Project Globetrotter Mission - Page 227 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WG1 Discussion forum This is the place to discuss everything Project Globetrotter

Project Globetrotter Mission

Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Nobody flies south of Vatterott, as far as I know and thats a good sized hay field with plenty of cushion just in case she got to close to the ground. I'm like Tom in a way, think I'll bail on flying her with the winds the way they've been I dont think I want to attempt a flight.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
velojet
Community Moderator

Default The current Route List

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Originally Posted by velojet View Post
No, no, Lieutenant, you're not MIA - aviatordave just took his excerpt of the Route List after your entry.
Sheesh -- that's an OLD list.
No, Lieutenant, just for the record, that's not an old list - it's the fully up-to-date current Route List, maintained by me on behalf of stinkweed007, and incorporating all agreed amendments to the route.

John V
Old 05-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Saturday won't work for me since XTO Energy, where my wife works, has their company picnic Saturday. The next week looks bad also. I will get her flown here and then bring her to James in Tulsa and let you guys work out the timing of your flying.

There is a big Armed Forces Day parade here on Saturday with a lot of activities at the airport in the morning. Some Glue Dobbers RC guys are going to be here to fly and I might be able to get a story about Wiggy in the local paper.

I will let you know when I get her flown.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by velojet View Post
No, Lieutenant, just for the record, that's not an old list - it's the fully up-to-date current Route List, maintained by me on behalf of stinkweed007, and incorporating all agreed amendments to the route.

John V
Ok - I understand now. "After my entry", meaning "the sequential names on the list" (pilot number), not "after I entered my name on the list" (time).

Thanks -- I get it now. I'm a little slow sometimes.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 AM
velojet
Community Moderator

... Thanks -- I get it now. I'm a little slow sometimes.
Not at all - blame it on my ambiguous wording. Anyway the important thing is your flying skills, Lieutenant, and with your daily practice, Wiggy'll be in very safe hands.

John V
Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM
shinpaku

When is Wiggy going to fly again, it has been a while now
Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

The weather in Oklahoma has not been friendly to flight. We had 5 killed in tornados just this week and Tulsa got hit bad last night with high winds and possible tornados.

Presently, at 11:00 am, it looks like after sunset outside, with thunder and lightning. Storms and rain last night and more in the forecast for the rest of the week. It is just springtime in Oklahoma.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
shinpaku

I hope things will get better soon, here in Belgium it should be about 18 Celsius but it is going to get below 0 following night. Rain and wind is also part of the menu.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
The weather in Oklahoma has not been friendly to flight. We had 5 killed in tornados just this week and Tulsa got hit bad last night with high winds and possible tornados.

Presently, at 11:00 am, it looks like after sunset outside, with thunder and lightning. Storms and rain last night and more in the forecast for the rest of the week. It is just springtime in Oklahoma.
It is good to hear you are weathering the storms Jim, it has been a crazy week. No tornadoes this morning but we did have 80-90MPH straight winds . There is nothing quite as exhilarating as hearing tornado sirens going off at 5 in the morning, you wake up real fast . Other than the power going out and a few downed tree limbs everything is fine around here.

Unfortunately the weather forecast is calling for more rain/storms .

http://www.newson6.com/Global/catego...&nav=menu682_3
Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I am glad you are all ok, James. How did the move go? Everything all settled in and put away?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Tom that's a real bummer that you can't make it. Are you sure I can't drive up there to fly Wiggy with you? I would bring her back with me and handle the shipping, all you will have to do is fly.

I'll be at the Unclub Saturday morning until around noon. The Kite Festival is this Saturday but there are plenty of fields around there to choose from.

How about Jim?
I really appreciate the offer James but I just don't know when I'll get time to do it. I'm trying o get a house finished to get it on the market, I've got a bunch of work to do for a company I contract with and 3 bazillion other projects that need to be done as well.

I do plan on getting down to T Town to fly with you guys later though.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
I am glad you are all ok, James. How did the move go? Everything all settled in and put away?
The move went fine. The hangar is all set up and things are slowly but surely getting back to normal.

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I really appreciate the offer James but I just don't know when I'll get time to do it. I'm trying o get a house finished to get it on the market, I've got a bunch of work to do for a company I contract with and 3 bazillion other projects that need to be done as well.

I do plan on getting down to T Town to fly with you guys later though.
Well, before Wiggy gets sent on I will check with you one more time to make sure there's not a chance you can squeeze in a quick flight.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hey folks,
Sounds like ya'll are doin' good..... Movin' and getting property ready to sell is a tough chore fer sure...
Old 05-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Man -- today was perfect for flying in Tulsa. I got three flights in at the Unclub. Where is Wiggy now? Is she in Tulsa?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Man -- today was perfect for flying in Tulsa. I got three flights in at the Unclub. Where is Wiggy now? Is she in Tulsa?
It sure was, got about 10 - 12 flights in yesterday morning at the Unclub, after watching James try water sports with his Supercub, a couple flights at home then flying at Heller Park late yesterday evening.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

talk about extended leave
Old 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Just an update. I am not trying to be like the kid in Ireland and kidnap Wiggy. The weather has been awful here. There have been some nice days and I got Wiggy out to fly her and ran into a problem. The firewall screw on the right side has broken part of the firewall so when I ran the motor, the prop was hitting the fuselage and making an awful racket. Then I checked the prop and it is cracked at the hub. I certainly don't want to lose a blade in flight. That would be really bad.

She really needs a new firewall, but I don't have the proper ply to make a new one, so perhaps someone on down the line can do so. I believe I have the screw set enough to allow her to fly for the time being. I ordered four new props from Atlanta Hobby and they should be here today. I will install one and pt the other three in the box. The sun is trying to come out but unfortunately the forecast is not so good.

I was able to take Wiggy to the local paper yesterday and got photos made and had an interview with a reporter I have known for years. The story is supposed to be in a special magazine section in the next week or so. We covered Wiggy and SQuiRT both, so I hope it is a good story. I asked James to emphasize RC as a hobby rather than me personally, so we shall see what comes out.

They were impressed with where Wiggy has been and the journey she has taken. They got photos of the signatures on the wings and the country decals on the bottom of the wings.

So don't lose hope. It is just that spring weather is not good here.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by benovisoff View Post
talk about extended leave
Was someone talking about extended leave?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Hi Jim,

I sympathize with your weather issues......It is like a Hurricane here outside right now!
No flyin' for me either.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Jim -- I have plenty of aircraft plywood. Just get her to Tulsa and James and I will take care of the rest -- we are a pretty good team.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

someone is ireland tried to take wiggy!?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Originally Posted by benovisoff View Post
someone is ireland tried to take wiggy!?
neglected to send her on to the next pilot may be a nicer way to put it.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

That was a long time ago. I know Jim, and will vouch for him.

(As if he needs anyone to vouch for him -- especially me!).
Old 05-23-2010, 06:29 PM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

maybe he was too drunk. lol
Old 05-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Son of Paleface
Ozzie Express Wiggy Pilot

OAKLAHOMA.............where the wind comes right before the rain......la la la...and the.........la la la......

Quick Reply: Project Globetrotter Mission

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17085 seconds with 13 queries