Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Giant Rc Foamie Biplane Scratch Build

Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Ok The Glue has Dried, Sooo its back to glueing some more, Sooo off of my behind and back to building
Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Jasmine It will have a Towerpro 3520-7 motor on it with 4 cells and a 15x4 APC-E prop, the wings will be removable, I think I will use some nylon screws to hold them in place, I have a van, I might have to take out the seats to transport it Take care, Chellie
Meh... I took the seats out of my van the day I bought it. I haven't had the need to put 7 people in it yet
Old 01-11-2009, 06:21 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

did a little more glueing, got the leading edge epoxied on both wings, Darn Biplanes, you got to make 2 wings at a time for them Take care, Chellie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaa1111 001_1.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	89983   Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaa1111 002_1.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	89984  
Old 01-11-2009, 06:29 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Meh... I took the seats out of my van the day I bought it. I haven't had the need to put 7 people in it yet
Hi Jasmine My Van seats 8 and with 4 grand kids, I need them all what have you been up to Take care, Chellie
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Larry how did that giant fly? Chellie, looks like Larry is the man to give advice on Giant Scale Foamies.
Its one of my favorite planes of all time.

This video show it off very well. Of course Kyle Woyshnes is flying and he is one of the top 10 pilots in the country, but still, it was a great flying machine if I do say so myself

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k93vPVf-7U[/media]
Old 01-11-2009, 08:53 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Your giant Rc Plane flies Great Larry, I just hope mine flies Half that good Take care, Chellie
Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Your giant Rc Plane flies Great Larry, I just hope mine flies Half that good Take care, Chellie
It should, it has twice as many wings...

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Wow Larry! That video is amazing! Just listen to that throttle control. Thats the plane in your avatar? Very nice work. Perhaps you can get Kyle to put Chellie's plane through it's paces.

Hey Chellie, Looking great! I bet you can sell some plans when you are done! New day job? Don't get sidetracked, but what are you gonna build with the left over foam tonnage?
I am learning a lot from this thread. Keep it flat! Rob
Old 01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Subscribed....
Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
electrodude71

Thumbs up

im there "you go girl"
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
It should, it has twice as many wings...

Thank you for your vote of confidence Fred

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
Wow Larry! That video is amazing! Just listen to that throttle control. Thats the plane in your avatar? Very nice work. Perhaps you can get Kyle to put Chellie's plane through it's paces.

Hey Chellie, Looking great! I bet you can sell some plans when you are done! New day job? Don't get sidetracked, but what are you gonna build with the left over foam tonnage?
I am learning a lot from this thread. Keep it flat! Rob
Hi Rob its being a fun project, I am having to learn new ways of doing things, its getting there

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Subscribed....
This ones for you Chris

Originally Posted by electrodude71 View Post
im there "you go girl"
This plane is going to be fun, I never had a plane turning a 15" prop before, I bet it scares the heck out of me Take care, Chellie
Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 PM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
This will be interesting for sure! Any ideas on the power system? Will it have removable wings or are you going to buy a trailer?
Trailer? Heck, big as it is she will probably be able to fly it to the field!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by flywheel View Post
trailer? Heck, big as it is she will probably be able to fly it to the field!
lol :d :d :d
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

C'mon I want to see some finished pics! How do alot of people get those huge huge outrunners so cheap? I can only get eflite, and your motor if it were eflite would cost 120 bucks!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

25-30$ everywhere else! bub, steve
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by benovisoff View Post
C'mon I want to see some finished pics! How do alot of people get those huge huge outrunners so cheap? I can only get eflite, and your motor if it were eflite would cost 120 bucks!
70 size electric motor 45.95 just got to know how to shop

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._(Eq:_4030_AXi)

80 AMP esc $54.54
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller

4000Mah lipo 6s2p 25C $102.70

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...5C_Lipoly_Pack

TURNIGY 50-65A 400kv Outrunner
Ellis Pang I used this motor with the Turnigy 80A speed control and 6s2p 4400mah lipo, the motor swings a Xoar 16 x 10 electric wood propeller, the Amp draw is 50A and put out 1100W. Fly my 6.5 lb pattern plane with authority. Very good value for money.25 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
___________________Awesome in Fliton Extra 330 Fr
Todd Sheridan This is absolutely the best HXT motor I've purchased to date (of the 12 or so I've ordered). Put it in a Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle on an 18x10" APCe prop using four HXT 3S 2200 packs in a 6s2p configuration. People at the field can't believe it's electric, 60 inches of beautiful plane accelerating vertically until it's a spec in the sky. Fly-bys are blazing fast, motor comes down barely warm, packs a bit warm. AWESOME setup. Awesome motor.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I want to see some finished pics too I just started this build 2 days ago Take care, Chellie
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

