Scale E-Powered Aircraft Discuss electric powered scale models here.

Should Start a thread on the Eflight DHC-2 Beaver..?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:45 AM
nascarwings

130 good deal...i build this one for 200 bucks for every thing...(not bat,,or reciver)...and it flys like a real big truck..lol...but ya can smoke and drink coffee while ya fly...lol....
Old 09-24-2008, 02:49 AM
nascarwings

oh thats a set of beaver float mounts on the telemaster...lol
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Tuning in. I am going back to read it. They have the Beaver at Ultimate Hobbies for 140. Add $10 more and get free shipping.

I just ordered one.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
nascarwings

Are they selling them for that price or do they just have a few..???...would be nice...im looking at the 59" K.M.P beaver for 159 bucks ...and not buying any thing from horizon untill that come back into the real world....
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
nascarwings

Default KMP beaver

K.M.P...beaverClick image for larger version

Name:	minibeav.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	81128
Old 10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

I am nto too sure how many they have, their prices on horizon ites are lower than retail.

The Texan is 210
The Deuces Wild is 210. Horizons initial price was 230, now it is 300
Old 12-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Bellakelpie
Short Circuit Creator

Local Oz distributor (Modelflight) has a new batch in-- but the price!!!! Shot up from $A220 to $A345.
Sorry, it ain't worth that much. Even at $220 it was a bit steep, considering that it's Asian made and has nothing in it re electronics.
When I can get a similar sized "Rainbow" for $150-- forget it!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
levendis

Default Beaver with landing lights

Navy,
These lights look great on your plane - was wondering if you could be kind enough to share with us what LED system you used and how you wired it? Thanks -
L

Originally Posted by navy atc View Post
Michael,
By Eflites own admission that is in error. Most everyone is mounting behind the firewall. Im not long in the hobby, but could not figure out why you would put the most expensive piece of equipment in a place most likely to impact or drown first. I have mine under the cockpit floor. So, move it back!!! The cowl will fit nicely. Make sure you have the correct sized "ball driver" and lots of patience. Good luck.
Heres a pic of my Beaver at night
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
TheDustyPagan
Banned

Thumbs up

Hey everyone..

I've recently decided to get one of these E-Flite Beavers. I have a bit of reading to do so I can get up to speed on everything talked about so far in this thread.. but, i'll be sure to chime in periodically and ask my faur share of questions.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:03 AM
nascarwings

You will have fun with it..lol...it is not and easy plane to fly just remember to keep the speed up and if you ya put the floats on it give it lots up trim...smile
Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 AM
TheDustyPagan
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by nascarwings View Post
You will have fun with it..lol...it is not and easy plane to fly just remember to keep the speed up and if you ya put the floats on it give it lots up trim...smile
Hopefully not TOO hard to fly...

I have the Hangar 9 Power 46 Piper J-3 Cub.. (in the horizonhobby website).. and that can be a little crazy if the wind's over 14mph.. but then again.. I haven't had much time to fly over the winter so i'm a little rusty, lol. I have about 10 or 12 flights on her so far.. (with no crashes... .."yet"), lol.

I might clip the wings to get some extra "handling" out of her.

As for the beaver.. (along with the J-3 as well).. I want to get that float kit.. She looks sweet with those floats on her.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
nascarwings

what are you going to power the beaver with.......i run mine on 5s 5000mah battery with a power 32 and the 13.65 prop....you have to cut the battery box up a bit to get it to fit....if you use 4s 3300mah battery flight times are short about 5mins...with the 5s 5000 i get 10 to 12 mins no proplems....
Old 04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
TheDustyPagan
Banned

Originally Posted by nascarwings View Post
what are you going to power the beaver with.......i run mine on 5s 5000mah battery with a power 32 and the 13.65 prop....you have to cut the battery box up a bit to get it to fit....if you use 4s 3300mah battery flight times are short about 5mins...with the 5s 5000 i get 10 to 12 mins no proplems....
That's actually what I was thinking of going with.. the Power 32 b ut I figured a 4s Li-Po would be okay. I'm taking it the 5s is needed then? (especially with the added weight of the floats?)
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
nascarwings

No it will fly fine on 4s...i use a 13x8 prop on mine on 4s but it will fly well on the 13x6.5 and 4s bat...and floats....
Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
JoeMamma
JoeMamma

Hi Guys,

I'm just starting on my EFlite Beaver. Had it for a couple of months.

