Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

www.trendtimes.com

Old 01-16-2006, 07:04 AM
dogtow
dogtow

Exclamation www.trendtimes.com

i placed $500.00 order told me it would be here in 5 - 7 days
gave me a tracking number
over two weeks already since they took $ out of bank
have not recieved anything & they will not reply to phone calls or emails
Old 01-17-2006, 03:35 AM
thermalfish
thermalfish

Hi,
Here some info from BBB in Tempe, AR on Trend Times, it looks like they have had "issues", you may want to contact them.
Also below, I have the Whois for them. Hope you set it resolved, have you found anything out from UPS.

The Better Business Bureau
4428 N. 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014-4585
602-264-1721
[email protected]

As reflected in the Phoenix BBB on: 01/16/06 at 6:29 PM PST
BBB Reliability Report

This information is not authorized for sales or marketing use.
Oprime Aqu� Para Espa�ol
TREND TIMES
9705 E. Mountain View Road #1135
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

Phone Number: 800-350-5420
Web Site Address: www.trendtimes.com
Membership Status: no
Type of Business: Advertising Agencies & Counselors

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in July of 2003: 44
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 21

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Sales Issues: 2
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Delivery Issues: 18
Resolved: 3; Company did not respond: 14; Unpursuable:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues: 3
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1; Unpursuable:

Product Quality Issues: 10
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 7; Unpursuable:

Refund or Exchange Issues: 2
Unpursuable: 2

Contract Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 5
Company did not respond: 4; Unpursuable: 1

Credit or Billing Issues: 2
Company did not respond: 1; Unpursuable: 1

LICENSING INFORMATION

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

ADDITIONAL TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Additional phone numbers for this company include:
(888) 456-5965.

ADDITIONAL ADDRESSES

Additional addresses for this company include:
9393 N. 90th Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 and 3255 S. Dorsey Lane #2009-B, Tempe, AZ 85282.

REPORT DATE: 01/12/2006

COPYRIGHT DATE: 2006 The Better Business Bureau

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

Whois info for www.trendtimes.com

Registrant:
Trend Times
3255 s dorsey ln#2009B
Tempe, Arizona 85282
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: TRENDTIMES.COM
Created on: 14-Nov-01
Expires on: 14-Nov-06
Last Updated on: 04-Nov-05

Administrative Contact:
Times, Trend [email protected]
3255 s dorsey ln#2009B
Tempe, Arizona 85282
United States
1-888-456-5965 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Times, Trend [email protected]
3255 s dorsey ln#2009B
Tempe, Arizona 85282
United States
1-888-456-5965 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS5.STORE.YAHOO.COM
ST-NS1.YAHOO.COM

Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
dogtow
dogtow

Smile Thank You

Thank You
i hope others see this before they buy there
also see how many complaints www.trendtimes.com has with bbb
Thank You
Old 01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
dogtow
dogtow

Default trendtimes

well i recieved my order from www.trendtimes.com
the products were damaged
i called & sent an email to all there addresses
i think the [email protected] is the one that called me back
i got an rma number and sent it back to them
we will see what they do about the problems
sounded like he is just going to fix the radio transmitter
& replace bent piece
we will see if they send the right camera they told me they were sending
Old 01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
dogtow
dogtow

Default ps

ps he said they are a small buiness and sounded suprised there where
things about them on the internet
Old 01-26-2006, 04:11 PM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Wow wow wow. I think they have problems. All I can say is wow. That is not a good wow either.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

They have been ripping off folks for a long time.

Last edited by Nitro Blast; 05-04-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:15 AM
admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by dogtow View Post
ps he said they are a small buiness and sounded suprised there where
things about them on the internet
Not true..there has been much on this company on RC Universe in the past and they knew about those complaints made there.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
neiklot96

Default trendtimes.com better business bureau report

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trendtimes.com

BBB of the Southland - Web Complaint

Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy
of your complaint.

Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of the complaint. That acknowledgment will also give you
information on how you can track the status of your complaint through our
website.

