RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FSFLY Ti8 2.4Ghz DMSX 8 channel Radio

Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 AM
Santonie

Smile FSFLY Ti8 2.4Ghz DMSX 8 channel Radio

Hi everyone,
Ive recently got back into flying & been out of it for about 15yrs, so things have changed a bit to say the least......
I recently purchased this FSFLY Ti8 2.4Ghz DMSX 8 channel Radio ,my mate has a simlar one but made by ORX & its a 6 channel.
We set a plane up yesterday and things went all funny like.....motor running on & off by itself, servos over running to max turn and real weird type of behaviour from it.
We changed over to my mates ORX Radio and it was fine, his worked as it should.
So we swapped the AR6100 Rx out & put in the ORX one my mate had, and then it worked fine, so we thought ok its the Rx.
Today I turned it on to set things up properly & its started doin funny buggers again.
Has or does anybody know whats happening as im new to this 2.4ghz stuff & I thought its meant to be better!!!!!
Thanks Guys
Old 09-21-2020, 07:47 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Did you bind the receiver?
That kind of behavior usually means there is no received signal from the transmitter.

It may be you have a bad receiver.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:21 AM
Santonie

Thumbs up

Hey mate ,
Thanks for the reply....
Yeah we did bind it all ok, and we tried 3 different Rx's & same issue .
We think its a faulty Radio, im gunna send it back, someone else had similar issues and it was the Radio......
Thanks If they swap it over i'll let yous know how it goes.......
Old 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Hope they take care of you.
Hard enough flying these things even with a good radio, but a bad one makes it terrible.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Santonie

Yeah exactly mate that what I said to them, I hope it was a typo but they said yesterday we'll give you 15usd bucks back ; /
I go Arrrrrrrh No I payed 119Aud for it so you can send a replacement one or refund the 119Aud Thanks
Are they serious, This thing is unuseable im not using a stuffed radio bugger that.....; (
Old 09-24-2020, 04:07 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Where did you get that radio Santonie? In OZ or elsewhere?
Old 09-24-2020, 07:40 AM
Santonie

Hey mate,
I got it off that Banggood site, It looks identical to my JR 9X but 2.4Ghz and it dosnt work either......
Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

OK Banggood have always come good with me. Just send them a pic of the TX and RX and an explanation and they should come up with a solution. Tell them your technician mate says it is faulty. If you used Paypal they pay to return it.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 AM
Santonie

I sent them a video of whats happening as they requested and all they were going to offer is 20Aud back , they want me to take it to a shop to get it fixed and they will pay for it, but all hobby shops around us closed down yrs ago, theres nothing for miles......
Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Sh%$#&t, Makes it bloody hard doesn't it. Maybe tell them that nobody wanted to look at it.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Santonie

Yeah it does man, you just expect new gear to just work hey, obviously thereís no Quality Control, not happy about it😩
Old 09-25-2020, 02:04 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a radio do strange things.
In 1972 I built a Heathkit 8ch RC radio system, I had my FCC 2nd class license by then so I knew what I was doing.
The radio preformed great for many years.
Heathkit received a bad bunch of batteries, and they would sometimes putout sort of a static signal along with the 9.6v, like the hash you might hear when an old AM radio was off channel. (like white noise)
That would cause the signal on the old AM type transmitter to carry the noise also.
I found what was happening by putting my radio on the lab equipment at my old school, the instructor let me test it with an expensive storage type oscilloscope they had.
I put new batteries in mine, and had no more static along with the battery voltage. End of problem.
The new radios use voltage regulators and much different designs so you should not have had that problem, but it did make servos jitter a little.

I agree that $15 or $20 credit is not customer service, it's almost like bending over so they can kick you.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:09 AM
Santonie

Yeah they ended up coming back with $88 bucks back which was better than 20, Still! I have a radio I cant use unless I find someone that can fix them, I did put brand new batteries in it as I thought that could cause issues too
Iíll try & hunt someone down who fixes this sort of gear when we can go out....

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a radio do strange things.
In 1972 I built a Heathkit 8ch RC radio system, I had my FCC 2nd class license by then so I knew what I was doing.
The radio preformed great for many years.
Heathkit received a bad bunch of batteries, and they would sometimes putout sort of a static signal along with the 9.6v, like the hash you might hear when an old AM radio was off channel. (like white noise)
That would cause the signal on the old AM type transmitter to carry the noise also.
I found what was happening by putting my radio on the lab equipment at my old school, the instructor let me test it with an expensive storage type oscilloscope they had.
I put new batteries in mine, and had no more static along with the battery voltage. End of problem.
The new radios use voltage regulators and much different designs so you should not have had that problem, but it did make servos jitter a little.

I agree that $15 or $20 credit is not customer service, it's almost like bending over so they can kick you.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:59 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

Are you in Vic Santonie?
Old 09-26-2020, 11:19 PM
Santonie

Yeah I am mate,