rollcall where located and weather report - Page 72 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

rollcall where located and weather report

Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 AM
drobin

What's AC
Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 AM
dirt4dinner
Which way is it going?

Well let's see....how can I explain this?

Um...it's like your outside, but on the inside....and controlled....oh yeah without snow! So, open all your windows and pretend it's super hot out, but now cold inside.

Or, go outside and look in at the fire place...it's like that but backwards. I guess it's an Arizona thing....

Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Default I,ll take some

Originally Posted by dirt4dinner View Post
Arizona... 70 degrees 2-5 mph wind.

You guys can rub it in my face in August when you can go outside and play and I am huddling with the A/C vent in the house.
Well i will take some of that weather right now it would sure save me a bundle on heating
bills this winter.
19deg F here this morning and windy.
Enjoy your 70deg weather while you can.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
thomdoe

Az. in August..... best place on earth ! AC bah hum bug who needs it, 3 years and I make my move to Az.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace

Heck I moved to Florida to get away from the cold and snow.
It was a lovely(?) 29 degrees this morning with a high of 55.
At least it didn't snow, so I gues one out of two ain't bad.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 AM
50+AirYears
Super Contributor

My wife and son think I'm nuts, but I am more comfortable outside in the winters here in Northern Ohio than I am in the 100+ weather in the summers down South. Or even here. I can dress for the cold, and I have in both the AF and at my former job had fun working outside in REAL cold, windy, snowy winters in Central Missouri, Kansas, the UP, and Northern Sweden. I am not sure how I survived 18months in North Africa (edge of the Sahara Desert). Someplace I actually have a picture of me without a jacket, on frozen Lake Harvanan in Sweden, temperature -20C, crawling under a Peterbilt to cage the rear bogey spring brakes. Very comfortable. And since I had a small stroke, hot weather doesn't just make me weak and uncomfortable, but I now have a problem with coordination and balance in anything aove about 80*F. I sometimes in hot weather find that I need to land the planes after 10 or 12 minutes and sit in the shade of our club shelter for 15 or 20 minutes. Don't need to do that in Winter. Scares me that I may have to give up Free Flight competition in July and August.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Hey there 50+ welcome back to the north where we have nice 19deg. weather this
morning and a little wind to chill it off a bit.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

Default Tallahassee

17 degrees this morning here in the Deep South!!! My "Heat Pump" can't find any heat to pump! I expect my next utility bill will be SCARY. I'm huddled up at work with a warm computer! HA! No flying for me today.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 AM
scatsob

Prescott AZ. Its been 50 degrees and sunny with not a lick of wind for a few weeks now, absolutely beautiful flying weather. I love the high desert in winter!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM
BradT
Scale Nut Loves Biplanes!

Wow, Glacier Girl, I'm a couple thousand km NE of you, in the Fraser Valley area of B.C., Canada, and my last few days have been the same temp as yours! In fact the overnight low hasn't been below freezing in about a week. We're only 2 weeks away from the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies, and the only snow at sea level here was an inch or 2 several weeks ago, that lasted about 2 days before the rain washed it away. The alpine areas where the events will take place have lots of the white stuff, though, so we're good to go.
Brad.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
jeholliday

Well I sit here at the computor this morning as the weather people scared the school administration into canceling school again. I could understand it this morning with the 6 inches of snow we got. Yesterday the first day of cancelation it was 17F. 13 degrees warmer than the day before. The snow didn't start until late afternoon. Anyway the weather people caused me to lose a days pay. DOC Holliday
Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

I missed out flying on a great day 36C with a light breeze.
Tomorrow is going to be worse could get into the low +40C.
If theres no wind Ill slip ,slop ,slap and the rest and go flying .
There have be so many days with strong winds this summer and I have only been able to fly one day.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
cherokee

Here in the middle of the US it is now 7...yep 7...and the wind is blowing at about 30mph or so. But they said on the news we were going to be at a high of about 3 or so this weekend...then we will start the warm up next week...going to hit the mid 30's...time for the speedos.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
jeholliday

Originally Posted by Huffy01 View Post
I missed out flying on a great day 36C with a light breeze.
Tomorrow is going to be worse could get into the low +40C.
If theres no wind Ill slip ,slop ,slap and the rest and go flying .
There have be so many days with strong winds this summer and I have only been able to fly one day.
Keep rubbing it in fellows. Your turn is coming, but then again do you get below 0C in July? Here it will be in 38C most of the time. DOC Holliday
Old 01-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

21deg. here this morning and 0 wind
Got in a flight with the Eagle(real nice)
Got in a flight with the FoamyII Bipe(real nice)
Tried the Foker D7 but the motor would not start.
I will have to look into that.
Later
Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Ed Emmons
Ed

10 degrees and no wind. today is D day. Departing forr sunny Arizonz. Will return in mid April.

ED
Old 01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Well its 11deg.f here this morning and wind of 6mph so that's not too bad,maybe i can get in a flight or two with the Eagle.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Wellcrash enjoy your flight.

Up here it is 3 degrees with a -8 degrees windchill and 6mph wind. Nope not going flying. The pellet stove is going, and it is toasty warm in the house it's a good place to be right now. Have about 1/2 hr. of work and another plane is ready to hit the skies, just not today. Only place global warming is happening is in my house right now.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
jeholliday

If you are traveling across lthe midwest check your roads. I will be in Tuscon in March for the VSC(Vintage Stunt Championships). Some years I wondered why with the icy roads. Have a safe trip. Weather map on the computor says 3F degrees. DOC Holliday
Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
17 degrees this morning here in the Deep South!!! My "Heat Pump" can't find any heat to pump! I expect my next utility bill will be SCARY. I'm huddled up at work with a warm computer! HA! No flying for me today.
Aw, c'mon! Those are the days when you turn your sprinklers on overnight, let it spray into the trees and create neat treesicles!

At least, that's what we used to do. I was living on the west side in '74 when we got 1" of snow!

My mom and I talked last weekend and she complained that she couldn't go out and work in the yard because it was too cold!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 AM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Aw, c'mon! Those are the days when you turn your sprinklers on overnight, let it spray into the trees and create neat treesicles!

At least, that's what we used to do. I was living on the west side in '74 when we got 1" of snow!

My mom and I talked last weekend and she complained that she couldn't go out and work in the yard because it was too cold!
I have a neighbor that did the treesicles thing the past several nights. It's actually quite pretty!

I didn't get here until '85. I understand there was one snow fall in the late '80s I think but I was out of town at the time.

This afternoon would have been good to get out in the yard because is was quite sunny and warmed nicely. It was bitter cold this morning though. 16 when I got up at 5:30 and dipped to 14 before it started warming. My heat pump was completely ice covered this morning. I coaxed it into defrosting and then it tripped the circuit breaker! I should go defrost it before I go to bed though... SIGH. The part is in the mail, hopefully.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:48 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

cold and breezy here it's repair and prevenitive maint season i guess right after christmas
Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 AM
FL RV Flyer

Ocklawaha Florida, just east of Ocala and Silver Springs. Clear and cool, 47 degrees with 6 mph winds. Earlier tonight was too windy to fly my Easy Star, maybe tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:37 AM
SLA14H

Sydney Australia, ht an sunny
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Pappy
Fly Low and Up Side down

north eastern Tennessee cold and wendy

Quick Reply: rollcall where located and weather report

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16058 seconds with 15 queries