Complaint Text

I bought $446.88 worth of products from http://trendtimes.com/ and they
all arrived broken. I tried to call their 800 number to get an rma
number o return them and was hung up on by customer service. I called
back the next day and spoke with Peter Wessling who was billigerant on
the phone with me and told me "You are crazy" and "You are pissed off"
and that my products actually did work because he has used these kinds of
products all of the time and has never had any problems with them. I
asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. I
tried to call back and was routed to the answering service who told me
they would call me back. Peter Wessling said the return policy was
printed on every page of the website which is not true. He said they do
not allow refunds but would email me instructions for how to return the
items for an instore credit. He never emailed me back. 08262008.
Resolution Sought: I would like Trend Times to refund my money because
I received no notice of their return policy with my products and was
not alerted of their return policy during my online checkout.
Date Problem Started: 04/23/2008
Date of Transaction: 04/15/2008
Amount in Dispute: $446.88
Invoice Number: 14086
Complaint Type: Guarantee/Warranty
Product or Service: This is the worst customer service I have ever
experienced.

If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the
Complaint Dept. at (909) 825-7280 or email [email protected].

Thank you, Complaint Dept. BBB of the Southland, Inc.

Perhaps your company should give some more thought to your online checkout process which is deliberately deceptive and the operation manuals which come with your products which are unclear and could be the reason for the products being broken immediately. Of course I have never heard of a no return policy. Do you think I would have bought $450 worth of products from your company if I would have known I could not return them if they arrived broken?... all 3 of them? How are the interests of the individual protected by your pretencious ordinances? Your company has no interest in protecting the interests of your potential customers or this information would have been included in your online checkout walk through. And why would I want an in store credit from a company I do not trust? If your company does not stand behind it's own products enough to provide a real return policy upfront then what is the incentive for the potential customer to want to buy any more products from you? If I do not use my in store credit will I lose it? Will you transfer it to a reliable online store like hobbytron.com? All of the products I received from them work great and the directions for operation and battery charging seem to have originated in the english language. You could learn something from them. I will do everything in my power for the rest of my life to make sure the general public knows exactly what happened to me when I purchased $446 worth of products from your store. Stores like yours injure the socio- dynamic fabric of the interent by praying on the unsuspecting masses. They are unsuspecting because they have been conditioned by the ethos that online shopping is safe. Online shopping is safe from stores like hobbytron.com. I will make sure to rate my first time experience with your store in every online hobby blog I can and describe in detail what happened to me. After all, I'm a hobbyist with loads of free time for hobbies. Thank you for making my new hobby to protect the general public against your company. It would probably have been cheaper for you to give me my money back. I will definitely create a yearly reminder for myself in outlook to check to see if you are still in business. I look forward to your demise.

Trend Times Toys <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

You will have a full store credit of the purchase price when we receive them back. If you had the items in front of you, our reps would have been happy to help walk you through them. But you opted not to do that. No hobby stores take returns on helicopters.

Regards,
Samantha Redding
www.TrendTimes.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008
Subject: Re: UPDATE TrendTimes.com Order trendtimes-36513
It is not a matter of not liking the products. They are all defective. The tank barrel does not move up and down, there are no instructions in the manual on how to make it move up and down, the box advertises that it moves up and down. your website advertises that the barrel moves up and down and the manual does not say how long to change the battery which is a potential fire hazard. The ups tracking number for this item is 1zrw18864253555481.

The camera advertised range was 300-500 feet and the actual range was 20 feet. The camera transmitted no video signal with a 9 volt battery. The camera transmitted no audio which was advertised on your site. This is fraud and all of these products are defective. The ups tracking number for this item is 1zrw18864253561385.

The helicopter manual did not say how long to charge the battery which is a potential fire hazard. The helicopter blades did not move at all after a brief 1 hour charge of the battery. The ups tracking number for this item is 1zrw18864220225103.

