POLKS hobbies Fokker triplane $25!!! - Page 5 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

POLKS hobbies Fokker triplane $25!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
skiman762
FFFC

What's weird is the triplanes were available again this morning I sent the link to a friend he emailed back later and said he ordered a tri go figure I was out painting the house
oh well
Old 07-28-2009, 12:23 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by skiman762 View Post
What's weird is the triplanes were available again this morning I sent the link to a friend he emailed back later and said he ordered a tri go figure I was out painting the house
oh well
Still tells me the Fokkers and Moths are out of stock.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:37 AM
skiman762
FFFC

yeah me too but he got one this morning at least he thinks we'll see
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

I hope they handle their train business separately or they have just lost a bunch of customers.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 AM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

dbcisco... I bet that your glass is half empty isn't it? You are just a bundle of negative energy. Instead of doing nothing at all but complaining and moaning, why don't you call them? That's exactly what I did last Friday when the server went haywire. I picked up the phone and called the company when I had questions. Here's the phone # so that you don't have to inconvenience yourself by looking it up. 973-351-9800 .

So, instead of sitting here beating the hell out of someone, be an adult, step to them, and find out from the source what is going on. I have called them twice to check on my order because the server crashed in the middle of my order. My payment was processed, but the confirmation was cut off. I could be sitting here badmouthing blindly like you are, but I chose instead to try to educate myself on the situation.

What you are doing sir is called SLANDER. Man up and call the company. You may learn something. Personally, I had never heard of them before last Friday, therefore, I was a little concerned when the server crashed. So, I called. I talked to Gill for 45 minutes. Turned out to be quite a helpful and nice guy. Told be what to look for with the planes that I ordered, how many planes that he has, discussed his personal website, what planes I fly, why they were changing their line up, and general chit chat for 45 minutes. Turned out to be a nice coversation with an older gentleman. I actually had to end the call because I was at work.

I appoligize to the other forum readers for my outburst, but I just can't stand dbcisco's complaining and bashing any longer without saying something.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Louis

Thumbs up

Last edited by Louis; 09-05-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

I am not "bashing" anyone, just stating facts. If you have a "contact us" on your website, you should use it. When somonme orders something you should respond, not delete their information. If you want to do e-business then do it, not play at it. If you want to play with the big dogs then at least learn to bark. I don't play with amateurs and posers. My biggest suggestion to them (as a multi-certified IT instructor) pay for trained support people or loose that money (or more) anyway. Good support people will, at the least, double your investment.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:10 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by Louis View Post
...The folks at Polks are top notch humans. ...s.
And they made big mistakes! like humans do.
Why can't you just admit that instead of inferring that I am a jerk for pointing it out?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 AM
degreen60
Flying Fish

To error is human, to really louse up takes a computer. Worked on computers for over 30 years till I retired in 93.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 AM
skiman762
FFFC

I'd really like to get one of their 72mhz radios but there are so many negative posts on the different forums about them I can't bring myself to do it.
Something about the built in scanner and it won't TX till the channel is open but sometimes will cut out if it picks up a channel nearby and off goes the plane to the great rc gods.
I fly at a large open field 25 miles from the closest rc field so I might be ok. They have a 5 year warranty but that doesn't help when you plow a 300 dollar plane.
I wonder how much is the radio and how much is operator error.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by Louis View Post
much better something would be if only that 'something' were done their way.
And the "new schoolers" are usually correct. That is why so many "old schoolers" are unemployed.
Do you still ride your horse to work? Order from the Sears catalog? Have one of those nice black AT&T phones with the dial? Yeah, us new schoolers really made things worse. What is your profession, have the same skill set and tools as 50 years ago? If so you are one in a million and lucky to have a job.

BTW, us New Schoolers realize that "humans" grow and learn and do amazing things. "Human" is not an excuse to make mistakes. It is an opportunity to make things better for yourself and others.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by skiman762 View Post
I'd really like to get one of their 72mhz radios but there are so many negative posts on the different forums about them I can't bring myself to do it.
Something about the built in scanner and it won't TX till the channel is open but sometimes will cut out if it picks up a channel nearby and off goes the plane to the great rc gods.
I fly at a large open field 25 miles from the closest rc field so I might be ok. They have a 5 year warranty but that doesn't help when you plow a 300 dollar plane.
I wonder how much is the radio and how much is operator error.

I can tell you that in the years I have been using my polk(s), I have never lost one to the transmitter issue. I love the radio. I mean REALLY. More than the 5 year warrenty, more than the 100% no questions asked service, more than the 'never wait for a freq'.

I have had one of my radios for about 9 years now. I just sent it in because it had some 'static' on the rt stick. Service? Nope, they sent me a NEW TX. Thats a radio that has been 'out' of warrenty for nearly as long as the warrenty itself.

I have only had 1 issue of it not wanting to initalize, and that was because there was a guy at the field that had a transmitter that was sending out the fattest signal I had ever seen... even other handheld freq scanners were seeing this thing put a signal out across the band many channels wide. In those cases, all I did was turn the TX on with the antenna down. It got its own freq, and I was good to go.

