updated fms cessna dual rates and expo - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

updated fms cessna dual rates and expo

Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
dazman03

Default updated fms cessna dual rates and expo

just purchased the updated fms cessna 182 .and I'm using the spectrum dx6i, just wondering if anybody that has flown this model has some dual rate and expo suggestions, i wont be doing any aerobatics as I love scale flying just some good curcuits and touch and goes so I can practice my landings.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Expo is a very personal thing. You have to experiment. Go to 20% and try it. Feel too soft? Back off. Still to responsive? Add a little more.

Do one surface at a time.

> Dual Rates and Exponential Explained
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/vbgl...howentry&id=26

Last edited by AEAJR; 05-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:29 PM
startazz

Yep AERJR is right as some people might use a little some a lot of Expo and others none at all.

I know i use a different amounts of expo for different planes,on most of my Durafly warbirds from hobbyking i only use about 25/30% but on the Durafly Vampire which is an EDF i use a bit more (35/40%),most of my EDF's i will use more Expo than i do my warbirds but i also have a couple of models i don't use any at all.

So i guess it's down to the person what he/she likes and for what plane as i've said above.
I've read on some forums someone with the same plane as me likes a lot of expo and i don't but on another plane i like a lot but they don't.

It's down to you to find what your happy with,i tend to put a bit more in than i think i might want and then dial it down/up until i'm happy.

Just play around with it until your happy.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

I have the Airfield version which I think might be the same as FMS. It was a little twitchier than I thought it would be. Went with 40 a /30e /20 r and that combo seemed to work out pretty well. Might not need as much on the ailerons.

I also experimented with just using dual rates alone. No expo. Not very good. Does yours have flaps? My 6EX doesn't allow me to incrementally control the servos. Full flaps or no flaps.

Best,

Hawk
Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
dazman03

thanks guys for all your info, pretty new to this forum stuff is been fantastic to use its just like a phone call to a mate but the whole hobby world can answer your question . i'm going to try and maiden the Cessna in the next week or so with some of the suggested rate and I'll adjust accordingly. startazz that was interesting about the edf jets i have the f4u panther that haven,t flown yet either so i,ll do the rate on that as well. dahawk my Cessna does have the flaps. any way thanks again i,ll keep you all posted.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:03 PM
dazman03

i saw the vamp review in the last issue of rcm&e looks fantastic how does she fly