Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Rookie Mistake with Thunder Tiger Christen Eagle

Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Shaggy

Default Rookie Mistake with Thunder Tiger Christen Eagle

Well my first flight of the Thunder Tiger Christen Eagle did not go well, perfect night for flying, so up the field I go, few pre-flight checks, start up the motor let her go, nice and straight, so I pull up and band in to the floor all I break is the gear but I was told when I bought it that you can not buy them they only come with the kit what an idiot I am.

Does anyone know if I can get hold of one
Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Sabrehawk

Smile

I doubt you can Shaggy, as I noticed that this plane no longer appears on TT's website. So I imagine parts arent availible either.

But it's just music wire and a piece of about 1/8th plywood with a couple screws so ya should be able to make a new one out the same diameter wire and cut yourself a new piece of wood for the mounting plate.

Yes, I smacked mine like that on it's fifth flight right after take off, I had the battery a tad too far back and so the CG was back as well. So it was trying to hang on it's prop at about 6ft alt. and I flicked the elevator to level it. Heh, I found out just how sensitive that elevator was.

Busted the fuse in two places, and tore out the gear. Was an easy fix though, and it's had many many flights since then, and I've now gotten used to its extreme sensitivity, and have also found the sweet spot for the battery position. Havent had any incidents since either and Im flying it regularlly. I love the way it'll just jump into the air without neeeding to roll on its wheels more than a couple inches at best.
A great deal of fun I tell ya, and friends are amazed that it runs on a 3 cell lipo without burning the motor up. That "Super 370" is one tough motor.