General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Micro Heli Fun

Old 01-01-2015, 09:32 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Micro Heli Fun

Hi Everyone I picked up My Grandson a Micro Indoor Heli made by Propel on EBay, It was Cheap enough like $24.95 that included shipping, My Grandson flys it better than I do and he is only 6 yeas old I put a thin coffee stir stick where the rear landing wheels are and used rubber bands to hold it in place, a cheap training gear I know those little helis dont last very long, as he has had one before, But it sure is Fun to watch him fly it and get all Jazzed up I think I may have another RCer in the family Take care, Chellie

Old 01-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Neilson Orlov

your grandson must be very cute from what you said. congrats! by the way, what's size of this heli
Old 01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Neilson Orlov View Post
your grandson must be very cute from what you said. congrats! by the way, what's size of this heli
Yes My Grandson is very cute He gets his good looks from his Grandma Chellie LOL, here is a video I found on Youtube on the propel micro heli, for about $20.00 Its a Good Valve and a very tough little heli, My Grandson has crashed it alot, and it just keeps going, Take care, Chellie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4QWaRzqFJs
Old 01-09-2015, 01:34 PM
swimmer

http://www.brookstone.com/quark-micr...cToys|L1_Games

When my wife told me she bought a quadcopter at a Brookstone store for our grandson I was a little miffed because she did not ask me where to get one. I thought it would be a piece of junk and quickly be discarded. Not so this one, however. I am very satisfied with the quality, it is 2.4GHz and the flight time is very good. I have a Estes ProtoX but I like the Brookstone quad a lot more than mine.

Sorry Chellie. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:14 PM
jeholliday

Hey Chellie, grand kids are amazing. My grand son literally wore out three of those things flying around the house. I couldn't get past a hover let alone fly it with out crashing it.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:48 PM
jcstalls

Looks like fun for the little.............Angel

We have for grand kids as three Venusians and one Martian.

I recall a two bumper stickers on a very expensive motor home decades past.

"We're out Spending our Children's Inheritance"

"Grandchildren, the Ultimate Revenge"

Jared
Old 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Mogg2112
Coming in hot!

Nice to hear you getting the young ones involved OP! I sure wish these micro flyers were available when I was a kid. I've had a Syma S107G micro co-axial 3ch heli for a little over a year now and it's an amazing toy-grade helicopter for a very low price. It uses IR instead of a 2.4Ghz radio, which limits it to only being able to fly indoors, but it's so much fun. I will look into Propel helis and maybe pick one up to compare!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:16 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
http://www.brookstone.com/quark-micr...cToys|L1_Games

When my wife told me she bought a quadcopter at a Brookstone store for our grandson I was a little miffed because she did not ask me where to get one. I thought it would be a piece of junk and quickly be discarded. Not so this one, however. I am very satisfied with the quality, it is 2.4GHz and the flight time is very good. I have a Estes ProtoX but I like the Brookstone quad a lot more than mine.

Sorry Chellie. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Feel free to Hijack my threads anytime, as long as it makes for interesting reading, its A OK with me

Originally Posted by jeholliday View Post
Hey Chellie, grand kids are amazing. My grand son literally wore out three of those things flying around the house. I couldn't get past a hover let alone fly it with out crashing it.
Those helis take a little getting used to but they are fun

Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Looks like fun for the little.............Angel

We have for grand kids as three Venusians and one Martian.

I recall a two bumper stickers on a very expensive motor home decades past.

"We're out Spending our Children's Inheritance"

"Grandchildren, the Ultimate Revenge"

Jared
Yep, I keep telling my Kids, I Love Grand kids, Because Pay Backs a Beach LOL

Originally Posted by Mogg2112 View Post
Nice to hear you getting the young ones involved OP! I sure wish these micro flyers were available when I was a kid. I've had a Syma S107G micro co-axial 3ch heli for a little over a year now and it's an amazing toy-grade helicopter for a very low price. It uses IR instead of a 2.4Ghz radio, which limits it to only being able to fly indoors, but it's so much fun. I will look into Propel helis and maybe pick one up to compare!
For the price, you cant go wrong, use a plastic coffee straw and make a training gear for it, they are much more stable taking off from the ground that way, and takes the stress off the lower blades, I had to open the heli once and remesh the motor gear, after my grandson crashed it a bunch of times
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Next you'll be buying them a V911 from Banggood !!

Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-09-2015, 11:40 PM
jcstalls

After they learn to mow the lawns, pluck weeds and take out the trash,........perhaps.