Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

No altitude Blade CX

Old 09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Shadow

Unhappy No altitude Blade CX

I am experiencing a problem with altitude with my Blade CX. Have replaced both motors, main gear, inner shaft, blades (upper & lower) and checked both batteries and charger. I noticed a decrease in altitude on subsequent battery pacs until it will not even get off the ground. Before this began I had finally adjusted the 4 in 1 so that the nose would stay pointed forward. Prior to that using the trim pots on the xmitter did virtually nothing. By process of elimination I have determined to replace the 4 in 1 as well. Can someone explain what the problem might be? If you feel it's the 4 in 1, please explain how this would affect altitude. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Insomniac

Perhaps the ESC (electronic speed controller) in the 4-in-1 is faulty?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Shadow

Smile Blade CX loss of altitude

Just a note of thanks to those of you who had suggestions on how to solve my altitude problem with Blade CX. As it turns out I recalled reading of a similar problem from a member down in Australia. He claimed that the manufacturer had a produced some faulty lower blades so I examined mine and sure enough they were really soft and pliable, much more so than any other blades I had previously used. After installing a new set the problem was better but still could only get a foot or so off the ground. I had installed an upgraded flybar and noticed that the upper blades were tracking high. After tightening up the linkage my heli took off once more. Thanks to this forum I saved myself the needless expense of a new 4 in 1, and time trying to figure out this problem. Am still shopping for a CP heli and undecided which to go for, but this forum gives me much more confidence in being able to address any future problems thanks to the collective knowledge of forum members!