Humor Have some funny jokes or stories? All is fair game except political, religious or too explicit.

Free Helicopter ride

Old 06-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Default Free Helicopter ride

Is anybody interested in a free ride in a helicopter flight for 4 people?

I'm still looking for 2 more people to join us.

We leave early Saturday (June 12th) from Greater Rochester Airport and will fly to Destin Fl, where we will have breakfast and then on a yacht for lunch. Then we’ll do a flight along the coast to see the sharks and dolphins, then returning to Joe's Crab shack, for dinner, then fly back home.

If interested please pm me.

Preferably someone with a helicopter and yacht, otherwise we can't go.

Found on another group, credit to my friend Kieth Trammel
Old 06-10-2021, 06:21 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Ha Ha !!

But on a serious note - we used to ride Republic Helicopters out of Houston and Galveston ... going out to ships offshore we were working. Because of my RC model flying AND trying to fly model Choppers - I had a good deal with the pilots - I would sit in co-pilots seat - making sure I didn't put feet on the ';bar' !!
One of the Galveston guys actually also flew model choppers and he reckoned they were a lot harder than the real thing.

All part of of the job !!

That vessel delivered 110,000 tonnes of Heavy Fuel Oil to US Gulf from Russia ...
Old 06-10-2021, 07:43 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

I have a friend that flys a real heli.
I showed him a video of a guy flying a 3D heli, doing all kinds of crazy things.
Mike watched wide-eyed, and then said; "NO! OH HELL NO! That would kill me."
He was totally astonished at the tricks the model was doing and had a hard time understanding what the pilot was doing to make the model do the tricks as they were happening so fast. Mike was trying to figure what he would have to do to make his helicopter fly like that.
He decided there was no way to move his controls that fast.

Oh yeah, Mike flys the US Army Apache Long Bow attack helicopter. A very capable machine.