CX2 Bearing or Motor problem - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

CX2 Bearing or Motor problem

Old 01-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Jstar

Default CX2 Bearing or Motor problem

Hey everyone, I have been flying the crap out of my CX2 and over 2 weeks, I have put about 60 flights into it. The bladecx2.com extreme core upgrade works great but... Lately I have been adding RH rudder trim more and more plus the flight times have gotten drastically shorter while heating up the batteries. The bearings aren't heating up and I have blisters on my fingers from taking it apart so much. Any thoughts?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
ACRO-HELI

Originally Posted by Jstar View Post
Hey everyone, I have been flying the crap out of my CX2 and over 2 weeks, I have put about 60 flights into it. The bladecx2.com extreme core upgrade works great but... Lately I have been adding RH rudder trim more and more plus the flight times have gotten drastically shorter while heating up the batteries. The bearings aren't heating up and I have blisters on my fingers from taking it apart so much. Any thoughts?

Im having the same problems with mine, 2 min flight times on new li-pos, i replaced the motors with the 180 ball bearing motors and still the same problems.... it hovers well but as soon as i do forward flight or pirouettes, or any kind of manuever that requires a little loss of altitude it wont recover the altitude it just drops like a rock, i have flown the crap out of this thing as well, are you having these same problems?? it feels like something is draining the pack drastically,
anyone have a solution? im ready to toss this thing and buy a new one......
Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same thing, replaced motors & hubs you name it still only flys a min or two before she loses power, your bub, steve
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Jstar

I would get 14 minute flight times out of a new 900mah battery and it would remain cool. Now, after 3 minutes on any battery, it won't hover in ground effect and the batteries are not plastic melting hot but way hotter than normal. I have been keeping track of flights on my new battery and I have not even logged 15 flights on it. I figure by the end of today I will run out of rudder trim to the right. I am going to try swapping the motor plugs on the ESC and see if the yaw goes opposite. Hopefully that will tell me if it is a motor problem.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
ACRO-HELI

I have read a few other post about similar problems with flight times dropping,

1 person said they had some minor stripping of the inner gear and it had been replaced after noticing and the flight times went back up
ive checked mine and it looks fine, i also lubed up the inner and outer shaft with some wd-40 to see if that helps with flgith times... time will tell (waiting for packs to charge)
Old 01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
nascarwings

check your Swashplate make sure it has not split, it hard to see check it good....mine split and the thing flew like crap replaced it and it worked fine!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Jstar

Well, I found that the motor running the upper blades was squeaking slightly and makes way more noise while turning by hand than the other motor. I also realized that the bladecx2.com bearings are just slightly smaller than the eflight bearings. My swashplate hole (no jokes here) is out of round but I can't tell if it is split. Swapping the motors on the speed control showed me nothing except how fast the helicopter can spin. Don't try it. I have lubed everything and still no change to flight times.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Jstar

PS When I say rudder trim, I am talking about the pot on the 3 in 1. I should have clarified.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Jstar

Thank you to Boom town hobbies. the aluminum swash and the extreme motors fixed my problems. What a difference. Don't hesitate, get the extreme motors!!!!!