General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Clearview ? on realism

Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 PM
hangingon

Default Clearview ? on realism

I've been useing clearview and flying the Apprentice, PZ T-28 Trojan & HZ super cub as well as the Hawk sky. Do any of you know if the sims is close to how these models fly in real life.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:02 PM
eagle33

I fly the Hawk Sky and I think Clearview is about 90-95% realistic.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
hangingon

I not sure if it will be anytime soon but I'm wanting to get another plane and the ones I listed is the ones I'm tryind to deside between & cost will be a big factor. I know it's most likley not going to be a 100% . But if I can fly it on clearview I'm hoping in real life I could fly the plane.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
yorkiepap

The primary importance of the sims are to keep your manual dexterity fine-tuned & any sim model close to what you have or want to to fly will improve your successes at the field. I'm on my RF6 & PhoenixV3 every day for 1.5-2hrs each since winter flying is very limited, if at all. Takeoffs are quite easy if you learn rudder/prop-torque application & your greatest improvements will show with landings if you spend the time on the sim to evaluate your approaches & touchdowns.

Denny
Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 AM
hangingon

Yorkiepap Thanks for the reply. I get on clearview everyday the weather here in Ga is like spring I think winter has skipped over us so far. I always here how good RF & phonix is & thats what makes me ? clearview I have been able to try RF before and it seems harder than CV. I just don't want to think O I can fly that plane great on the sims so I'll buy one. My cousin has RF & CV he can't fly on either or in real life. So I can't get his input. I have the sdm\harbor cub & it's not available for CV. & the Mini Titan is easier than in real life.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Realistic enough to convey the exact "feel" of a T28? No. No simulator can do that.

Realistic enough to help arming you with the necessary skills to fly a T28? Yes, if you put enough hours into it.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 AM
hangingon

Right now I fly a cheap priced SDM\ Harbor cub 3ch. I have crashed 4 times with it I lost rudder 1 time for not getting it plugged into the receiver good, 2nd I tried to fly in to strong wind 3rd wrong size prop it had too much pitch. Last crash I hit a tree. I'm learning to wait till it's not so windy which is hard for me to do. Now I will stay far away from trees too! I have learned very fast how to glue & tape this plane back togather.