Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Replacement motor for Endoplasma 16T

Old 12-13-2005, 09:30 PM
skyvolt12

Default Replacement motor for Endoplasma 16T

Hi guys
I am in the process of converting a Balsa USA taube which was done buy Greg Covey. What he used was a Endoplasma 16T car motor geared with a GD-600 gear box and a 12T pinion this combo draws about 34 amps which is great, now for the question. Endoplasma motor no longer available does any one know of a replacement motor, that I would be able to use the afore mentioned equipment. Thanks in advance
skyvolt12
Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Are you only willing to stay with brushed or is brushless an option?

Mike
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 AM
skyvolt12

Hi Mike
For the time being it's necessary. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement, I really need it for a spare should the Endo. smoke
Thanks skyvolt.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 AM
phat23
just average........

Greenfield Hobby has the Endo's. They may be out of stock at the moment, but give 'em a call.
http://www.greenfieldnewsandhobby.com/home.html
Old 12-14-2005, 03:04 AM
savydad

The guys on rcg have been searching for a direct replacement for the endo for quite some time. Seems there are no other buggy motors out there that have the same comm/brush combo which is much needed for anything over 8 cells and 35a. The search has pulled up lots of motors, but none have the power or longevity the endo has. If you notice a decrease in power, try visiting one of your local club races (cars/trucks) and ask around to see who might have a comm lathe...this is the best way to restore life into any mod motor. I've been in cars for 15 years, and know guys who have used the same motor for MANY races only truing the comm and changing brushes. The p94 brushes have been determined to fit the brushhoods on the endo, but the real ones are better. A comm stick/brush cleaner will help out too if used after 20-30 flights.

Don't give up on the endo, it will provide for a long time. I've got over 30 flights on mine which was very heavily used when I got it...and Carlos (guapoman2000) has lots on his as well. There's another guy (John) who has over 100 flights on his, and just changed his brushes. It will give a lot of flights if maintained right.

The only other suggestion I have is to look into the orion method r motors at tower, they are $15 at the moment, and about 5/8 the power from a 17t one. I think that going to a 15t motor will yield similar results at just a touch higher amp draw, but longevity has yet to be determined. These have the new round style brushes with more contact, but the comm is still smaller than the endo, its key.

Todd
Old 12-14-2005, 07:03 AM
skyvolt12

HI Phatdad and Savydad, Thanks for the feedback, I just sent a E-mail to the Greenfield web site I hope they have them.
Thanks again, skyvolt