rather than push on. Do they screw off counter clockwise?

I was thinking that I would just grip the shaft with some neddle nose plyers. Is this how you guys do it or do you have to take the turtle deck off to get access?

CTD
First, Happy Birthday buddy!

If it's the same as the Cessna, to remove the prop, I gripped the prop shaft with needlenose pliers and spun the prop with my finger. Can't remember which direction, sorry.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
giddyuperic

counter clock, be glad you saw that because dumb me thought they just pulled off and I lost a bolt the size of a match head and washer even smaller. Kept the plane upright and went to the LHS and we found them both want to talk abut happy birth day, Have a great day with all of your family
Old 08-22-2009, 06:48 PM
HeadMaster

Is that a GWS? And what do I need to make it work? Can you post some photos of it mounted on your plane please? Thanks
Yes GWS.

All you need is the prop and these adapters(internal collet). You simply push the adapter into the prop hub then screw it onto the shaft like you would the stock prop...add a drop of CA to keep it from moving and your good to go. He has the props too.

http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/index.php?cat=36&shop=1&
Old 09-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

My elevator servo crapped out today. I only have about 30 flights on this bird and now I have to spend 60 bucks to fix it!! I'm not a happy camper. Anybody had this trouble?

CTD
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
robertloop

My elevator twitches a lot. Pretty sure the potentiometer is iffy.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:13 AM
HeadMaster

The PZ sukhoi makes its major league debut ...warning PG13 ending

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 AM
robertloop

Oh... HECK YES!!! Finally baseball is worth watching. I would gladly pay 10 bucks a beer to see that. *Stifling the overpaid crappy comments about the spectacle that baseball has become....*
Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

I found the trouble with my elevator. After opening her up I found the + lead for the elevator servo motor had broke rite at the board. I re attached the wire and she is working again. I just flew her under the streetlight in front of my house. Success feels great!!! I also changed the prop to a GWS 6X3 and the thrust is much better. It climbs soooo much better. I have some 5X3 props on order, they should arrive tomorrow. Others have been running 5X4.3 and 5X3 GWS props with great success. The 5X4.3 were on back order so the 5X3 is all I could get.

By the way, if your elevator or rudder servo gos out you can replace the servo with the replacement servo for the Ember or any of the other parkzone micro plane servos. PZ wants to sell you the entire board for 60 bucks. NO WAY!!

I would also suggest saving your broken props. I just drilled out my GWS prop and inserted the center hub of the PZ prop onto the GWS prop and used a bit of CA to glue it in. Then you can just screw it back on the shaft.

CTD
Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
autorail1

What type of T Pin and does any one have a photo of this t pin in place?

Happy birthday from so cal. I have had alot of guys say that plane is junk and I say have you put a T-pin in the tail for balance and most say no!!! Well that is your problem. I fly the common sense batteries and it rips all over the sky snap rolls inverted flight, spit S's you name she does it. You can just stick the T-pin in the back by the tail there is nothing that will get hurt and when you take it out there is no hole. Like you said I go out at six in the AM and there is no wind maybe 1 mph, but to fly in a big gym or warehouse would be so much fun, I have the micro helos too. It would be a blast. Buy four or so props and did you get the free battery tell sep 20th when you buy a BNF small plane you get a free e-flight battery with it. Check the new AMA mag that came this month it is in there. One more thing before I blow up the computer there is a GWS prop that goes o here and makes a big differance check the forum they even have the part number. And one guy who moded the crap out of one of these and it is smoken hot. Check it out.

Quick Reply: ParkZone 4-Channel Sneak Peek

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.08884 seconds with 10 queries