Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Advice on CX2 Heli Please - Batteries Question

Old 01-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Crash N Burn

Default Advice on CX2 Heli Please - Batteries Question

I'm new to heli's & am loving my Blade CX2. I have a question about the Lipo Battery. It's a 7.4 800mAh. I am wondering if I can use a higher mAh, like a 7.4 1100mAh without causing any problems? Will the charger, charge that battery? Any other battery info would be good also. I plan on calling Horizon Hobby tomorrow just to see what they have to say also. Thanks, CnB
Old 02-14-2007, 03:14 AM
mssample

Same question here. I would love to know what higher mAh batteries work with the CX2, if any. Would the motors overheat with the increased flight time?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Tibroc

Originally Posted by Crash N Burn View Post
I'm new to heli's & am loving my Blade CX2. I have a question about the Lipo Battery. It's a 7.4 800mAh. I am wondering if I can use a higher mAh, like a 7.4 1100mAh without causing any problems? Will the charger, charge that battery? Any other battery info would be good also. I plan on calling Horizon Hobby tomorrow just to see what they have to say also. Thanks, CnB
I am sure Horizon will tell you not to use anything higher than 800mAh.
I sell a battery that I had made just for the cx or cx2 heli it fits perfect and you get a little more power out of it. it is 7.4V 850 mAh 15c We have tested it over 3 month now and it works great. You also use your stock cx or cx2 charger. I would not use any other charger. And the price is far less than the stock battery. There is also a lot of info on Li-Po batteries that you should know. www.cx2parts.com
Happy flying,
Steve
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
redgiki

You can also find what seems to be an identical battery at: http://www.xushobby.com/servlet/Detail?no=227

I have no affiliation with them other than picking up a couple of these batteries a few months ago. The E-Flite batteries are really very marginal for the CX2 and tend to die after only 30-50 flights. These batteries seem to last much better. And no, the heli gets no hotter from the better batteries; the main effect on flight characteristics is that you can hold a hover with a lower throttle setting, and climb rates are much improved.

My CX2 charger, though, would not correctly balance-charge the batteries. One was always low. Be sure to check your batteries from time to time with a multimeter to make sure the charger is doing its job. I threw away the E-Flite charger because it led to such large imbalances.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Darian

Originally Posted by redgiki View Post
You can also find what seems to be an identical battery at: http://www.xushobby.com/servlet/Detail?no=227

I have no affiliation with them other than picking up a couple of these batteries a few months ago. The E-Flite batteries are really very marginal for the CX2 and tend to die after only 30-50 flights. These batteries seem to last much better. And no, the heli gets no hotter from the better batteries; the main effect on flight characteristics is that you can hold a hover with a lower throttle setting, and climb rates are much improved.

My CX2 charger, though, would not correctly balance-charge the batteries. One was always low. Be sure to check your batteries from time to time with a multimeter to make sure the charger is doing its job. I threw away the E-Flite charger because it led to such large imbalances.
On the xushohhy.com site it shows these batteries for the CX2. Does the CX and CX2 use the same batteries?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

CX and CX2 use the same batteries. the DNpower 900mah 10C batteries supposedly work very well as do the DNpower 850mah 15C. 1100 is probably to big and will weigh to much.