Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Battery Choice

Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 AM
cyclic54

Default Battery Choice

Well having spent some time searching for battery information on the forum pages, it's come down to this.

HELLLLLLLPaah (not quite a girlie scream)

Highest value battery to fit the King 2 with brushless motor? Information as to the best battery rating for, training hovers and figures of 8 and circuits would be most gratefully received please? I'm trying to ascertain the battery duration in regards to flight times too. I guess I'm looking to see how many batteries I can get away with for a mornings flying maybe. Hmmm maybe I will need that wheelbarrow after all.....!

Also, but not too sure here, this query could be handicapped by the fact, the battery needs to fit into the Esky Jet Ranger fuselage. I'm about to go complete alu metal upgrade for her too (the original King 2 that is) prior to installation to the BJR fuselage.

After watching the videos of guys 3D-ing their heli's around....in breathtaking displays, I've totally destroyed my self confidence to attempt it and therefore, have decided it's not for me (too long in the tooth). So I think I will be happy to sit with a scale and fly linear(ish).

A huge Thank You to any pilots out there that might give up a few moments and pass on a fraction of the wealth of their knowledge base and advice.

Maybe I should add that I have not flown yet as I'm intent on putting all the upgrades on first and of course.......the training boom.....well....I'm sure you have gathered it's my first time out.

Cheers community
Pete
Old 06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

Welcome to Wattflyer!

To help you out here, we're going to need some more information... Such as, what is a "King 2?" It appears to be a helicopter of some sort.

Surely the heli came with a default battery recommendation. We'll need that battery's specifications in order to help you make a choice for a suitable replacement. It will also help to know how many Amps the helicopter draws at full-throttle, full-positive-pitch, so we can choose a battery that is up the task of powering your heli for more than a few flights.

In general terms, you are going to be limited by the physical size of the battery bay, and the weight of the recommended battery. There is probably a little wiggle room on the weight, though.

For duration, you will want the highest mAh rating that fits in the space and weight constraints.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
cyclic54

Default Battery Choice

The Instructions with the Esky Honey Bee King 2 RC copter, really are not that clever, as far as comprehension goes. The battery (supplied) with the brushless motor was an Esky own brand 1000mAH 11.1v 10c. The upgraded King 2 supposedly has an upgraded battery carriage too, longer. I'm really not sure that it is larger, I need to perhaps look at contrasting them (the original to the mod) on the Internet from pictures.

Right then, I have looked through the manual and I'm afraid I cant find the information you asked for ref to the drawn Amps. Sorry. I have noted too, that in amongst the forum pages, there is reference made to the lack of clarity in the Esky manual.