Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Getting settled in my new home/flying field

Old 06-11-2015, 08:13 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Default Getting settled in my new home/flying field

Well it's been a long time coming but the move is finally coming to completion. We are in our new home now and most of the boxes are unpacked. Still have some work do do around the house but for the most part we are settling into our groove.

I love my new garage/hangar and I have plenty of space to fly my smaller stuff in the backyard. ever since I started flying RC I wanted a place big enough to fly from the garage. I am a happy man!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	back yard.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	180960   Click image for larger version

Name:	sunset flying.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	180961   Click image for larger version

Name:	truck garage.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	180962   Click image for larger version

Name:	0609152236.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	180963  
Old 06-11-2015, 09:40 PM
birdDog
Charging....

I see many twilight sorties in your future. That is one heck of a collection!
Grats on finally settling in.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:27 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

oh so jelouse!!! what a beautiful garage!! it's completely virgin for designing the perfect workshop/hanger/ect...ect... i sort of wish i lived near by and we could toss sheetrock on those walls,all ready insulated to boot.it would be done in no time. i can't wait till my wife and i move out of Bergen county New Jersey to a retirement friendly state. if you saw my lil capcod house on a postage stamp yard,you would be shocked i pay 10,000 a year in property tax. the area is mega populated so school yard flying is non existing.

glad your getting settled in Bill,we have been missing your contributions here at wattflyer. like birddog said,nice collection.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:49 AM
Wrongway-Feldman

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
oh so jelouse!!! what a beautiful garage!! it's completely virgin for designing the perfect workshop/hanger/ect...ect... i sort of wish i lived near by and we could toss sheetrock on those walls,all ready insulated to boot.it would be done in no time. i can't wait till my wife and i move out of Bergen county New Jersey to a retirement friendly state. if you saw my lil capcod house on a postage stamp yard,you would be shocked i pay 10,000 a year in property tax. the area is mega populated so school yard flying is non existing.

glad your getting settled in Bill,we have been missing your contributions here at wattflyer. like birddog said,nice collection.
Wow!! $10,000 a year. I hate having to tell you I have to spend the massive sum of $900 a year for my 10 acres of paradise.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:28 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Thanks guys. Now that all the hard stuff is over I'll have more time to get online again. looking forward to getting back in the groove. In some ways it feels like I am starting all over again.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:58 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Thanks guys. Now that all the hard stuff is over I'll have more time to get online again. looking forward to getting back in the groove. In some ways it feels like I am starting all over again.

That's because you are starting over again!

Bill that garage is great gonna be nice in the bad weather. It looks like you can fly micro planes in there. Well glad your ready to get your grove on and like the pic of the Giant Norman. Bet your new club mates thought it was cool.

Hey just thought of it. Now you can get back to the balsa cuda build I want to see how that turns out. Been flying my foam one a lot it's my windy weather flyer.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:10 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Really nice setup!

(BTW, we've got a rich SOB around two miles from here that has property taxes of $7000. Per Month. Yeah, it's a mansion with some 100 acres of land with it.)
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
Wow!! $10,000 a year. I hate having to tell you I have to spend the massive sum of $900 a year for my 10 acres of paradise.
I'm not sure I would brag - you guys tax the tax up there.... I feel pretty good about our total tax liability here in the States, you guys really get socked IMHO.

Mike
Old 06-13-2015, 10:57 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
Really nice setup!

(BTW, we've got a rich SOB around two miles from here that has property taxes of $7000. Per Month. Yeah, it's a mansion with some 100 acres of land with it.)
Yep it is horrible when the American Dream comes true and you do well, make a ton of money and buy cool stuff.

Horrible...

Mike
Old 06-14-2015, 02:15 AM
fdnyjery
FDNYJERY

Fireman Bill;Congrats to you buddy. I am really happy for you . you must feel like you went to Pilots Heaven. You are a very nice guy ,and you have helped many, myself included on WF and you deserve the best. I know you will love your new digs My very best of luck to you and Blessings on you your family and your new house FDNYJERY
Old 06-14-2015, 04:37 AM
Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace

Hey Bill, congrats on the new diggs. So do we now have to call you Rangerman Bill?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Ranger Bill seems to be sticking for sure.

I just got back from two days of training at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations (TBI) They really are trying to make a cop out of me!

got home last night and went out to the model field, cut the grass and did some flying.

new club only has 15 or so members. A big change from the old one at 130+