Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Freewing 90mm F-18 Super Hornet v3

Old 11-13-2014, 02:57 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
If you live in the US, MotionRC is definitely the place to buy from. Free shipping on orders over $100, which qualifies for almost every single plane they carry. I got the A-6 Intruder for $299 shipped. And I'm pulling the trigger on the FMS B-25 today.
Did you the B-25 Pat?

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Pat,

Green w/ envy on the FMS B-25. I have the V7.5 P-51 BBD in the 1450mm series. Nicely built. I'm up to plane #6 with Motion and they never disappoint. Those guys understand customer service and more so, logistics.

I did see a new P-38 coming out soon that caught my eye. 83" WS :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2274566 Not too many good ones out there.

Anxiously await the FW F5N. I did learn the root cause for augering-in my A6 into a muddy ditch. Turns out my DX-9 had an internal loose connection. I could literally tap the front of the case near the light bar and make it go off or on. Oy vay.

All this time, I was blaming the Berumda Triangle, faulty esc's, faulty rx's, my dog, etc. Lost at least 3 good planes to this.

-Hawk
An 83" balsa P-38?!? Good grief, How long will it take me to save up $1300 in $30 increments? (<-- rhetorical question. please don't answer it )That is my dream plane!!

Sorry to read about your Transmitter, Hawk. Are you going to stick with the DX9?
Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 AM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Max,

As it turned out I had a problem with my DX9. Could lightly tap the front and the lights
Would go off and on. Lost at least 3 planes due to this loose connection. PO'd would be an understatement.

Here I was blaming the Bermuda Triangle, bad esc's , bad rx'a , my dog, etc when all along it was the DX9 intermittently turning itself off.

Oh well. Might go with the FW Rebel before the F5N comes out.

Ciao,

Hawk