Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight) - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight)

Old 12-20-2005, 12:04 AM
atlav8r
DJ at RCRN

Default Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight)

We got in the new Mini Ultra Stick a few days ago and I have to say this plane is going to be a lot of fun.

The Quality is just superb and it looks just like a small version of the other 3 ultra Sticks that have been real winners with both Glow and electric fans. One unique featue I see is the ability to fly it with split Ailerons and flaps or just full span ailerons. If you have a computer radio you can make it a 4 servo wing and/or jst fly it with full span aileros too.

It comes with 2 motor mounts, one for stick and one for Outrunners.
Hats off tothe folks atE-Flight, You have a winner here.
http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=5988

Good Winds!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 AM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

We would have gotten ours on Friday too but the ice storm took out power. Been closed for three days. That's gonna leave a mark.

Still have a box floating around with one airplane on it. Hope they find it

We didn't have internet at our store when we left this evening. But found it on when we got home. Yeah.

We were going through one today. Can't wait for the 480's to come in. That will go on ours.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Twmaster

I was really looking forward to one of these but after my poor experience with the Cessna 182 I doubt I'll buy anything E-Flight again for a while.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 AM
atlav8r
DJ at RCRN

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
I was really looking forward to one of these but after my poor experience with the Cessna 182 I doubt I'll buy anything E-Flight again for a while.
Wow! I have been getting great feedback on the 182 but the Ultrastick is a balsa plane and in a totally different class of plane.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 AM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

That is totally true. The ultra stick is in the Mini Funtana and Mini Edge 540 class. Not foam. It is an airplane that every flyer will have either in glow, gas or electric at one time in their flight career.

A stick it the ultimate. I fly a 120 size with a bryson gas. I love it. I don't expect the mini to have many flaws.

Haven't built one. Frankly, only seen 2 people maybe three with complaints on the Cessna?. I may be wrong. Been out of the loop a week.

The cessna looks good in the boxes that I have opened and have had no complaints only read them here.

Take a look at the Mini Ultra. It is a "FINE" looking arf as I expect it will be a "FINE" flyer.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

i am very interested in this plane. i couldn't stop looking at it in school today in my horizon catalog. it looks like a winner. hopefully i will earn enough money this summer to get it and the 450 outrunner. it looks like it would be very fun to fly.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Twmaster

Well I tried to reply to this thread an hour or so ago but my laptop kept locking up.

Anyways, yes there are a couple of us unhappy with our Cessna kits. I am glad that Cliff and the Hicks Clan have happy customers.

As for the MUS I looked at one in my LHS this evening (While cooling off from being angry at my laptop) and I have to say it looks very very nice. I will likely get one in spite of my poor experience with the Cessna.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:44 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

have you flown the cessna yet, Twmaster? whats the retail on the MUS?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:48 AM
Twmaster

No I have not flown the Cessna yet. Every time I get back to working on it I get pissed off at it and have to put it down.

MAP on the Mini Ultra Stick is $89.95 and that is the price my LHS had it at.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:06 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

you know, Mike, you could always just send it to me haha. thats not a bad price. my LHS gives everyone good deals, so if i buy the BL motor system with it, i will have the package deal for a fair price. would the park 400 inrunner 5100Kv be as good as the 450 outrunner?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 AM
Twmaster

Sorry Losi but that ain't gonna happen!

As for the inrunner vs. outrunner I couldn't say. I'm still new to BL motors. The nice thing about the MUS is that it comes with the firewalls and a mount to do either kind of motor. I personally like outrunners due to the simplicity factor. No gearbox to wear out etc.

Oh and one little thing I have been meaning to mention. My Slow Stick is named Porky. Got it's name because it is heavy at 18.5 ounces.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

wow! that is one heavy SS! is it BL and lipo? why so heavy? i named mine annalisa after my GF.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

o ya, i have about 4 GWS gearboxes to wear out. BRING THE BL ON!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Twmaster

Originally Posted by losi24 View Post
wow! that is one heavy SS! is it BL and lipo? why so heavy? i named mine annalisa after my GF.
BL with standard size servos and 8 cell NiMH. More details of it's daring doo in the BL slow stick thread.

OK, so if Annalisa is your GF who are 'Stacy' and 'Jericka'? <kidding!>
Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

lol. i couldn't think of anything for the BN2, so i thought of one of my friends, hence Stacy, and Jericka is a really hot friend back in idaho that i never got to go out with i'm using a 8C Ni-MH and i really want lipo. im sick of charging for 45 minutes and getting 7 minutes of "fun" time
Old 12-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by losi24 View Post
you know, Mike, you could always just send it to me haha. thats not a bad price. my LHS gives everyone good deals, so if i buy the BL motor system with it, i will have the package deal for a fair price. would the park 400 inrunner 5100Kv be as good as the 450 outrunner?
I just got a MUS. I'm running a Park 400/4200 in a 6.6 to 1 GB. I ran this set up in my Mini Funtana. I prefer outrunners, but this motor was there looking for a home.

