The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club - Page 402 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 AM
USMC_VTOL_Mech

Hobbycity_PwnsME

The GWS FW 190 is a outstanding flyer and retracts and split flaps are entirely doable
Here is a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	planes and stuff 205.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	123852   Click image for larger version

Name:	planes and stuff 207.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	123853   Click image for larger version

Name:	planes and stuff 208.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	123854   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb-IMG_5863.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	123855  
Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by HobbyCity_PwnsME View Post
Hey Steve or Ray,

Have you guys measured the amp draw for the HXT900s? I was concerned since the P 38 has 7 of them. Did a quick test and I came up with varying numbers, anywhere from 400-650 mah each (applying resistance with my fingers.. etc).

I have a UBEC on it that provides 4amps but I'm thinking of switching it up to the 7amp UBEC.

Reason I ask is it seemed rather high and I thought my meter needed to be calibrated.
yes, you are quite correct, I've hear of 650mah per servo...

be glad your not using hs65's... They draw up to 1.2amps each at stall...

With 7, I'd definately change to the 7amp bec... Castle also has a 10amp one that's pretty cheap...

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Lookin good, using the same powertrain as my Mini Kaos should give comparable speed and power (Drive calc shows---approx 20oz torque and 60-65mph @ 200W).....although the Cosmos wing LE is a mite thicker so speed MAY BE down a hair in trade for more lift (more lift = more drag).
Boy they sure don't give a guy much room in the fuse to stick the radio gear LOL
With all the wing area this plane has, it should be very friendly and maneuverable

if run times are close then my 7min timer for the Kaos should be good......using about 60% of capacity.
Don't worry Ray, if you run out of room, there's plenty of area in the wings to put the esc, rx and stuff....LOL

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 01:54 AM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

Originally Posted by USMC_VTOL_Mech View Post
Hobbycity_PwnsME

The GWS FW 190 is a outstanding flyer and retracts and split flaps are entirely doable
Here is a pic of mine
Killer Butcher Bird!

It's amazing how some of these GWS kits can turn out. I dig the retracts..

The 109 and 190 are some of my favorite warbirds.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 AM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
yes, you are quite correct, I've hear of 650mah per servo...

be glad your not using hs65's... They draw up to 1.2amps each at stall...

With 7, I'd definately change to the 7amp bec... Castle also has a 10amp one that's pretty cheap...

SK
I have a couple of those 7.5a ubecs I may use. It would be cheap insurAnce and if I'm going to crash the p38 I'd rather it be my fault
Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

I have a couple of those 7.5a ubecs I may use. It would be cheap insurAnce and if I'm going to crash the p38 I'd rather it be my fault
yup, better safe than sorry... and $20 to keep that plane safe is good insureance...LOL

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 AM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

yup, better safe than sorry... and $20 to keep that plane safe is good insureance...LOL

SK

I just need to find a Chong-BEC.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Slip23us
Cool Member

Default Geebee

Dennis.. you're going calc crazy...!

That GEEBEE is just a dwfoamie GEEBEE , then i flew it today and broke the prop it was really windy ,, Then i got pissed Steve helped me build it too ,,
Old 03-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!

Don't worry Ray, if you run out of room, there's plenty of area in the wings to put the esc, rx and stuff....LOL

SK
hehe, yeah

RE: Cosmos flight.......maybe, saturday is out but sunday.......we'll see. It'll definitely be ready.

Nice 190! Although those miniature pics are quite a teaser....hahaha
--Ray
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 AM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

Originally Posted by Slip23us View Post
That GEEBEE is just a dwfoamie GEEBEE , then i flew it today and broke the prop it was really windy ,, Then i got pissed Steve helped me build it too ,,

Oh wait.. i remember you flying it... cool little plane.

I have this one I need to build soon.. probably won't fly it anytime soon since it's up there on the difficulty scale for me.

Name:	geebee25_3.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	123870  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

not to worry, $2 worth of blue foam, and We've still got the templates around.. plus you have the Template for another one too...

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Oh wait.. i remember you flying it... cool little plane.

I have this one I need to build soon.. probably won't fly it anytime soon since it's up there on the difficulty scale for me.
you would have one of those big geebee's....LOL

I've always like the white/red version of that plane

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 AM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

you would have one of those big geebee's....LOL

I've always like the white/red version of that plane

SK

lol... gf got it for me bc "it's sooo chubby!"
Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Hey, Does anyone know when Phil said he's coming out to IE?

SK
Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Slip23us
Cool Member

Hey Steve is that geebee hard to fly that Chong has ,,, or is it step up diff..
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Slip23us
Cool Member

oh yea y am i up at 430
Old 03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Slip23us
Cool Member

Default Look what I found !!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Wrench66

Thumbs up

oh yea y am i up at 430
Are you messing with that plane? Sometimes that'll get you up..LOL

Pretty cool logo, huh? Thank Steve and Chellie as they had worked together to bring that to us.....some of us made stickers from it (see pic) but they were seriously talking about shirts and jackets at one point. The $$ was a little too high so the project was stalled a couple years ago.