I wanted to add as much scale detail as possible.

If you do an internet search for DeHavalind Beaver C-GOZR (C- is for Canadian identification), you will find many pictures of this particular Beaver (both with floats or wheels).

This particular Beaver was used for modeling EFlite's Beaver. EFlite elected to change the fuselage identification numbers from the real ID numbers.

I just found out the manufacturer of the blue and white prop logos. They are mailing me the actual sticker of the real aircraft logo.

As soon as it arrives, I'll scan it and post it here for everybody to use.

Joe M.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 Beaver.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	99353  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
nascarwings

are you planing to use it on floats or wheels...nice looking plane not a real great flying plane...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
JoeMamma
JoeMamma

nascar,

I found pictures of this particular plane with floats, small tires (as seen in my picture), or large Tundra-type tires.

Because I fly off of grass, I elected to use the Tundra tires.

Joe M.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM
nascarwings

It will fly nice on the wheels i flew mine off ice in the winter..and flew not to bad better then with floats...just keep your speed up ...and mix in some down elev in with your flaps...the biggest problem with this plane is the battery comp...it is way to small....you end up cutting the crap out of it to get a battery in it that will fly it for 10 mins...3300mah 14.8v will give ya about 6 mins of flying...and a 5000mah will give ya about 10 mins...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:30 AM
JoeMamma
JoeMamma

Just got the actual sticker used on the Beaver prop. See my post #165.

A SPECIAL THANKS to Nathalie at Aviation BL in Quebec Canada. She went out of her way to quickly mail me out the actual stickers they use on their props.

For some real nice pictures of the real aircraft used by EFlite for their Beaver, check out http://www.dhc-2.com/id138.htm

Joe M.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	99781   Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 Beaver.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	99782  
Old 11-03-2009, 01:52 AM
oem flyer

After sitting on my hobby table 90% compleated since about march, I finally maidened mine yesterday morning. I am running the power 32 with a 3200mah 4s. After taxing on the pavement for a few times (ground handling was a little squirrely but not too bad) I took her up. She was very stable and responsive, didn't even have to trim it to fly hands off. Kind of reminded me of a big hobbyzone super cub with aeilerons and flaps. Only thing I noticed different was that it needed a lot more rudder to make good turns than my other models. I brought her in over the grass and she settled to a nice pace about 2 feet off the turf. I flaired her to a nice three point and rolled about ten feet to a stop. I didnt try the flaps on this first flight and it kicked up a pretty good breeze later, so I will have to wait till the wind calms down before my second flight. My battery, after about a five min. flight at half throttle and taxing before the flight, took about 1500mh to charge back full. All and all I am very happy with its great looks and the way it handles. I do agree with nascarwings on the battery compartment. It is a little tight even with the 3200mhr pack,
Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 AM
JoeMamma
JoeMamma

oem,

Glad to hear your maiden went well ! You mentioned it's a little squirrely on the ground. It must handle like my 80" Piper Cub. The Cubs' a nice flyer, but it's real squirrely on windy takeoffs. Ya really got to work that rudder to keep her straight.

My Beavers' been sitting on the bottom of the shelf for about 9 months. Nine months ago it was number 4 on my list to get finished. I just finished the last of the other three and I hope to put some serious effort into the Beaver within the next few weeks. It will definetly be finished by springtime.

SO MANY PLANES.........NOT ENOUGH TIME......

Joe M.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 AM
oem flyer

Second and third flights also went well. Played with the flaps while high in the air on second flight. No problems-programed in some down elevator with the flaps - no balooning. Third flight managed a nice aileron roll and a large loop. Brought her in with half flaps - another nice landing. I'm getting more comfortable flying this plane and liking it a lot!! Thanks everyone for the building and flying tips on this and other forums.