If you cannot review a recording of the phone call between me and Mr. Peter Wessling yesterday at 2pm est I would sugest that you begin monitoring your employees more closely as they are obvioulsy abusing this unmonitored freedom by badgering customers. Also, I would never have agreed to buy any of these items and give your company $446 if I would have known there was a chance I could not get my money back. I lack the confidence in your company's ability to supply me with any future items as all 3 of these products were defective. I'm sure the police, better business bureau and any future trend time customers would agree with me. I have already spent an additional $70 in shipping these defective products back to you. Please refund my money as soon as possible.

Trend Times Toys Info wrote:
Hello,

Sorry to hear that you do not like your items.
Please send the item back to the address below. On the outside of the box in black marker write ?Trend Times Return? and attach a letter stating that you want to return the items and the specific problem your were having and your ORIGINAL shipping address. Make sure to get a tracking number for the shipment. ALWAYS PUT YOUR RMA NUMBER OF TT-93024326783 ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. AND SEND US THE TRACKING NUMBER ONCE YOU HAVE SHIPPED IT.

A full store credit for of the purchase price will be applied, once we receive back the items.

Send the item back to:
Trend Times Trading 23 Returns
10979 Penrose Street
Sun Valley, CA

As you have ordered the mini camera it will need to go back to our electronics department at the following address.

On the outside of the box in marker write ?ToysAndScooters Exchange? and on the outside of the box tape an envelope enclosed with a note stating the exact problems you are experiencing. Make sure to include your ORIGINAL shipping address in the note and on the outside of the box. Make sure to get a tracking number for the shipment and let us know when you have shipped it.

Send the item back to

ToysAndScooters
Att:Linda
4061 East Castro Valley, #138
Castro Valley, CA 94552

Kindest Regards,
Samantha Redding
www.TrendTimes.com

Last edited by neiklot96; 09-22-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
darkside212
Super Contributor

unfortunately this is normal for trendtimes.....a simple google of the name yields less than desirable results

best of luck to you
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Wholy smoke... I cant believe the number of complaints. I got an email from another person, completely unrelated, who also got ripped off from Trend Times. Sold her something for $200 that they bought from me for $20!! When she found I had them for $20 she was natrually pissed off huge.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:29 AM
neiklot96

I bought a similar tank from hobbytron.com a year ago for $69 and trendtimes wanted $150 for the same thing. The hobbytron tank tred slipped off when I tried to turn on dirt and grass but the trend times tank tred slipped off in the house on the carpet and cost over twice as much. What a rip off joke... that's not even a funny joke. This kind of company makes buying online a hazard.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:51 PM
neiklot96

I turned them in to the better business bureau online and copied all of my email complaints to trendtimes and trend times finally credited my credit card for the returns. Hopefully in the future they will include in their online checkout these rediculous terms of no money back. I would never have bought from them if I knew this upfront.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

neiklot96,

You may also wish to forward this information to the State's Attorney offices for your state and the state in which TrendTimes does business. Perhaps they can investigate and work to either force them to do legitimate business, or close them down for fraud.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

If you knew they were a chump company, who didnt refund, would you spend your money there? HELL NO. Thats how they survive, on the single, GOTCHA sale. Certainly not on 'return business'.

They make it because folks assume (rather natrually) that an online business these days is legitimate when it has a nice website, a USA location, and the product they want. Its really no fault of the consumer, its reasonable to expect services and goods for the price paid. Sadly, that is always the norm.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 PM
kandw101

Default ripped off

I ordered and paid for an instock rc boat on 12/2/08 from Trendtimes.com. It was for my grandson for Christmas. On 12/15/08 I emailed them to see where it was because the order said 5-10 days for delivery. On 12/17/08 they responded with: "It has shipped, should be there by monday." Samantha|
No tracking info at all included. To this date of 12/25/08 it has never arrived. I emailed them everyday from 12/20 to 12/25 and have not heard from them again. They have an 800 number but it has a recording on it. I have contested the charge on my credit card to see if I can get my money back. I am very cautious with online purchases, but these clowns got me. Caution, they really look legit!

BBB report:

Trend Times Toy Store
Full Service Hobby Store Gas Electric RC Helicopter, Planes

Business Name: Trend Times
Trend Times Toys
Business Address: 9393 N. 90th Street #102
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Principal: Brad Morrison ,
Phone Number: (800) 350-5420
(480) 657-9316
(888) 456-5965
BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business

Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with BBB due to 65 unanswered complaints.