CTD
Old 12-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Twmaster

OK, so don't make us wait....Howz it do?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 AM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Very nice looking, but there are so many variations of the Ultra Stick as there are of the P-51, I'll have to pass on this one.:o

EDIT: After reading the two flight reports by crash, I must confess that I am hopelessly hooked on the MUS too.

I must get me one, period.

Last edited by qban_flyer; 12-24-2005 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Change of mind

Old 12-20-2005, 06:54 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

i'm with Twmaster on this one. how does she fly!? get some action pics and a vid if possible!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

It's been -1 and the feels like temp is -17 around here for the last week. Winds also have been very gusty. I just finished her 5 min ago. No flaps on this one yet, it requires a 7 chanel and a EBC. I don't have either rite now. I'm going to try her tomorrow, weather permitting. I'll let you know.

CTD
Old 12-22-2005, 12:26 AM
crast test dummie
Batteries not included!!!

FLIGHT REPORT.....

She was harder to handle on the ground than my Mini Funtana but I got her up in the air. All she needed was a little down trim and some right alieron. Trimmind out pretty good. I set the set the CG at 57mm. I flew her around a bit, rolls were pretty good. Then after about 6 passes the spur gear stripped AUGH!!!! At least I thought the gear stripped. I was flying in a new home sub-division that has all the roads in but no homes as of yet. Landing on the road is the only option the other area's are rough dirt clumps. When I lost power I had the wind at my tail, it was about 8 MPH [per local air ports web site]. She came in pretty fast and to the left of the runway [street] I tweaked her to the right and dropped her on the street. The MUS rolled out a good 25 ft after touch down.

I found my GB had broke where the park 400 was screwed to it, I might be able to glue it the spur gear didn't look too bad cause it seperated from the pinion when the box broke, however I think I'm going with a Outrunner. I can tell it will be a sweet flyer, It will be even cooler once I recover from X-Mas and can up grade to flaps. I'm not sure about the CG setting, the flight was too short, and hair raising. Dead stick is isn't my favorite way to land a new plane LOL.

CTD
Old 12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Thanks for the report. Have you flown a glow stick and how does it compare? I feel by looking at it, it will have the same fantastic flight characteristics as it's bigger counterparts. We are going to put e-flite's new 480 outrunner on it.

Flaps are cool.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:53 AM
crast test dummie

Originally Posted by debhicks View Post
Thanks for the report. Have you flown a glow stick and how does it compare? I feel by looking at it, it will have the same fantastic flight characteristics as it's bigger counterparts. We are going to put e-flite's new 480 outrunner on it.

Flaps are cool.
I have only Electric planes, so I havn't flown a gas stick. With the short flight time and the scary dead stick landing, I really can't give much feed back. My buddy has a park 450 motor that he is going to loan me so I can see how it flys. I have a 2816/0890 KV Himax to put on her however I'm waiting for a part to come in. I would like to try the flaps, but Santa has me broke. So, I'll have to wait to get the BEC, 4 cell receiver pack and xtra servos.

CTD
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Oh. Well keep us posted. I will take ours home tonight and start building it. I really an excited. My husband had a 60 size and wore that plane out. He loved it. With the exception of having to beef up the tail section he never had problems with it.

He likes lots of power. Tends to overpower as with a cap he has. Looks like it fly's well with the 450.

We are going to use our 2100 lipos. The radio is the quandry. He really wants to put the new spectrum (just got restocked today) in this one but will be limited on the flaps. Next choice is the Multiplex (evo12) His newest ride.

I didn't fly his stick before but I will this one.

I can't wait to see others video's on this. I think that those who are stick enthusiast will be tickled with this one.

We'll see.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:59 PM
crast test dummie

Default More flights to sort her out!

Since my last post I have flown it 3 more X. I was having trouble with the elevator not returning to center position. This was only on down input. If i go up on the elevator it returns to center fine. I'm going to pull the CR out and try to work on making the exit hole a little bigger, it seems real tight there. I put a drop of light oil on the rod and it helped but it isn't perfect yet.

Other than that she seems to be a sweet flyer. Debbie I can't wait to hear how the flaps work for your hubby. I did have some damage from my dead stick landing that wasn't apprent at 1st. I bent one of the wheel axle's. No biggie, fixed in a jiffy!!

CTD

Quick Reply: Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14968 seconds with 11 queries