E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade cp pro 2

Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 AM
briskability
bing bang bop

Default Blade cp pro 2

So whats the deal with the blade cp pro 2, I thought I was coming out in like October. It looks like a good setup for the blade cp's finally, I can stand those tail motors. I havent seen any post on the new blade so I thought i would start one, anybody else want one? what do you think of it?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
bassplayinDude

The CP Pro 2 looks like it still has a tail motor.

Originally Posted by CP Pro 2 Specs
# High-power 370 main motor with heat sink provides brushless-like performance
# Direct-drive N60 tail motor and G110 micro heading lock gyro offer incredibly locked-in tail control
Old 12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
powerlines
I AM NO SHOES!!!

I have not seen this one yet..

you NO Horizon.. They always push the date back.. long before the product gets here..
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
briskability
bing bang bop

Yeah it still has a tail motor but its a direct drive not the piece of crap geared one that always burns out 10 min after you get it. Of course I have not tried it out but hopefully its considerably better.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
powerlines
I AM NO SHOES!!!

WOW. that thing is EXpensive.. and no brushless.. I wood have to go with the 400..

Looks KEWL!!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 PM
briskability
bing bang bop

Not really, its just as expensive as the blade cp, cp+, and cp pro when they all first came out and this one has the direct drive tail motor high power 370 brushed g110 heading lock gyro and 2.4ghz radio system, its the best deal on a blade heli so far if you ask me.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

the 2.4ghz does sweeten the pot
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
briskability
bing bang bop

Does anybody know yet if the included transmitter has more than a 1 model memory and can be used on airplanes.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 PM
briskability
bing bang bop

So no word yet on the TX
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by briskability View Post
So no word yet on the TX
Your best bet might be to contact Horizon Hobby directly and have them answer your Tx question. Neither the Tx (HP6DSM, only used on BCPP2 model) nor the CP Pro 2 is available so only HH would have solid answers for you.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Crashdummie1

I just got mine a week ago! there is no option for programming more than one model on this tx. I just learned to hover in three days on this heli in a 12x12 kitchen. I am a newbie and this is my first cp heli. I was advised NOT to learn on this one. but she handles pretty well."so far"! NICE flying machine!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

Yeah that's the general consensus the blade cp's tend not to be newb learning machines.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Whoami

Originally Posted by vortex05 View Post
Yeah that's the general consensus the blade cp's tend not to be newb learning machines.
I hear that too. But most of the time, they're talking about the CP/+/PRO1.
THe HH gyro and DD tail rotor seem to give the CPP2 good stablility, though I've never flown the older ones.

For us newbies, I could recommend something I did to help stabilize. First, flat bottom blades were recommended to me. Second (and this really helped) add another pair of weights on the flybar. It settles down much more. Third, after your RADD training, don't fly below 2 or 3 feet and the ground effect squirrely behavior is a lot less.
I'm not saying it is better than the 400... But it IS half the price! That was what sold me!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

My BCP gen 1 already has a DD tail it does make a huge difference it's not the same tail on the CPPro 2 series however it's probably just as good.

I've actually found that what helps me is removing all flybar weights. It makes the whole heli react faster which reduces the amount of "prediction" I need to incorporate into my movements.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 AM
WingingIt74

Originally Posted by briskability View Post
Yeah it still has a tail motor but its a direct drive not the piece of crap geared one that always burns out 10 min after you get it. Of course I have not tried it out but hopefully its considerably better.

I've never had one burn out. I got about 10 hours on mine.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 AM
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

yeah mine always lasted for quite a bit the DD tail is more for control
Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
RyuuChi

i went through those old tail motors fast as heck...
Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Whoami

Originally Posted by vortex05 View Post
My BCP gen 1 already has a DD tail it does make a huge difference it's not the same tail on the CPPro 2 series however it's probably just as good.

I've actually found that what helps me is removing all flybar weights. It makes the whole heli react faster which reduces the amount of "prediction" I need to incorporate into my movements.
You'd advise that for a newbie? Even using stock weights, this thing is IMNO (in my nubee opinion) overly responsive. The trouble I have is that the controls are so sensitive that I end up making overcompensation to the drifts, which usually does not result in a soft landing. The extra weights gave my slow-reflex thumbs a chance to undo the overadjustment. Is this something that removing the weights would help as well? If so, tell me and I'll give it a try.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
RyuuChi

i wouldn't. the heli reacting faster is generally bad for a newbie... you want slower, so you have a chance to learn before you have to repair it again.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:42 AM
vortex05
Blade CP, Blade 400

no removing the weights speeds up roll rates and reaction times. my problem is that I would over compensate but the actual result of that compensation would occur slightly slower than I anticipate so the end result is that I just end up occilating it.

I don't use the weights at all now but it's more because I need faster roll rates to recover out of flight errors.

Basically faster roll rate might help once your flying in true fast forward flight and doing banking turns.

It will make it ALOT worse to hover.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
rosko
ROSKO

Build Review Hard to fly

I just bought one a month ago. I have a lot of years of plane & monster truck experience. This is my first heli. I'm on my 5th set of main rotor blades, second tail rotor & 2nd tail motor. Can't get it more than 6 inches up & can't get it trimmed out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

You are correct---they are hard to fly. It really is a lot different than planes.

You might want to try looking at the RADD method. His system of learning is very
logical and if you follow it, you will see success in the end. Too many people just
dive in and try to fly it and end up crashing and then getting frustrated and quit.

Here is a link to the RADD method: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

Originally Posted by rosko View Post
I just bought one a month ago. I have a lot of years of plane & monster truck experience. This is my first heli. I'm on my 5th set of main rotor blades, second tail rotor & 2nd tail motor. Can't get it more than 6 inches up & can't get it trimmed out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Probably the best thing to do is get an experienced heli pilot to trim it out for you. e-Flite is notorious for their preflown craft now flying very well.

Then absolutely follow RADDS - but if you are not a patient man, you will have some personal growth in your horizon!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
rosko
ROSKO

Just went to the RADD site. Some helpful stuff there. Looks like I have some studying to do. I would love to find an experienced pilot to help me train. Not many in my area. Does anyone think that if I would switch to flat bottom blades, it might make it a little less responsive & easier to learn? Need some pros & cons.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

Flat bottom blades will help a bit but I can't say how much. I didn't entertain the thought when I was learning. If you do, you will have a little change over when you go back to regular blades but I don't think the change would be that much.

As far as pilots go, I was in the same predicament. My recommendation is go through some of Finless Bob's videos and learn the ins and outs of what makes them tick. When you can work through the swash on your heli and make sure that it and the pitch is set up correctly, you will be miles ahead. I'll put money on the fact that your heli will be more stable too.

Quick Reply: Blade cp pro 2

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11818 seconds with 13 queries