Anyone Thinking about going Solar for their Home - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Anyone Thinking about going Solar for their Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2019, 09:50 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Lightbulb Anyone Thinking about going Solar for their Home

I wish I would have seen this Video before I went with solar on my Home, This video just came out recently, I did not know a lot about solar and I studied what ever info i could get my hands on, Anyway I did go with solar after all, and the sales man was pushing a 95% solar system, meaning 95% of my electricity needs would come form solar, Yea Right, I wanted a system that was 125% of my needs so that I would not have to pay the electric company and would recieve some money back at the end of the year for generating more electricity than i used, well I got talked into a 95% system and I am Pissed off, at the end of the year I had to pay edison $920.00 that I was not expecting in electricity that I was using and it was showing on the bill but it was well hidden on page 5 I Had 8 more solar panels added to my Home, and that gives me a 112% system, 12% more than what i will be using, I am still ahead of the Game, the first system lease is $100.00 per month and the second system lease system is $49.00 a month, so my Electric Bill is about $150.00 per month, the average electric bill in my area is $200 to 300 per month.
My advice to anyone if they do go solar, is to get a 125% solar system and dont let the sales person talk you into any thing less than that, If they do try to sell you a smaller system, show them the Door and tell them to get the He!!! out of here LOL