For the current price of $99 the TX IMO is the best deal going. 8ch TX, unlimited models (like 99 wont be enuf).

But the main thing that got me into Polk (aside from my first RC electric controller bought from them some 30 years ago) was Lewis Polk himself. The first time we met in Las Vegas at the Hobby Visions show he gave me over an hour of his time teaching me about the radio. It was not long after that our paths crossed again, and Lewis grabbed me from the crowd as he saw me first. Another long chat of some of the best RC info I'd ever gotten. They then offered me a sponsorship, and have provided me with any radio I needed. I'm on the short list for a 2.4 set. Lewis is one of the best guys in RC, and he truly is 'under-rated', but he is happy with that. Not the Giants of RC, but truly one of the RC companies that is in RC for the RIGHT reasons. Not to become a billionaire, but to make a decent living in the hobby he loves.

I'll not discount any one's thoughts and feelings. We are the consumer, and consumers only have 1 voice, and that is where you spend your money. Sure, Polk's business could be more in line with folks like HiTec, but then they would not be who they are. They are a family business with employees that care. Sometimes poop occurs. If it happened to me, I'd smile and say no problem, I've got patience with them that goes beyond other companies. I respect it if others dont have that same patience.

The last photo I just recieved an award at the F.E.A.R. event in Az, and that logo on my shirt is PROUDLY WORN.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02842.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	106247   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02843.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	106248   Click image for larger version

Name:	jimwithcessna.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	106249   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEAR Pheonix 06 (39).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	106250  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
All American

I received a call from my office today and four boxes arrived for me. Since I ordered two J3 CUBS, a Tiger Moth and a DR1, I'll assume the four boxes are my Polk airplanes.

That's great service, considering I ordered the planes last Thursday or Friday. I avoided all of the server issues by ordering direct from John Gill via telephone. I guess "Old School" is best sometimes, even though an earlier poster criticized us old schoolers.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

I even offered to drive there and pick mine up (now that is old school). Never got a response. Oh yeah, I used that new fangled emale thingy.
Perhaps I should have used a carrier pidgeon? Oh well, I only had $500 to spend, guess it has to go to China (very new school) now.

Originally Posted by Helpdesk View Post
I received a call from my office today and four boxes arrived for me. Since I ordered two J3 CUBS, a Tiger Moth and a DR1, I'll assume the four boxes are my Polk airplanes.

That's great service, considering I ordered the planes last Thursday or Friday. I avoided all of the server issues by ordering direct from John Gill via telephone. I guess "Old School" is best sometimes, even though an earlier poster criticized us old schoolers.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
skiman762
FFFC

Looks like 4 cubs went out today and will be here tommorow
Old 07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
decolvin
New Flyer

Drat! I was looking at this originally when I was at work. Would have loved to get that Charlotte glider. Can't order from work. By the time I got home, out of stock.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM
C130 Load

The ignore button is one of the new fangled thingy's I really like and I just decided to exercise that option.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by C130 Load View Post
The ignore button is one of the new fangled thingy's I really like and I just decided to exercise that option.
When you are defeated, there is no shame if you run and hide.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

Originally Posted by dbcisco View Post
When you are defeated, there is no shame if you run and hide.
I may not agree with you,but dats funny right dar
Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

I appreciate everyone's POV, I just don't agree with many of them.
I didn't bash anyone's opinion here, your are entitled to them.
I am just as much a consumer as anyone else. A business either pleases me or I go elsewhere, usually forever, and I take my shekels with me. I think of most businesses like a restaraunt. Make me wait to long or give me a problem and I you have one chance to fix it. If it isn't fixed quickly and easily, I'm gone. There are plenty of places to eat.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 PM
skiman762
FFFC

We'll the cubs are here. Very well built even has the servo extensions didn't take it out of the bag to see if was a Y harness in the wing, saves another 10 bucks. Pushrods for the tail built and installed. Looks like a real winner for 25 bucks even with the shipping still a good deal
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Received my packages. Unfortunately UPS decided to crush the box and crushed the ends of my top wing. This is the 3rd time UPS has crushed an airplane of mine. I hate UPS.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by idealhobbies View Post
Received my packages. Unfortunately UPS decided to crush the box and crushed the ends of my top wing. This is the 3rd time UPS has crushed an airplane of mine. I hate UPS.
Is UPS old or new school?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
osprey

ups cant to that to my order its still sitting there and i ordered it friday
and a Friend of mine ordered on sat and his is on the way ( GRRRrrrrrrrrr that is not right )
but with my luck when thay do deliver it that will deliver it to someone else
( that have done that 3 times to me already )
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

I think UPS is old school.
I go USPS myself, they seem to have better prices, faster delivery and that new-fangled tracking system. FedEX is pretty good too. I avoid UPS like the plague.

Quick Reply: POLKS hobbies Fokker triplane $25!!!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16021 seconds with 19 queries