Flap inhibit problem - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flap inhibit problem

Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RTA

Default Flap inhibit problem

Tx DX7s. I want to use aux1 which I understand is the flap switch to turn on and off a stabilizer unite. I can't get past the inhibit on the Tx. About 2 years ago I used the Flap switch programed with the ailerons and it works fine on# 3 plane. I have tried other planes and no planes and still can not get past the inhibit or open the control. On the #3 plane I can make any changes I need.
What am I missing or not doing to open the inhibit. Can't even get a ring around inhibit. This should be simple but I have tried to find the secret for two days.
HELP Ron
Old 08-11-2016, 10:40 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Ran into a similar issue with the DX-18

Clear memory, do the programming function that you are having issues with, then the rest of programming.

Activating one function can disable access to something else, so the order you do your programming matters.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:54 PM
AndyKunz
Spektrum Dev Team

Originally Posted by RTA View Post
Tx DX7s. I want to use aux1 which I understand is the flap switch to turn on and off a stabilizer unite. I can't get past the inhibit on the Tx. About 2 years ago I used the Flap switch programed with the ailerons and it works fine on# 3 plane. I have tried other planes and no planes and still can not get past the inhibit or open the control. On the #3 plane I can make any changes I need.
What am I missing or not doing to open the inhibit. Can't even get a ring around inhibit. This should be simple but I have tried to find the secret for two days.
HELP Ron
Go to the Switch Select screen. Set all the switches to INH first.

Now select the switch you want and assign it to the desired channel.

Andy
Old 08-16-2016, 02:33 AM
RTA

Default Flap inhibit problem

Thanks for the response. My original questions was not clear due to my lack of knowledge . Sorry. Now more information on my problem. Lots of help with the info. I had & on this web site and all gave up.What I have is a DX7s Tx and a Orange
RX7S V2 (V2.1 Firmware) stabilizer from Hobby King. It is installed using wing type of normal wing and normal tail. Tx controls work all 3 controls normally. The 3 Axis gyro (stabilizer) under test moves the controls in the correct direction. Now my problem. I am unable to turn the stabilizer off or on via the aux channel as stated on the web site. I need directions on a
etc on how to make it work.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:04 AM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

typically the stabilizer uses one of the aux channels to control on/off or mode if multiple modes are possible.

If its on a 2 position switched channel you'll just have on or off.
3 position is generally used for 1: on, high gyro effect 2: on, low gyro effect, 3: off.

Depends on the model and user preference as to which channel controls the gyro. I tend to put it on channel 7 and use a 3 position switch. (I can assign which switch controls which channel)

I'm not familiar with your gyro... so I can't help with any programming of the gyro itself.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Most gyros operate on Channel settings +100 , 0 , -100
with Off being 0 (switch in the middle)