Banggood Hobby Eagle A3 Super II Stabiliser - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Banggood Hobby Eagle A3 Super II Stabiliser

Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Banggood Hobby Eagle A3 Super II Stabiliser

Well Banggood seem to coming up with some snazzy items .. latest I see is the Eagle A3 3 axis stabiliser with auto levelling and PC connectivity all in the box.

http://www.banggood.com/Hobby-Eagle-...-p-991417.html

I've just ordered a couple to compare with my Orange units

At $26.99 incl free delivery ... less any points you have of course .. I reckon its worth a trial.

What appeals to me is the already built in PC bit with no need to fiddle about like the Orange cutting open case etc.

Nigel

Last edited by solentlife; 11-28-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Changed title to avoid confusion with the older less able series A3
Old 11-25-2015, 04:41 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

You're probably gonna wish you had gotten this one........:

http://www.banggood.com/Hobbyeagle-A...-p-975058.html

A lot less hassle to up-date firmware and program on the fly........
Old 11-25-2015, 05:10 PM
WAMBO

Subscribed. Looking forward to your results. I'm just getting into stabilizers...bought a Guardian and a Lemon, but have yet to put one in the air. Shortly I hope.

BTW, aren't both of the above links the same thing, except one includes a fancy programming card?

Last edited by WAMBO; 11-25-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
You're probably gonna wish you had gotten this one........:

http://www.banggood.com/Hobbyeagle-A...-p-975058.html

A lot less hassle to up-date firmware and program on the fly........
Same item but with the Programming card for field use. The Programming card is not necessary to program it as the PC link works ...

So I saved myself near half price by not having a programming card ...

The stabiliser itself is the exact same unit ...

Nigel
Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by WAMBO View Post
Subscribed. Looking forward to your results. I'm just getting into stabilizers...bought a Guardian and a Lemon, but have yet to put one in the air. Shortly I hope.

BTW, aren't both of the above links the same thing, except one includes a fancy programming card?
Exactly ...

Nigel
Old 11-25-2015, 08:38 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Yep......same kit with programmer.......buddy gave me the kit with programmer, had it installed on my second (modified) Tiger Moth I just sold.....nice to take along to the airfield rather than lug around my lap-top.......just a heads-up, the firmware does not load on all Ipod Apple tablets (even though Banggood offers Apple apps) and it's hit & miss on Droid tablets (I tried my new LG and older Samsung)........buyer beware............
Old 11-25-2015, 08:47 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

$27 stabilizer

Sounds interresting.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:26 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Yep......same kit with programmer.......buddy gave me the kit with programmer, had it installed on my second (modified) Tiger Moth I just sold.....nice to take along to the airfield rather than lug around my lap-top.......just a heads-up, the firmware does not load on all Ipod Apple tablets (even though Banggood offers Apple apps) and it's hit & miss on Droid tablets (I tried my new LG and older Samsung)........buyer beware............
My tablet is for ***** stuff ... so I will be using my Acer One anyway ..

But to be honest why would I want to program in the field .. I will have set up as variable gain + switched modes via Transmitter.

Nigel
Old 11-26-2015, 01:07 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

One feature you may find frustrating, no in flight gain adjustments.......you'll have to bring the craft down and plug it into your Acer or manually adjust each flight.......TX control for that aspect is limited.........Mode adjustments can be set in the TX, but they will not always save properly in the module, another reason for the remote programmer..........you'll find out soon enough......have fun & good luck..........
Old 11-26-2015, 10:02 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/gyros/a3super2.php

Clearly shows and states Remote Master Gain control ... the ability to alter gain of the stabiliser while in use by the Tx.

Of course once I get the unit in hand and testing ... I will find the truth of yes or no.

Nigel
Old 11-26-2015, 06:51 PM
WAMBO

Manual here:

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/manuals/
Old 11-26-2015, 07:05 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by WAMBO View Post
Got all I need thanks ... manual ... upgrade software ... PC config ... got it all ...

Cheers
Nigel
Old 11-27-2015, 04:07 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

This one is dearer but I intend getting one for my Glider/s
They have RTH built in and have very good reviews. Extra price because they have a GPS.
Plane or powered Glider gets out of sight or loses signal, it comes home and circles until you take control or it runs out of battery at the worst.
Still cheaper than an EagleTree Guardian.
Incidentally, I have the earlier model Eagle A3 and still use it. It has always been reliable.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:45 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
This one is dearer but I intend getting one for my Glider/s
They have RTH built in and have very good reviews. Extra price because they have a GPS.
Plane or powered Glider gets out of sight or loses signal, it comes home and circles until you take control or it runs out of battery at the worst.
Still cheaper than an EagleTree Guardian.
Incidentally, I have the earlier model Eagle A3 and still use it. It has always been reliable.
Nice one ...

I cannot find any mention of AVCS / Heading Hold ... which I want for 3D work. It looks as though its rate mode only.

Nigel
Old 11-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Yes, that is correct. Us poor aeromodellers are just expecting too much. They won't make us exactly what we want. If they did, they would charge us like wounded bulls.
There is a thread on RC Groups on that one you are looking at Nigel.
Trouble is with stuff like this, you buy a couple and the next time you look it is old technology.
Going to my flying buddys in the next day or so to fit a P1 in his new X5 for him.
The gain can be useful. I have it on the EagleTree Guardian in my X5 and is handy if it is windy or crosswinds when you are landing, you can wind it up a bit then back it off for normal flight.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:23 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Is that the thread I started on RCG ?

