NX-3 gyro calibration - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NX-3 gyro calibration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2019, 11:05 PM
sportflyer

Default NX-3 gyro calibration

This is my first NX-3 Gyro so the set up instructions is a bit confusing regarding learning the center positions:

1) On first time powering up the gyro , First calibration is to switch between Rate and HH 2 times within 1 second .But it does not indicate the interval to do this calibration after first power up.
2) More confusing setup step 6 indicates to switch between Rate and HH 3 times within 1 sec to relearn the center positions after setting gains pots etc. I assume this means without re powering up ?

Does this mean that after first flights and adjusting the trims , I need to do the 3X stitching to relearn the trim positions? Do I have to do this everytime before I fly the plane ?

Can someone who has used this Gyro please help clarify the gyro calibration methods