Name:	Flying July 11 09 me & the Wasp.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	123890  
Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Wrench66

Default Cosmos maiden

Well, what can I say......this little plane is so cool
I only had a couple things to button up on it's rebuild last night so I just knocked it out. I took 3 batteries with me to the schoolyard early this morning and let her go. The Cosmos ROG's off of short grass well and has a nice even take off just like I like.One thing is that since this plane has huge ailerons I backed down the rates so the maiden wouldn't be a pucker-fest if she felt the need to be ornery...LOL
Using a Rhino 1000 20c 3s in the narrow fuse, the balance ended up being perfect at approx 30%.....allowing great maneuverability while giving a nice solid flight. Speed is very much on par with the Kaos and both planes fly quite similar to each other with the Cosmos taking the gold for the craziest roll on high rates!! JEEZ..talk about "rolls like a drill" hahaha (Steve you'll love it though...). Slow flight was very friendly and in the third flight I wound up doing a bunch of stall tests and short landings to get a feel for it's behavior at low air speeds. Uneventful......all the landings and even the stall test at altitude with me slowing the plane and holding up elevator to force it into a stall did little to sway my enthusiasm for it....it never dropped a wing Battery took 700mah on recharge after 6min of fast flying.
Flying it at IE should fun.

Gonna do a short thread on it since there's hardly any info on the web about it....some don't-didn't like it but I can't hardly understand why UNLESS a newbie tried to have a go with the aileron rates up full??!!!!!! hehehe.

--Ray

Name:	100_2863.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	123898   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2864.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	123899   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2865.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	123900   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2868.jpg
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	123901  
Old 03-24-2010, 05:17 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I only had a couple things to button up on it's rebuild last night so I just knocked it out. I took 3 batteries with me to the schoolyard early this morning and let her go. The Cosmos ROG's off of short grass well and has a nice even take off just like I like.One thing is that since this plane has huge ailerons I backed down the rates so the maiden wouldn't be a pucker-fest if she felt the need to be ornery...LOL
Using a Rhino 1000 20c 3s in the narrow fuse, the balance ended up being perfect at approx 30%.....allowing great maneuverability while giving a nice solid flight. Speed is very much on par with the Kaos and both planes fly quite similar to each other with the Cosmos taking the gold for the craziest roll on high rates!! JEEZ..talk about "rolls like a drill" hahaha (Steve you'll love it though...). Slow flight was very friendly and in the third flight I wound up doing a bunch of stall tests and short landings to get a feel for it's behavior at low air speeds. Uneventful......all the landings and even the stall test at altitude with me slowing the plane and holding up elevator to force it into a stall did little to sway my enthusiasm for it....it never dropped a wing Battery took 700mah on recharge after 6min of fast flying.

Gonna do a short thread on it since there's hardly any info on the web about it....some don't-didn't like it but I can't hardly understand why UNLESS a newbie tried to have a go with the aileron rates up full??!!!!!! hehehe.

--Ray

That looks like a sweet Plane Ray, Loved your review on it, good job, Take care, Chellie
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

--Ray
Very nice Ray!

Yes.. bring it out this weekend. I'd like to see how fast Steve can get it to roll... snap roll.. flat spin.. low level knife edge.. harrier
Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

I know this is you Ray.

Very ninja...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214076
Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

--Ray
nice cosmos Ray, lov the plane
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
HobbyCity_PwnsME
80's Metal.

I'm 90% done with Zero #3. It should be a tad faster than the last one since this one doesn't have the retract gear and servos and less paint .

I also got a nice little kill stamp!

Name:	jeep.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	123911  
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Wrench66

Smile

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
That looks like a sweet Plane Ray, Loved your review on it, good job, Take care, Chellie
Hi Chellie, been missin flying with you......thanks for the kudos, when ya coming to IE??

Very nice Ray!

Yes.. bring it out this weekend. I'd like to see how fast Steve can get it to roll... snap roll.. flat spin.. low level knife edge.. harrier
Oh believe me, just because I CAN'T 3D does not mean I wouldn't wanna watch Steve throw it around with 125% throws on every surface!!! hahaha, looks like I'll need to move the CG back a bit for THAT action..

I know this is you Ray.

Very ninja...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214076
Dude that was posted Sat night a few hours after I got it home.....I DON'T WORK THAT FAST!!!...hahaha...you're something else

Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
nice cosmos Ray, lov the plane
Thanks James, gonna send that little review to Cermark if they want it....I know the plane's a couple years old but there's very little written about it that I could find anyway.

I'm 90% done with Zero #3. It should be a tad faster than the last one since this one doesn't have the retract gear and servos and less paint .

I also got a nice little kill stamp!
Oh jeez, loving that decal bud! 100% cool.
You bringing Zero " # San" out this week?

Al, you will like this plane setup the way it is

Quick Reply: The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17345 seconds with 24 queries