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the due to unanswered complaints and a pattern of complaints. Complaints are concerning delivery issues. Specifically, complaints allege non-receipt of merchandise, inability to reach company representatives and difficulty obtaining refunds.

Please don't advertise SCUM like this. THANKS
Old 12-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Hot tip:

Trend Times is a family business. TWO players ONLY, Perry and Samantha. ANY OTHER NAME you get, or talk to is either Perry or Samantha acting like someone else.

Complete frauds here folks... Honeslty stay as clear as possible.
Its guys like that who make our online businesses suffer.

www.trendtimes.com is his site
www.sdminimotorsports.com is my site

His is more fancy, looks nicer, and is criminal. Mine is 100% legit, yet I get customers comparing our sites all the time 'why are they cheaper?" BECAUSE THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Twmaster

Why is it that people just blindly send their money off to places/firms unknown without one minute of checking on them via the Web?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:43 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Its best to only buy from vendors that use PayPal, your insured that way, if you do buy from a vendor that does not have paypal, make sure its a small amount that will not, make you or break you and check the vendor on the web first, like Twmaster says, the money you save, may be your own
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

The truth is that it happens every day.

I get orders online from folks I've never talked to, or replied to any contact with. It happens every day.

Before christmas I talked with a 78 year old grandma who was given my number, she did not have any internet desire/expierience/ability and gave me a sale via a CC.

If you cant to that with any website (talk to and order via telephone), then dont do anything with them is a good policy, but 35~40% of my orders this holiday season were new customers who only did the online shopping (my point is that I'm no amazon dot com by any means, just a small shop in San Diego) and those orders were all fullfilled.

I think its reasonable to assume that a website that is all certified this/verisign that and uses credit cards (and yes paypal) will complete the order if you click click click. I dont think anyone expects to call 'mr ebay' and talk to them when they clicky clicky.

I post about Trend Times because for a while, they were buying from us and criminally charging insane rates, WHEN they decided to ship months later. We quit selling to them, and still to this day deal with customers who bought from them.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
kandw101

Default It wasn't completely blind

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Why is it that people just blindly send their money off to places/firms unknown without one minute of checking on them via the Web?
The rc boat I paid for started out on Yahoo Shopping. I was sent to Trendtimes.com to make the purchase.
I have made all my Christmas purchases online for the last 3 years and have not had a single problem before.
Most of my purchases are made on Amazon.com.
No excuses here, just facts.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Kirsty_Carnage
A/V + A/P Camera operator

Thumbs up Buying online tips

TIPS for Buying online:

Only buy from stores that accept paypal.
Never fund paypal payments direct from your bank account, ALWAYS use your Credit Card...not debit, but Credit card.

Paypal do suck big time, especially if you have paid via your bank account, but if you have paid with a credit card they know you will always win..so they will return your money rather than have a chargeback filed against them.

Kirsty xx
Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kirsty_Carnage View Post
TIPS for Buying online:

Only buy from stores that accept paypal.
Never fund paypal payments direct from your bank account, ALWAYS use your Credit Card...not debit, but Credit card.

Paypal do suck big time, especially if you have paid via your bank account, but if you have paid with a credit card they know you will always win..so they will return your money rather than have a chargeback filed against them.

Kirsty xx
Kirsty,

Why do you say Paypal sucks? I use Paypal frequently, and have (knock on wood) never had a problem.

Also, if your debit card has Visa or Mastercard backing it, IIRC you are protected from fraud similarly to those protections offered to credit cards.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:24 PM
kandw101

Angry I'm Pissed!

I started a web site:

AND YES I'M GOING TO STAY PISSED OFF!!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 PM
kandw101

Originally Posted by kandw101 View Post
I started a web site:

AND YES I'M GOING TO STAY PISSED OFF!!
And here it is: http://rippedoffbytrendtimes.webs.com/

Quick Reply: www.trendtimes.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12891 seconds with 12 queries