P1 - I have in my Cub .... not overly sold on it ... the Orange is better but needs reflashing.

I hope this A3 unit supplies what I want out of box.

Given that I only set 3 modes anyway ... and never open up to adjust ... this is not a problem. I bench test a lot making sure I get Zero ... mild .... full on. Via the 3 position switch.

I may if it works well buy the full $47 unit with programmer ... then I have the programmer for all 3 units. But first I want to see what it does.

Nigel
Old 11-27-2015, 04:49 PM
WAMBO

Lemon is supposed to introduce a new stab next month with gps and rth. Details seem sketchy.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

No Nigel, I saw your thread but this one was started in 2013 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=A3+Super

Last edited by Panther; 03-23-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:15 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Guys over on RCG asked me to change the Title because the older thread is about the PREVIOUS A3 stabilisers and it was confusing.

The one I am linking to is the later Super 2 version with in-flight variable gain etc.

I have changed the Thread Title to show the correct version.

I have also ordered another after reading reports on it ... and decided to go for the complete set with programmer. I only need the one programmer for all 3 ... so its fine. Hobby Eagle sell the programmer separate at $26 + shipping ... but Banggoods all in price is worth it.

Nigel

Nigel
Old 11-28-2015, 08:29 PM
WAMBO

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on the programmer version too. I figure if it works out, each additional unit is very cheap.

I hope you do a step by step post when you get yours. I haven't found much user info on these.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:31 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I most certainly will do an 'expose' ... but note - I am not a techno - so it will be purely a User related one ...

Slow boat from China ... + I'm away for 2 weeks ... so I should get home just about same time they arrive.

Have a few models already lined up for them ..

Nigel
Old 11-28-2015, 08:43 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Yep.....is-was confusing.....I had the A3......not the "Super A3".........hope the in-flight gain control they claim, meets your satisfaction....... the packaging A3 I had stated gain control "in-flight" possible. I could not get the module settings and the DX6i settings coordinated and zero'd equally. The TX (it seemed) would override and the module would adjust limits randomly.

You'll be more comfortable with the program card, once you work through PC programming........the remote programmer is a nice feature and my experience was "0" prior to owning that one..........I have since sold all of the after market axis gyro stabilizer equipment I had and one plane with it..........found I enjoyed my flying more without the "help", since I don't fly "real" 3d, only acrobatic. (and I had a buddy who made me a generous offer for the lot).......
Old 11-29-2015, 04:27 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I have invited Hobby Eagle to join in the discussion ... lets see what happens.

Seems RCG lot are getting their knickers in a twist that a new thread starts dedicated to the Super 2 ...

As I told them - I have no interest wading through page after page of old stuff and later mixed up Super and Super 2 ....

Anyway - most it seems to be is about the DIFFERENCES and not really getting down to the real user side .. people are asking questions and getting nothing back ...

Nigel
Old 11-29-2015, 05:06 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Typical RCG...........when I needed help with the Eagle A3, I did not bother with RCG. Like you mentioned, not a lot of info related to "hands-on" issues and fixes. Just complaints and try this and that BS......I contacted MotionRC directly.......:

http://www.motionrc.com/eagle-a3-sup...auto-recovery/

and used their customer support E-mail. They walked me through a few issues and we even discovered a couple of new bugs that got worked out with the V2 issue..........note, the firmware offered for the "Super A3 II is still being beta tested by consumers. The V2 version firmware was being circulated after they came out with the first version of the "Super". I was told this by MotionRC back in early February 2014.

Wayne, Matt and Tom over at MotionRC chime in occasionally at RCG, most of the time to discuss service issues and listen to complaints..........I recommend contacting them directly.......then chronologically post your find & fixes here or RCG.......Don't have to mention to YOU what to expect at RCG........
Old 12-18-2015, 05:17 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

OK ... lets get rolling ....

Finally the two units arrived at my Post Office. Well packed.

I am happy that they come with necessary connectors unlike Orange versions. Also the PC connector is solid and better to use than cutting open Orange and the press on programmer.

First thing I did was to load up the Programming / Set-up software on my Acer 1 notebook PC. Its nice and small and easy to carry. Being a Win 7 machine - it needed the USB utility installed. the files are too large for WF limits so here are the links :

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/download/A...v1.0_final.msi

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/download/A3S2_FW_V1.2.rar

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/manuals/Of...uctions_en.pdf

http://www.driverfilesdownload.com/d...-free-download

Updating the unit.

I found that you needed to disconnect all and load up the Offline Updater utility ... choose com port (the port chosen by the USB utility will be in the drop down box). Only then do you connect the Stabiliser. If you connect before starting or choosing Port ... it will not recognise it.

Updating is so easy and completes quickly. It's really nice after all the fiddly ways of doing Orange gear.

The first installation will be in my new Hobby King Skipper. This will provide a moderately stable and good flyer to trial one unit in. The other will be set-up in my Yak 55 Aerobatics model once I have gained experience with the Skippers unit.

As said - this thread will be purely the A3 Super II unit and practical actual use. I am no electronics expert - just a typical RC flier wanting a unit that works.

Nigel

Quick Reply: Banggood Hobby Eagle A3 Super II Stabiliser

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09565 seconds with 10 queries