E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

MCX Servo problem

Old 12-27-2008, 03:29 AM
faiaflyer

Default MCX Servo problem

I got a MCX under the tree yesterday as did my Dad and my Son. Son and I test flew ours last night and he made me look silly as he could move all over house while I on the otherhand could go up down and side to side. Today after work I did the pretrip as suggested in the unread until this morning instruction manual. Seems my elevator servo is binding and not moving the right(viewed from the rear) servo. I really don't want to send it back and wait for Horizon to send a new one. Has anyone had this issue and were you able to resove it without shipping it back? Appreciate any help..
Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 AM
azjc

if it is making a buzzing sound the retainer (small o-ring) could have moved up the servo shaft and allowed shaft to move up ward and the teeth are no longer in a mesh
Old 05-23-2009, 10:32 PM
budtaco

ok so here is what I found. on my mcx s300 I started to hear a chatter from the servo also. the retainer ring did come up allowing servo rod to move up and down.. the 5 in 1 computer has auto centering function. when the rod moves down it try's to center itself. causing the chatter. here is what I did to fix it. No matter how much I tried to move the retainer ring back down the shaft to fix the play it would slip right back up. Two rings just bound it up.
I used that little plastic washer for the screw on the 5 in 1 board worked like a charm. No more chatter. just used one of the o-rings for the body on the computer board. did not try to use one of the body o-rings on the servo because it was rubber and I thought it would bind to. you could try it.. i just didn't want to risk it. If you have ever tried to put the retaineer ring on a servo it is a b. If you can be in really white room floor and all and naked it might be easier. I had that thing bouncing all over the place got it lost a cupple of times in the in the wrinkels of my pants. it is a miricle i found it everytime...... Well that's it. good luck.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
m40a3
Father, Husband, HeliNerd

Default MCX Servo Replacement

I had a similar problem with my MCX after I ditched it in the sink one night. Except the servo for fore/aft movement stopped working. I ordered the $9-$12 servo (depending on where you order it) and replaced it myself. Replaced the whole servo with new one in 15 minutes. You will need a soldering gun and magnifying glass, but it works.

Just FYI!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Jazzman
New Copter Crasher

When my MCX servo stopped working (aileron), I had to bite and send it over to Horizon Hobby. Cost me $13 in shipping (same cost as a new servo), but they sent me a new 5-in-1. I would have replaced the servo myself, except I could not find one at any of my LHS. Yes, it took over a month to from ship-out to getting my part, but at least I have an entirely new 5-in-1 to show for it.

I found that Horizon was reasonable to deal with in this case. I just wish I lived in Illinois so that I could have driven it to them!

Brian