Theres alot of cheap stuff out there, I don't have access to. I can only get eflite 480s for 80 bucks and 40 amp escs for 60. I am using one motor that has the power of a 400 that is $6 though. I checked out your utube. I had to close mine because I had some issues with it, too bad it had rc movies on it
Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

70 size electric motor 45.95 just got to know how to shop

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._(Eq:_4030_AXi)

80 AMP esc $54.54
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller

4000Mah lipo 6s2p 25C $102.70

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...5C_Lipoly_Pack

TURNIGY 50-65A 400kv Outrunner
Ellis Pang I used this motor with the Turnigy 80A speed control and 6s2p 4400mah lipo, the motor swings a Xoar 16 x 10 electric wood propeller, the Amp draw is 50A and put out 1100W. Fly my 6.5 lb pattern plane with authority. Very good value for money.25 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
___________________Awesome in Fliton Extra 330 Fr
Todd Sheridan This is absolutely the best HXT motor I've purchased to date (of the 12 or so I've ordered). Put it in a Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle on an 18x10" APCe prop using four HXT 3S 2200 packs in a 6s2p configuration. People at the field can't believe it's electric, 60 inches of beautiful plane accelerating vertically until it's a spec in the sky. Fly-bys are blazing fast, motor comes down barely warm, packs a bit warm. AWESOME setup. Awesome motor.

I'll put this and flaps and retracts on my T-28

Its hard to believe that on that site there are motors for .30 planes that only pull 15-25 amps. That can't be right. The eflite 370 pulls that much
Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 AM
darylm44

Theres alot of cheap stuff out there, I don't have access to. I can only get eflite 480s for 80 bucks and 40 amp escs for 60. I am using one motor that has the power of a 400 that is $6 though. I checked out your utube. I had to close mine because I had some issues with it, too bad it had rc movies on it
Why no access? Don't you have a computer and credit card. Can't hardly afford this hobby if you have to buy everything from the LHS.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

No I don't have a computer. Thats why I'm on WF hahaha. I don't have a credit card. Im 14. Plus if it is like turnigy, well I know that eflite is like 4 fold the price, but you really get what you pay for. I only do eflite motors and thunderpower batts, but I really have to scrim and save for them. Its tough for me because I have no income. Luckily if I have 1-2 planes I am happy, and can always trade, except alot of people take advantage of my age and gyp me into getting broken stuff or some other scenario like that.
But for chellie, I do have a flat foamie bipe for sale. I have a thread on it. Its called the fidget, but I do have quit a few takers but whoever actually mails me physical cash or money order will get the Bipe. Also I've a predator and blade 400.
-ben
Old 01-12-2009, 04:56 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

Slowjohn hasn't, he has great deals. I know your reading this thread!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Slowjohn hasn't, he has great deals. I know your reading this thread!

Thank You Ben
& yes I am lurking around here trying to learn more from some of these masters

Sometimes Ben you can find lower priced equipment that's just as good or close to it as the "Name Brand" stuff. The owner of the link I've sent to you several times is one of them, heck he's one of us Look up the Heads Up RC thread and read what's said about Jeff. Like I told you I know the man personally, have eaten meals with the man a few times and we've done a lot of business back and forth. He even has some of my planes. You just need to be careful and check out or be wary of some of the claims that're made by some vendors is all. If you find a bad one then let us all know and also let us all know when you find a good one too of course.
There's good vendors out there and then there's the bad ones of course and then there's Jeff and his store at www.headsuprc.com
Give Jeff a chance and I think you'll be the next convert to his way of doing business, "the old fashioned way".
You can ask Chellie too

Standing By,
SJ
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
darylm44

benovisoff,

Sorry, I didn't relies your age. It is tuf for you younger guy because this is a fairly expensive hobby (or can be). We have a young man who just tunned 15 in our club and he has several really nice planes including an IMAC size gasser. He works summers doing yard work and has a part time job during the school year.

Slowjohn is right there are sources out there that have good stuff at affordable prices, don't disregard them just because you think they are cheap. What is your problem with turnigy? I have several motors and a couple of ESC. I have had no problems with any of them. On the other hand I have had 2 different eflite ESC go bad on the same day. I have 3 small turnigy motors that I think are as good as or better than my Dualsky that I use on indoor foamies.

If you find something from hobbycity that you want to try just ask here first. Folks here will give you strait answers about anything having to do with electric flying. If the consensus is that it is a good product don't be afraid to save some $.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
wilmracer

I've got my eyes on this build. Good luck Chellie! I've always wanted a Biplane at that size.

Quick Reply: Giant Rc Foamie Biplane Scratch Build

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12412 seconds with 12 queries