Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Best Micro Heli

Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
NismoZ

Default Best Micro Heli

The little sticky-back weights that come in the box just don't seem to be enough. What works for me is a thumb tack somewhere NEAR the nose. My experience is that putting it right into the front of the nose lowers it too much and the thing really takes off, So you will just need to experiment.

I am looking to purchase a micro heli for in house flight. I've been looking at forums and sites about the PiccoZ v3. This seems very popular when you get the nose wieght and trim calibrated...

Then there is the Winner... Haven't seen any reviews on it.
http://www.hobbytron.com/Winner-Full-Function-Cheap-RC-Electric-Helicopter.html

My question is, is PiccoZ the best one under 60 bucks, or is there another that offers better flight?

Are there any under 60 that offer fwd/bwd flight?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
RW650
Heli of a guy

I don't have any experience with the Picco Z, but I picked up a micro heli from the LHS. It's called the Sparc! Aerolite (I posted a thread on it in this forum).
It retails for $64.00 and has forward flight, hovering, and turning capabilities. It's a pretty durable machine, and flies great indoors. Does not fly backwards.
Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SPJ1100-6.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	20205   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPJ1100-7.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	20206   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPJ1100-8T.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	20207   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPJ1100-9.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	20208  
Old 12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

I recieved one for Xmass. It is pretty cool.

Andrew
Old 01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
freshjuice

Originally Posted by RW650 View Post
I don't have any experience with the Picco Z, but I picked up a micro heli from the LHS. It's called the Sparc! Aerolite (I posted a thread on it in this forum).
It retails for $64.00 and has forward flight, hovering, and turning capabilities. It's a pretty durable machine, and flies great indoors. Does not fly backwards.
Good luck!
This is a piece of junk, in my experience.

See my reply to his post in another thread.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
freshjuice

Exclamation Beware Hobbytron

Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
The little sticky-back weights that come in the box just don't seem to be enough. What works for me is a thumb tack somewhere NEAR the nose. My experience is that putting it right into the front of the nose lowers it too much and the thing really takes off, So you will just need to experiment.

I am looking to purchase a micro heli for in house flight. I've been looking at forums and sites about the PiccoZ v3. This seems very popular when you get the nose wieght and trim calibrated...

Then there is the Winner... Haven't seen any reviews on it.
http://www.hobbytron.com/Winner-Full-Function-Cheap-RC-Electric-Helicopter.html

My question is, is PiccoZ the best one under 60 bucks, or is there another that offers better flight?

Are there any under 60 that offer fwd/bwd flight?
P.S. Before you order anything from Hobbytron, you may want to check out resellerratings.com first (http://www.resellerratings.com/store..._Toy_Marketing)

I wish I had. They rank less than 1 out of 10! I lost money by buying from these yayhoos.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 PM
olliegarcia

Originally Posted by freshjuice View Post
P.S. Before you order anything from Hobbytron, you may want to check out resellerratings.com first (http://www.resellerratings.com/store..._Toy_Marketing)

I wish I had. They rank less than 1 out of 10! I lost money by buying from these yayhoos.
Its important to point out that the above mentioned rating is based on 39 lifetime reviews for a company that takes thousands of orders. And I would be willing to bet that it's the people who have bad experiences that are compelled to submit reviews to those sites in the first place as a way to "get back" at them.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
freshjuice

Default Resellerratings

The same system that applies to every other company on resellerratings applies to Hobbytron. The systemwide store average is 7.09 out of 10. Hobbytron is now a 0.56 out of 10. Only legitimate customers can rate on resellerratings...you must put in a valid invoice number. It's why I've come to use it as a trusted source for information.

Newegg, a store I use regularly, has a rating of 9.80 and probably does a much higher overall volume than Hobbytron.

People who have great expereinces put in ratings, as well.

Be my guest, go ahead and take a chance on Hobbytron.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 AM
AdrianT

I was looking for the PicooZ in my local walmart just before xmas and then gave up because they sold out in no time, so I looked up the manufacturers website to find out what's happening.

Since Hobbytron is being mentioned this is worth checking out.....

http://www.silverlit-flyingclub.com/yahoonews.htm
Old 08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

Try the Venom 3D micro. Only about twice the size of the Havoc Heli but fully 3d capable. Sure it's $250 but that's about half the next closest in size that is full collective. I've seen it at LHS as well as a few of the big name mailorder. I have the wants for it, but not flown it yet. LHS said it was pretty stable